Figuring out how "No Suit" #55647 bodysuit works

jukingeojukingeo Posts: 693

Hello All,

I just recently purchased the "No Suit" for Genesis 8 skin tight bodysuit:

https://www.daz3d.com/no-suit-for-genesis-8-females

While I love the premise behind this clothing item, the problem is that I can't get anywhere with it.  First off it doesn't show up in the Smart Section tab, so I have to go into the Content Library.  I find it there, I do find the suit and I CAN apply it to the character, but trying to click on any of the other options, nothing happens.  I was looking around for some kind of instructions, but there are none given.  I am wondering if someone with experience using this item could assist me with it.

Thank you

Post edited by jukingeo on

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

'The No Suit is a series of morphs and Geografts made for Genesis 8 that will instantly make her appear to be wearing tight fitting spandex.'

It's not a skin tight bodysuit, it's altered color and morphs to the body that makes it LOOK like a skintight bodysuit.

The easiest approach is to load the No Suit G8M or NoSuit G8F figure, and apply textures from there.

• jukingeojukingeo Posts: 693
    Oso3D said:

'The No Suit is a series of morphs and Geografts made for Genesis 8 that will instantly make her appear to be wearing tight fitting spandex.'

It's not a skin tight bodysuit, it's altered color and morphs to the body that makes it LOOK like a skintight bodysuit.

The easiest approach is to load the No Suit G8M or NoSuit G8F figure, and apply textures from there.

Yes, I saw the No Suit figure, but it is a plain vanilla figure.  What if I wanted to use one of my characters or a pre-made character such as Alexandra or Eva for that matter?

• jukingeo said:
    Oso3D said:

Yes, I saw the No Suit figure, but it is a plain vanilla figure.  What if I wanted to use one of my characters or a pre-made character such as Alexandra or Eva for that matter?

Non-HD morphs should project into the GeoGrafts, and texture apply to the non-suit areas as normal.

• You can find some additional instructions here:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/55647/start

But it sounds like you would be best off saving the character you already have (morphs and material presets) and applying those to the No Suit figure, if I'm understanding the instructions correctly.

You can find some additional instructions here:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/55647/start

But it sounds like you would be best off saving the character you already have (morphs and material presets) and applying those to the No Suit figure, if I'm understanding the instructions correctly.

Hello,

I been following those instructions and it seams like you have to put the No Suit character in place first, then put the suit textures on and finally load in the character skin texture of whom I want to use.  This creates areas with the suit off and then I can take it from there.   Changing out colors isn't too much of an issue, but unless you use the colors supplied, you loose the stitching texture on the edges, so I am not too fond of that and I don't know of work around there.   Next issue is that it is VERY tedious to creat a bare portion of the body.  Unlike with a regular outfit, all you have to do is change the opacity of an area.  I found out quickly that you can't do that here, otherwise you are left with a hole in the character!   According to the instructions, you have to cut and paste the surface texture of the original skin over to the selected area.  So I did that using adjacent areas and I found out that doesn't work well.   Since the ears were exposed, I used that to create exposed areas on the forearms.  Low and behold I ended up with a pair of lips on the forearms!  A similar thing happend to me with the legs when I didn't realise that the upper part of the legs are the torso and I cut and pasted the lower part of the legs to the upper part and I ended up getting black areas on the upper part of the legs.   It seems that my only way around this was to create another instance of my character next to the one with the 'No Suit' on.  Then I copied from the correct areas from that character and pasted them to the 'No Suit' character and that worked fine.

One thing though was that I was trying to create a character that more or less like a female Loki Super Hero type character and when I did this cut and paste scenario, it seemed like I lost some mucular detailing on the 'no suit' figure...but I had dialed in the same traits on the secondary figure I was copying from.  I don't know why that happened.  But I ended up just dialing the musuclar details in higher to compensate.

Overall I think it is a novel idea to get a nice skin tight suit without worry of poke through.  But there is much more work involved to create bare areas, unless you are ONLY using the grafts for the face and fingertips.  You want more bare areas and it takes a long time.   I will post a render later on of my character.  Overall I like the look and I am certainly going to keep the 'No Suit' bodysuit, but I think I would rather go with a regular bodysuit I can turn areas on and off in terms of opacity for 'quicker' characters.  But for those that I put more time in, I will certainly use "No Suit' for sure.  I do like the zones on it and the variability on the arms and legs is fantastic.

Thanks

• Rather than cutting and pasting adjacent areas, have you tried loading a second figure, applying the texture preset there, and copy the surfaces from one figure to the other? That way you know it's the same maps.
    Rather than cutting and pasting adjacent areas, have you tried loading a second figure, applying the texture preset there, and copy the surfaces from one figure to the other? That way you know it's the same maps.

Yes, that is what I said I did above when I realized adjacent areas didn't work.  I set up a new instance of the character and dialed in the morphs and such however, I think this was not a good idea as it seemed I had a problem doing that and lost the details.   If I just went base figure for base figure with the 'no skin' on and when I was finished with the exposed areas, THEN dial in the morphs.  The character is rendering now, so I will post it here later.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238
    edited February 2019

I tried the method of having a figure to copy from and it greatly streamlined everything...

1. I loaded the no suit figure and zeroed out the morphs and removed geographs where I wanted exposed skin.
    2. I added the default materials to figure and geographs.
    3. I applied appropriate shaders to areas I wanted and copied over textures from donor figure.
    4. I added morphs, hair such as head hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows and shaded them.
    5. I deleted donor figure, posed no suit, and lit the scene.
    6. I rendered the scene.
    7. Here is the results.

nosuit.jpg
    877 x 1148 - 100K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
    edited February 2019
    nemesis10 said:

I tried the method of having a figure to copy from and it greatly streamlined everything...

1. I loaded the no suit figure and zeroed out the morphs and removed geographs where I wanted exposed skin.
    3. I applied appropriate shaders to areas I wanted and copied over textures from donor figure.
    4. I added morphs, hair such as head hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows and shaded them.
    6. I rendered the scene.
    7. Here is the results.

Wow!  That's pretty cool!  In the end I somewhat followed the same order you did using a 'donor' figure.   Here is how my superhero turned out:

As you can see, with all the exposed areas on her suit, it was very tedious.  However, in the end I was very pleased with the results. 

Cute isn't she?  The only thing is that I haven't given her a name yet, nor figured out what super power she has. But whaever she ends up doing, she will look damn good doing it!

Thanks for the help!

Zara-SuperheroLoki inspired.png
    647 x 916 - 505K

As I have practiced, it gets much quicker.... Since the no suit surfaces can be shared (ie... i can paste the face to the face, face upper, face eye mask, etc...), the copying of surces gets faster as you learn the surfaces. Now the next trick  is to add a geoshell with a material and a mask, and you have an insignia! 

nemesis10 said:

As I have practiced, it gets much quicker.... Since the no suit surfaces can be shared (ie... i can paste the face to the face, face upper, face eye mask, etc...), the copying of surces gets faster as you learn the surfaces. Now the next trick  is to add a geoshell with a material and a mask, and you have an insignia! 

I did try that as well with the suit texture, but you do still have to be careful as sometimes I didn't get the seams to line up, but going from adjacent areas usually is fine.  As for the Geo-shell, I heard of it, but don't know much about it. I know it supposed to help with layering clothing.   That was one of the things I liked aboout the 'No Suit' as it is a part of the figures.   Well, I just have to play around with it some more.

Thanks!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Very quickly, a geoshell is a replica of the skin of your character that floats above your character like paint.  It inherits the UV of your character and can use all of the Daz shaders.  An example of what can be done is https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-blood-n-dirt-for-genesis-3-male-s.  You can have transparency, gloss, normals etc... So you can create a geoshell of the no suit, apply an emission shader, creat a mask from the UV template for G3 (G3 and G8 share similar UV's) with a super hero insignia, lod th mask into the Cutoff Opacity to create a super hero with a glowing insignia for example...

nemesis10 said:

Very quickly, a geoshell is a replica of the skin of your character that floats above your character like paint.  It inherits the UV of your character and can use all of the Daz shaders.  An example of what can be done is https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-blood-n-dirt-for-genesis-3-male-s.  You can have transparency, gloss, normals etc... So you can create a geoshell of the no suit, apply an emission shader, creat a mask from the UV template for G3 (G3 and G8 share similar UV's) with a super hero insignia, lod th mask into the Cutoff Opacity to create a super hero with a glowing insignia for example...

Would the Geo-shell be another good way to get around the cutting and pasting?  It would behave like a normal suit then and all I have to do is dial out the opacity for the see through sections, right?  I would think that would work faster than having to use a donor figure. Would that work?

Thanks

jukingeo said:
    nemesis10 said:

Would the Geo-shell be another good way to get around the cutting and pasting?  It would behave like a normal suit then and all I have to do is dial out the opacity for the see through sections, right?  I would think that would work faster than having to use a donor figure. Would that work?

Thanks

Not really, the geoshell is more like a texture rather than geometry... forexample the no suit has wrinkles,  zones and geometry rather than that the geoshell which wil follow such topography.  Moreover, if you do something fancy, you have the same issues that someone creating textures for character skins; the surfaces are 3d so there is a fair of work to get things to line up across maps.  There are software packages such 3DCoat or current versions of Photoshop that alow you to render and visualize in 3d.   Nothing here is impossible but, if you think setting up the no suit is hard, you will this is a magnitude harder.   

nemesis10 said:

Not really, the geoshell is more like a texture rather than geometry... forexample the no suit has wrinkles,  zones and geometry rather than that the geoshell which wil follow such topography.  Moreover, if you do something fancy, you have the same issues that someone creating textures for character skins; the surfaces are 3d so there is a fair of work to get things to line up across maps.  There are software packages such 3DCoat or current versions of Photoshop that alow you to render and visualize in 3d.   Nothing here is impossible but, if you think setting up the no suit is hard, you will this is a magnitude harder.   

Ok, Gotcha. 

• FantasyFantasy Posts: 40
    nemesis10 said:

6. I rendered the scene.
    7. Here is the results.

Hi Nemesis, where do I remove geographs to expose skin? And where do I choose areas to change colours to? (I don't understand this product at all, I got the female version G8F)

Fantasy said:
    nemesis10 said:

6. I rendered the scene.
    7. Here is the results.

Hi Nemesis, where do I remove geographs to expose skin? And where do I choose areas to change colours to? (I don't understand this product at all, I got the female version G8F)

I just saw this but go to your scene tab, select your figure, expand the figure and you will see the geografts. To change colors,  select a figure or geograft, go to the surface tab, change parameters.

edited August 2020

I know this thread is outdated, but I have since removed this item from my Daz Library as I no longer use it.  While the results are pretty good, it was just too much hoop jumping and cutting and pasting of textures.   Bahhh!  At any rate, I found this item and I am totally in love with it:

https://www.daz3d.com/super-hero-suit-for-genesis-8-females

While it doesn't have as many material zones as the No-Skin bodysuit, it does have quite a few options in terms of the styles of leggings boots, gloves, and cut outs on the body.  Again, not as many options, but it is fast and no fuss, just move a dial to change the style in each area.

Geo

• I copy pasted the skin but I can't figure out how to get the wrinkles out of the skin areas

Alewis478 said:

I copy pasted the skin but I can't figure out how to get the wrinkles out of the skin areas

I am not sure if this question was directed for me, but I have stopped using this item in favor of the one I linked to above.

"I copy pasted the skin but I can't figure out how to get the wrinkles out of the skin areas"

Parameter settings > Parameters currently used> dial out the appropriate morph

• Alewis478 said:

I copy pasted the skin but I can't figure out how to get the wrinkles out of the skin areas

They are morphs. In the Parameters tab, click Actor under the "No Suit" sharacter, then on the right pane of that tab type in suit in the search filter field at the top. Then you should see only the "nosuit" morph dials, and can turn up or down the sliders you want.