ManFriday's Render Queue (the old one from 2019) [Commercial]

Comments

• TGFan4 said:

Useful tips, thank you guys! :D

I like Render Queue better than Batch Renderer mainly because it saves the 'to-do list.' With Batch Renderer, I keep a separate file with all the renders that are ready to go, and my last step of work is to set up Batch Renderer to do its thing. When I get back to Daz, I have to check how many renders finished and then update my to-do list manually. Render Queue has the to-do list built-in, and when you halt it in the middle of progress, it has the status of each render displayed for you, so I don't need to do extra work to find out what happened. None of this is hard to do, but it's a nice convenience. IMO, the downside of Render Queue is that when it is running, it keeps a progress box open that is an extreme focus hog. Even if you minimize Daz, the Render Queue progress box stays on top of everything. The work around is to move it to the corner of your display so it's not in the way, but this is not an ideal solution. I still use Render Queue over Batch Renderer because the annoyance of the focus hog progress box is less than the convenience of the built-in to-do list. :D

If you're using Windows 10, have you tried to create another desktop?

Thanks for the tip. I'm embarassed I didn't think of it first! This is really the best solution until ManFriday puts the fix in.

• pandapenguingamespandapenguingames Posts: 13
    edited April 2019

alright, this tool looks very promising!

after doing some test runs I encountered the following:

• is there a way to re-queue a "Render aborted" scene in the queue list?​
      right now I have to remove/add the scene to get it listed as "Queued" again

• customize the restart batch file:
      I need a custom batch file to even start DAZ on my remotely connected renderbox. I tried making the MFRQ batch read-only with my custom script in it but then DAZ crashes with an "alert" sound and an error message popping up (but it closes too fast to read it)
      after restarting DAZ and looking at the queue, the next scene in queue ends up as "Render aborted" (due to the failed restart I guess).
      I think not re-creating the restart batch each time would solve this (check if it exists, if not, create it?)

• after a manual restart that "Render aborted" scene will still be processed and gets loaded. But then the tool gets stuck at step 2 forever.

I'm really looking forward to the frame rendering feature! 
    any plans so far to make that work together with rendering all cams in the scene?

PS: anyone working on remotely connected machines with DAZ will know that error popup from the attached image.... thats why I have a custom batch file to launch DAZ

Edit1:
    for reference.... the log holds nothing of value as far as I can tell 
    those are the last logged lines from the most recent crash right before restarting with a read-only locked batch file

2019-04-28 14:24:55.099 Finished Rendering2019-04-28 14:25:08.279 *** Scene Cleared ***2019-04-28 14:25:18.561 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Tcp shutdown called on a Tcp connection without a shutdown2019-04-28 14:25:18.868 Iray INFO - module:category(IRT:RENDER):   1.23  IRT    rend info : Shutting down irt render plugin.2019-04-28 14:25:19.359 *** Scene Cleared ***2019-04-28 14:25:19.484 DEBUG: End DAZ Studio to Hexagon Bridge log...2019-04-28 14:25:19.577 --------------- DAZ Studio 4.11.0.335 exited ------------------2019-04-28 14:25:19.577 ~

RDP_failure.PNG
    505 x 113 - 10K
    Post edited by pandapenguingames on
  • I have very high hopes for this plug in especially once the animation options are added.

Sadly for me I have the same issue as some others.

First scene renders as expected, second scene opens 2 copies of daz which slows things to a crawl if not leading to a crash. I was wondering if this was because I have bnoth 4.10 and 4.11 on my machine. Will dig further and advise any results I find. Other than that great work ManFriday, I wish you every success with this product.

• Hi!

I just did my first test run with this plugin and I'm really impressed! This has the potential to save me countless hours by letting my PC work whilst I sleep:-). There is one option I'd like to see added if that's possible. Can you make it so we can set the image resolution from the Render que menu? I tend to render my images at a lower resolution first and later render them at a higher resolution. If I could set the resolution from the menu, I wouldn't have to reload and save each scene manually with the new resolution.

Thanks for this wonderful plugin!

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

I have very high hopes for this plug in especially once the animation options are added.

Sadly for me I have the same issue as some others.

First scene renders as expected, second scene opens 2 copies of daz which slows things to a crawl if not leading to a crash. I was wondering if this was because I have bnoth 4.10 and 4.11 on my machine. Will dig further and advise any results I find. Other than that great work ManFriday, I wish you every success with this product.

Thank you for the kind words!

If you have those restart problems, can you make sure that DIM has installed the latest update (the Render Queue should report version 1.1.0 in its title bar)? And if so, could you test some of the options available from the "Options" button at the bottom left of the Render Queue window?

Thank you!

Hi!

I just did my first test run with this plugin and I'm really impressed! This has the potential to save me countless hours by letting my PC work whilst I sleep:-). There is one option I'd like to see added if that's possible. Can you make it so we can set the image resolution from the Render que menu? I tend to render my images at a lower resolution first and later render them at a higher resolution. If I could set the resolution from the menu, I wouldn't have to reload and save each scene manually with the new resolution.

Thanks for this wonderful plugin!

Thank you as well. I have received that suggestion multiple times, and I would be willing to add it to the next version, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that without messing up aspect ratio. For example, if the scene file would render at 1300 x 1000 and you specify an override of 200 x 100 then the outcome would be a different picture. Would it help if I added a single number as an optional override, and it would then scale down the larger of the two dimensions of the pictures and adjust the smaller one accordingly? Just an idea.

Thanks!

alright, this tool looks very promising!

after doing some test runs I encountered the following:

• is there a way to re-queue a "Render aborted" scene in the queue list?​
      right now I have to remove/add the scene to get it listed as "Queued" again

• customize the restart batch file:
      I need a custom batch file to even start DAZ on my remotely connected renderbox. I tried making the MFRQ batch read-only with my custom script in it but then DAZ crashes with an "alert" sound and an error message popping up (but it closes too fast to read it)
      after restarting DAZ and looking at the queue, the next scene in queue ends up as "Render aborted" (due to the failed restart I guess).
      I think not re-creating the restart batch each time would solve this (check if it exists, if not, create it?)

• after a manual restart that "Render aborted" scene will still be processed and gets loaded. But then the tool gets stuck at step 2 forever.

This isn't really documented anywhere, but the "Render aborted" state is treated exactly the same as "Queued", so there's no need to reset that state. Scenes receive that state if the Render Queue didn't make it to the "Rendering" state and got aborted beforehand for some reason. Just leave it as "Render aborted" and it will be rendered again the next time Daz Studio is started.

About the other problem, generally, the Render Queue really can't deal with error messages popping up, and there's very little I can do about that. I'll have a go at making the restart script editable, which would maybe also help with some of the restart issues another user is having.

ManFriday said:
    SamWM said:
    I find this plugin works fairly well, though have a few issues and a suggestion: When rendering a scene with multiple cameras, local camera dimensions don't seem to be used, only the one set in render settings. Shut down computer checkbox appears to clear itself when rendering multiple cameras and there is only one scene in the queue (I have not tried multiple scenes though). Maybe it should be possible to set 'shut down computer' before you start to render? I have version 1.1.0 (9th April)

I'll have to test this, give me a couple of days.

Sorry for the delay. I can confirm both problems, and both will be fixed in the next (second) update, which should be out soon. Thanks for the report!

• ManFriday said:

I'll have a go at making the restart script editable, which would maybe also help with some of the restart issues another user is having.

that would be really awesome already because it is the only thing preventing me from using your asset yes

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

I purchased this when released, but did not have the opportunity to give it a try until this weekend.  I have been watching this thread and have patched when an update has been announced.  I also, for my first time using it, went into the options and gave each area the full possible seconds (120/120/120/240) - hey, give it extra time and hope for the best. smiley

I put 7 scenes in the que before going to bed; fully realizing that it would be unlikely that the que would complete them all before I woke up.  When I returned to my pc this morning, I had 4 completed renders in the save folder, 4 copies of DS open, each with it's own copy of the render que and the render window, and a very, very slow responding pc.  With immense patience, I was able to close the 3 unnecessary instances of DS and ques.  The render in progress took exceptionally long, but when it finished, I stepped in and fully closed DS.  The 6th render completed smoothly.  The 7th, I cancelled.

Will changing the method to "Kill" instead of "Polite" work more efficiently?  I can't imagine what my pc will be like if I leave it rendering while I am gone all day for work.  It would easily double the time crawling through renders, that I put it through last night.

edited May 2019
    gitika1 said:

I purchased this when released, but did not have the opportunity to give it a try until this weekend.  I have been watching this thread and have patched when an update has been announced.  I also, for my first time using it, went into the options and gave each area the full possible seconds (120/120/120/240) - hey, give it extra time and hope for the best. smiley

I put 7 scenes in the que before going to bed; fully realizing that it would be unlikely that the que would complete them all before I woke up.  When I returned to my pc this morning, I had 4 completed renders in the save folder, 4 copies of DS open, each with it's own copy of the render que and the render window, and a very, very slow responding pc.  With immense patience, I was able to close the 3 unnecessary instances of DS and ques.  The render in progress took exceptionally long, but when it finished, I stepped in and fully closed DS.  The 6th render completed smoothly.  The 7th, I cancelled.

Will changing the method to "Kill" instead of "Polite" work more efficiently?  I can't imagine what my pc will be like if I leave it rendering while I am gone all day for work.  It would easily double the time crawling through renders, that I put it through last night.

Yes, please try out the kill option. :-)

Post edited by ManFriday on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

I don't know how or if you are collecting data, but just in case:

I forgot to switch the setting to "Kill" last night and set up the que with 12 renders, varying from several minutes to a bit longer than an hour.  Everything work as intended.  

So far, a que of renders around an hour or shorter - no issues; long renders averaging around 2 hours or more = multiple copies of DS running.

• keitarojpkeitarojp Posts: 0

Im currently using a different batch rendering tool but the ability to render multiple cameras in this one intrigued me. Id like to ask though - either the developer or someone who uses the script - if a choose to render multiple cameras in a scene, does it render all of them without reloading the scene? Becase right now i have to load a scene for each camera and with complex scenes the loading itself eats a huge amount of time.

• Please tell me exactly when it comes to rendering a single scene.
    I bought it because I knew it was an animation.
    It's gone

• Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 165

Is this not compatible with 4.11? Dissapeared when I updated and seems like I can't reinstall?

• finnwraae said:

Is this not compatible with 4.11? Dissapeared when I updated and seems like I can't reinstall?

Have you tried Window>Workspace>Update and Merge Menus? Is it still listed in Help>About Installed Plug-ins?

keitarojp said:

Im currently using a different batch rendering tool but the ability to render multiple cameras in this one intrigued me. Id like to ask though - either the developer or someone who uses the script - if a choose to render multiple cameras in a scene, does it render all of them without reloading the scene? Becase right now i have to load a scene for each camera and with complex scenes the loading itself eats a huge amount of time.

It will restart Daz Studio after every render. This is also true for the multiple cameras setting: after each render with one camera, it restarts Daz Studio. The assumption is that the Render Queue runs unattended and whether it takes a minute longer or not doesn't really matter. To ensure that the system doesn't run out of memory was given higher priority.

Please tell me exactly when it comes to rendering a single scene.
    I bought it because I knew it was an animation.
    It's gone

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but animations are not supported at this time. I might do that in the future but it will take a while.

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

Since the 4.11 release dropped I've been having a problem that I've isolated to only happening when I use RenderQueue to do my renders. The denoiser doesn't work. I've been using the RenderQueue and the denoiser together since the product came out, in the 4.11 public beta, without issue. Now the denoiser doesn't run no matter what settings I try and that is true of both 4.11 release and 4.11 public beta.

I am currently traveling on a two week holiday but I‘ll have a look at the reported issues when I return. 

• Hi,

Is this intended to work with d-force items? I just tried it with some d-force hair in the scene and the hair didn't render. It works when I do the render manually after simulating so perhaps it needs an option to run the simulation before rendering?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

Hi,

Is this intended to work with d-force items? I just tried it with some d-force hair in the scene and the hair didn't render. It works when I do the render manually after simulating so perhaps it needs an option to run the simulation before rendering?

Sim the hair, save and then render.

• OK, thanks. I thought I had but I'll try it again.

• Hmmm, saved the scene after simulate, tried again and it didn't work. Are there any settings that might need to be changed or should it "just work"? Thanks.

Since the 4.11 release dropped I've been having a problem that I've isolated to only happening when I use RenderQueue to do my renders. The denoiser doesn't work. I've been using the RenderQueue and the denoiser together since the product came out, in the 4.11 public beta, without issue. Now the denoiser doesn't run no matter what settings I try and that is true of both 4.11 release and 4.11 public beta.

Can you clarify what you mean when you say the denoiser doesn‘t run? I have tested that here and turned on the denoiser in the render settings, and it clearly kicks in regardless of whether I start a normal render or one using the Render Queue. A list of steps to reproduce would be helpful. 

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

I see the Bookmarks update has been submitted, have you submitted the update for this as well?

edited July 2019

I see the Bookmarks update has been submitted, have you submitted the update for this as well?

It’s next in line :-) sorry for the delays. 

Post edited by ManFriday on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Everbody deserves a vacation.

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Hi ManFriday, thanks for this excellent plugin!

I've read all the thread before asking you for another feature for your next just in case somebody had asked for it already

Minimizing the render queue UI is alredy asked for but there is another thing that will make me the most happiest person in life

I tend to render huge scenes that need more than one night rendereing and times for those seem to have increased with the 11 studio build

I found a way which I posted here in the forums time ago, to pause the render during the day, use my computer, even use it with other Daz Studio scenes and at night resume the render where it was.

Is basically an easy action, going to the temp file where the r.png is located, copy it to another "safe" folder. Not closing the render nor the DazStudio instance but minimizing it and working normally in your computer. If you open another DS instance the r file will be erased so you have to copy and paste it again to that temp folder before you resume the rendering next night in the rendering window.

Is there a way to pause the render queue?

With pause I mean instead of closing and saving the image, closing and leaving the DS instance open AND the render window open so I can resume it next night

Thanks again 

• I'd like to piggyback on the issue being experienced by Gazukull -- I am also getting multiple instances of Daz loading at a time, and it ends up killing my machine.  This is a great product overall, but for those of us who'd like to queue up more than two things at a time, this bug is a bit prohibitive.  Do you have any suggestions/solutions?