XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
edited April 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Key features:

• Only transfers morphs. All Skins need to be applied from source Material Presets.
  • Able to transfer Pose related files such as expressions as well.
  • Preserves Morph Rigging.
  • Transfers all related Correctives, Jcm's, Mcm's and supporting morphs and maintains links.
  • Maintains Slider Cards and Colors.

Merchant Resource Agreement:

• Morphs transferred via this product may be used for selling provided they are your own.
  • Morphs may be renamed to remove XT-Prefix on Morphs.
  • Morph Location may be taken out of XTransfer Folder Structure.

Here is the promo video of the product in action.

https://vimeo.com/373512974

The XTransfer teamyes

Version 1.3 is now LIVE.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037

Does it work cross gender?

Does it more than an more easy/comfortable usage of the morph transfer tool?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited August 2019

No cross gender at the moment. That is drafted as a possible module though. Focus for now is G3 to G8 then G8 to G3. Once we have that foundation we will look into cross gender and the viability of it.

Regards to ease of use, just choose morphs you want on g3, open script and hit transfer. It will do the rest.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Is this kind of like Riversoftarts character convertor that is coming out soon

Yes. The products aim to do the same thing but do it differently.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142
    Zev0 said:

Yes. The products aim to do the same thing but do it differently.

Then I shall probably get both since it never hurts to have alternatives :)  Looking forward to this.  

• RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 904

Is transfer of HD morphs supported?

edited July 2019

No..Only way that is possible is if the HD tools are distributed which is not allowed. If we find a way around it we will do it.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 904
    Zev0 said:

No..Only way that is possible is if the HD tools are distributed which is not allowed. If we find a way around it we will do it.

A shame DAZ does not create a limited version of the tools that can be called by the script API that only allow for transfer of existing HD morphs and not creating whole new HD morphs.  This would allow DAZ to continue to maintain their monopoly while allowing users to move their favorite HD characters to the newest generation.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037
    Zev0 said:

A shame DAZ does not create a limited version of the tools that can be called by the script API that only allow for transfer of existing HD morphs and not creating whole new HD morphs.  This would allow DAZ to continue to maintain their monopoly while allowing users to move their favorite HD characters to the newest generation.

+1

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,638
    gerster said:
    Zev0 said:

+1

+2

So, if I wanted to XTransfer EJ Head Morphs & Details to Genesis 3, I could just select them all, and the script would set them up for Genesis 3? Or would I have to go single morph by single morph?

edited July 2019
    Hi. Basically it will process any amount of morphs that have been favourited. So it can do it in batches.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Does it transfer JCMs and similar?

edited July 2019

Thanks, Zev0. Does "favourited" mean "selected," or does it refer to: The clicking of the heart icon on a parameter?

Post edited by xyer0 on
    edited July 2019
    nicstt said:

Does it transfer JCMs and similar?

Yes. Jcm's and all hidden properties and maintains links and functionality. (Unless a gremlin creeps up lol)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2019
    xyer0 said:

Thanks, Zev0. Does "favourited" mean "selected," or does it refer to: The clicking of the heart icon on a parameter?

Yes the heart icon. And If you want to favourite multiple morphs all at once, just go into edit mode, then hold shift and click on selection, right click and favourite selection. We didn't want the morph selection to be within a script. We found selecting morphs natively on the figure a better approach, since most users are used to finding morphs that way on their figures.

Post edited by Zev0 on

That is great news; guess you're getting more of my cash.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,958
    This is great. The more options the better
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,370
    Zev0 said:

No cross gender at the moment. That is drafted as a module possible module though. Focus for now is G3 to G8 then G8 to G3. Once we have that foundation we will look into cross gender and the viability of it.

Regards to ease of use, just choose morphs you want on g3, open script and hit transfer. It will do the rest.

Interesting, Zev. Will buy this and Riversoft's...

For cross gender (which I'm also interested in), could I use GenX to convert a G3F to a G3M morph, then convert that G3M morph to a G8F morph?

edited July 2019
    Zev0 said:

No cross gender at the moment. That is drafted as a module possible module though. Focus for now is G3 to G8 then G8 to G3. Once we have that foundation we will look into cross gender and the viability of it.

For cross gender (which I'm also interested in), could I use GenX to convert a G3F to a G3M morph, then convert that G3M morph to a G8F morph?

If your G3M morphs is on G3F base, then yes you can. The source\base genders of G3 and 8 just need to be the same.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,370
    Zev0 said:
    Zev0 said:

If your G3M morphs is on G3F base, then yes you can. The source\base genders of G3 and 8 just need to be the same.

Great! Sounds like an okay workaround until your (hopefully inevitable) cross-gender module. laugh

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Looking forward to seeing this! 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

This is a must have for me. I have had bad experiences with the other PAs converters and the fact this works on both male and female as opposed to the other one working only on female only makes this purchase a no brainer.

Thanks Zevo!!

I don't suppose there is a any idea of a timespan? Days, weeks or months?

Won't be months, thats for sure lol. But we will only release it once it has been tested to a stage where we are satisfied. Sorry that I cannot provide a better answer at this stage.

No worries; it's worth waiting for yours as it transfers helper morphs.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,873
    edited July 2019

What about Genesis1/2? You plan to add support for them too?
    I mean from Genesis1/2 to Genesis8 of course.

Post edited by Imago on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

Using Gen X, I did transfer lots of my M4 morphs to Genesis 1, but I wasn't happy with the results. Any chance you'll do a M4 to Gen 8 transfer product?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    Imago said:

What about Genesis1/2? You plan to add support for them too?
    I mean from Genesis1/2 to Genesis8 of course.

And don't forget Gen 4.  And Gen 3. I can do those to Genesis 3 using GenX2, but a straight one to one conversion is always preferable. 

Hi. For now the focus are the two current generations eg G3 and G8. After these versions are out we will look at the other options. We don't want to split our focus all over the place if that makes sense.