ManFriday's Render Queue (the old one from 2019) [Commercial]

Comments

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,370
    barbult said:

ManFriday, you may know this already, but Beta seems to open the files on Frame 0 / Perspective View in all cases. 

Maybe that is just Beta behavior, but I think it would make Render Queue unusable.

I'm using the Beta dll of the Render Queue in the DS 4.12.0.42 Beta. It is rendering the single camera correctly and also multiple cameras correctly. 

Interesting. When you open a file, does it open it as I described?

(i.e. Frame 0, Perspective View?)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    barbult said:

ManFriday, you may know this already, but Beta seems to open the files on Frame 0 / Perspective View in all cases. 

Maybe that is just Beta behavior, but I think it would make Render Queue unusable.

I'm using the Beta dll of the Render Queue in the DS 4.12.0.42 Beta. It is rendering the single camera correctly and also multiple cameras correctly. 

Please clarify what you mean by "when you open a file". Do you mean when the Render Queue opens a scene to render it? Was that scene saved with the Perspective view as the active view? Does the scene have any cameras in it? You say Frame 0; are you trying to render animation with the Render Queue (not supported, I think), or are you trying to render the last frame after dForce, for example?

• barbult said:
    barbult said:

Please clarify what you mean by "when you open a file". Do you mean when the Render Queue opens a scene to render it? Was that scene saved with the Perspective view as the active view? Does the scene have any cameras in it? You say Frame 0; are you trying to render animation with the Render Queue (not supported, I think), or are you trying to render the last frame after dForce, for example?

I think when the scene is loaded in DS, as when a scene is saved and closed in Perspective View, it will open that way instead of the camera. Also, if the timeline is used and the scene is saved and close at frame 30, the scene should open at frame 30.

barbult said:
    barbult said:

When I open a file with the latest Beta, it doesn't matter if I saved while looking through (for example) Camera 1 on Frame 30. It opens in Perspective View on Frame 0.

When I open a file with 4.11, it opens where on the timeline I saved the scene, and through the camera I was looking through while saving the scene.

And, yes, I'm trying to render the last frame after dForce.

Thanks!

I tried an experiment with the beta Render Queue DLL and DS 4.12.0.42:

1. I created a scene with animated dForce simulation of 30 frames. I have one camera in my scene (Default Camera is its name). I saved the scene with the Perspective View active and the simulation on frame 30.
    2. I added the scene to the render queue with the setting to render just the Single View. Render Queue opened that scene showing the current Perspective View (not the Perspective View that was used when I saved the saved scene, because Perspective View parameters are not saved in a scene file). The file opened with the frame counter set to 30, and the dForce effect of frame 30 was visible in the viewport. The Perspective View that I saw in the viewport was renedered. The file was named with "_Perspective View" on the end. This is what I would expect. I think Render Queue worked properly.
    3. I cleared the Render Queue and added the scene to the render queue with the camera setting to All Visible. Render Queue opened that scene showing the current Perspective View (not the Perspective View that was used when I saved the saved scene, because Perspective View parameters are not saved in a scene file). The file opened with the frame counter set to 30, and the dForce effect of frame 30 was visible in the viewport. The Default Camera view at frame 30 was renedered. Default Camera is the only "real" camera in the scene. The image file was named with "_Default Camera" on the end. This is what I would expect. I think Render Queue worked properly.
    barbult said:

1. I created a scene with animated dForce simulation of 30 frames. I have one camera in my scene (Default Camera is its name). I saved the scene with the Perspective View active and the simulation on frame 30.
    2. I added the scene to the render queue with the setting to render just the Single View. Render Queue opened that scene showing the current Perspective View (not the Perspective View that was used when I saved the saved scene, because Perspective View parameters are not saved in a scene file). The file opened with the frame counter set to 30, and the dForce effect of frame 30 was visible in the viewport. The Perspective View that I saw in the viewport was renedered. The file was named with "_Perspective View" on the end. This is what I would expect. I think Render Queue worked properly.
    3. I cleared the Render Queue and added the scene to the render queue with the camera setting to All Visible. Render Queue opened that scene showing the current Perspective View (not the Perspective View that was used when I saved the saved scene, because Perspective View parameters are not saved in a scene file). The file opened with the frame counter set to 30, and the dForce effect of frame 30 was visible in the viewport. The Default Camera view at frame 30 was renedered. Default Camera is the only "real" camera in the scene. The image file was named with "_Default Camera" on the end. This is what I would expect. I think Render Queue worked properly.

Thanks for the experiment, Barbult. 

Does the Beta act this way for your (i.e. open on frame 30) when simply opening the scene? Because it doesn't for me.

barbult said:
    barbult said:

When I open a file with the latest Beta, it doesn't matter if I saved while looking through (for example) Camera 1 on Frame 30. It opens in Perspective View on Frame 0.

When I open a file with 4.11, it opens where on the timeline I saved the scene, and through the camera I was looking through while saving the scene.

And, yes, I'm trying to render the last frame after dForce.

Thanks!

Ah, so you didn't save the scene in Perspective View.
    I did a new experiment with the beta Render Queue DLL and DS 4.12.0.42:

1. I used the scene I created above, with animated dForce simulation of 30 frames and one camera in my scene (Default Camera is its name). I saved the scene with the Default Camera active and the simulation on frame 30.
    2. I added the scene to the render queue with the setting to render just the Single View. Render Queue opened that scene showing the Default Camera view at frame 30. The file opened with the frame counter set to 30, and the dForce effect of frame 30 was visible in the viewport. The Default Camera view that I saw in the viewport was renedered. The file was named with "_Default Camera" on the end. This is what I would expect. I think Render Queue worked properly.

​So, I am not seeing the same problem you see. Are you using the beta Render Queue DLL like I am?

edited August 2019
    barbult said:

Does the Beta act this way for your (i.e. open on frame 30) when simply opening the scene? Because it doesn't for me.

We keep cross posting. It makes it a little harder to follow the conversation. Whether I open a scene from the File/Open menu, or whether Render Queue opens a scene, it opens correctly to the right camera and the right frame. 

I have heard complaints of dForce hair simulation being lost when reopening a saved scene in DS 4.12 beta. Are you using dForce hair in your scene? (I am not.)

Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

We keep cross posting. It makes it a little harder to follow the conversation. Whether I open a scene from the File/Open menu, or whether Render Queue opens a scene, it opens correctly to the right camera and the right frame. 

I have heard complaints of dForce hair simulation being lost when reopening a saved scene in DS 4.12 beta. Are you using dForce hair in your scene? (I am not.)

Odd. No, I'm not using dForce hair. 

However, I am opening 4.12 first (the program), then selecting "Open Scene" from the file menu.

The reason I'm doing this is because 4.11 is my default program.

edited August 2019
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Odd. No, I'm not using dForce hair. 

However, I am opening 4.12 first (the program), then selecting "Open Scene" from the file menu.

The reason I'm doing this is because 4.11 is my default program.

That scenario works fine for me. Create a simple scene with a primitive or two and your frame counter non-zero and using camera. Post it here and I will try it.

Edit: are there any errors in your log file related to this?

Oddly enough, I'm now unable to replicate the behavior!

Perhaps I'm just losing my mind, LOL. Regardless, thank you for the assistance, barbultlaugh

Oddly enough, I'm now unable to replicate the behavior!

Perhaps I'm just losing my mind, LOL. Regardless, thank you for the assistance, barbultlaugh

yes Magic is wonderful! Glad it is fixed.

• flylupusflylupus Posts: 29

Hello, I actualy use render-queue. I need to do mass rework, is there a wait tu add quickly daz file to the queue? like a script? like a file .ini ? if possible, can you tell how?

Seconde question, is there a way to force rendering setting at the load file ?

Thanks ManFriday for this plugin, it's really usefull.

The Beta dll is now expired. What is the status of getting the improvements released into the store?

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

Apologies for the delays, been very busy programming new plugins!

BETA VERSION 2 FOR UPDATE 2 (version 1.2.2)

I have uploaded a new beta 2 (version 1.2.2) to the same URL at https://mega.nz/#F!rj4AlC7a!qvLCXlIoMMERNvaqbfoveg .

Changes since beta 1, which had expired:

• Renamed the per-scene "Camera" button and dialog to "Scene options" and added an option for "Force strand-based hair". This option now triggers the workaround for strand-based hair and dForce hair mentioned in the earlier beta (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4764231/#Comment_4764231). In other words, the workaround is now optional and disabled by default; it has to be enabled for each individual scene. The workaround itself (if enabled) has not changed.
    • Fixed the last-minute regression with the "Keep this window on top" checkbox reported by barbult.

Known problems:

• Have not yet tested barbult's observation that using a JPG instead of a PNG does not stick.

Apologies to pandapenguingames, I'm not going to add any more options about the custom restart script at this time.

Apologies also to Gogger, I haven't done anything about LAMH. As was noted before, even if I had the plugin, which you kindly offered to buy me, I wouldn't be able to invoke its functionality for growing the hair. I might bump into the author some time and ask him if something can be done about that but please don't expect a solution soon.

Again, the new DLL is time-bombed and will stop working in two weeks from today. This is beta code. It hasn't gone through Daz testing. So please make a copy of the old file (or do a reinstall via DIM to go back to the original version).

Thank you all for testing, and if I receive no reports about catastrophic failures, I'm going to finally push this update to Daz!

I am using Beta version 1.2.2 (built 2019-08-12) with Daz Studio 4.12.0.47

dForce hair will still not render for me with the Render Queue. I checked the box to Force strand-based hair. It doesn't matter whether I have Preview PR Hairs On or Off in my saved scene. I am testing with the Daz House Cat hair and Foreground Blends grass. Render Queue renders the cat without hair and no grass. Strand-Based hair still renders OK for me with the Render Queue, but dForce Hair does not.

You commented about "Have not yet tested barbult's observation that using a JPG instead of a PNG does not stick." What I meant by that is that when I choose JPG for one scene, Render Queue doesn't remember that JPG is my preferred file type. It remembers it for THAT scene in the queue, but it does not default to JPG for any additional scene I add. I have to manually change to JPG every time I add a scene to the queue. I would prefer to be able to specify JPG as my default type and have Render Queue default to JPG instead of PNG each time I add a scene to the queue.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,116

Hi Man's Friday, your Render Queue product is top notch, I've purchased it and I'd do it again! :)

Still, there are some improvements I think are needed:

• I don't want the software window to be on top all the time. I like to use my PC in the meanwhile, and I have to move that window to another desktop each time, because it comes back.
    • The most frequent bug is that it renders from the viewport, even if the scene has a camera.
    • I'd like to choose the name used when it saves the render. Sometimes I render without the software, and I have my name system that doesn't include "_Camera".
    • With "Batch Render", when I stop the queue, it doesn't restart with Daz the next time I open it. I do this all the time, because I prepare a bunch of scene, but I just let my PC render while I'm eating or something like that, so it almost never has the chance to render the whole queue.

Thank you and keep up the great work! :D

LenioTG said:

Hi Man's Friday, your Render Queue product is top notch, I've purchased it and I'd do it again! :)

Still, there are some improvements I think are needed:

• I don't want the software window to be on top all the time. I like to use my PC in the meanwhile, and I have to move that window to another desktop each time, because it comes back.

That is already optional in the beta and will be fixed in the next release.

LenioTG said:
    • The most frequent bug is that it renders from the viewport, even if the scene has a camera.

In single-camera mode, it renders the view that the scene was saved with. IIRC the Batch Render script does it the same way.

LenioTG said:
    • I'd like to choose the name used when it saves the render. Sometimes I render without the software, and I have my name system that doesn't include "_Camera".

You can already choose the name by selecting a scene in the dialog and pressing the "Set target" button. At this time the camera name will always be appended, but the next version will have an option to turn that off for single-camera mode.

LenioTG said:
    • With "Batch Render", when I stop the queue, it doesn't restart with Daz the next time I open it. I do this all the time, because I prepare a bunch of scene, but I just let my PC render while I'm eating or something like that, so it almost never has the chance to render the whole queue.

Well, Batch Render never restarted Daz Studio, which is the very reason I wrote this plugin. So on startup the Render Queue needs to process whatever is left in the queue, or else that doesn't work. I should probably change that behavior so that the queue is only processed if the Render Queue restarted Daz Studio, not when it has been started manually.

LenioTG said:

Thank you and keep up the great work! :D

I'm glad you like it, and thank you for the feedback!

BETA VERSION 3 FOR UPDATE 2 (version 1.2.3)

I have uploaded a new beta 3 (version 1.2.3) to the same URL at https://mega.nz/#F!rj4AlC7a!qvLCXlIoMMERNvaqbfoveg .

The folder contains only the DLL, which you should copy to your \Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\plugins directory (or wherever your Daz Studio is installed). The directory should have an existing DLL file of the same name.

Repeating the important notes:

1. Please make a copy of the old DLL before copying the new one over it.
    2. You will probably need Windows administrator permissions to replace the DLL.
    3. The new DLL is time-bombed and will stop working two weeks from today to make sure I don't get bug reports for it two years from now. The title bar of any dialog window showed by the plugin will have a "TEST" marker in the version display. When the DLL stops working, please copy back your backup, or reinstall the product via DIM.
    4. This is beta code. It hasn't gone through Daz testing.
    5. The DLL is for 64-bit Windows only.

Changes since beta 2:

• Add an option to the “Scene options” dialog to make appending the camera name optional for single-camera mode.

• Force a “line tessellation sides” of at least 2 on the scene when the workaround for strand-based hair is enabled (previously the “render line tessellation sides” setting was used, which is often 1 by default, which results in no hair being generated).

• Reuse last extension for target image file (JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP) when adding new scene to queue.

• Fix scene options getting lost sometimes when using “Move up” and “Move down” buttons in queue dialog.

• Add a “Defer” button to temporarily suspend a scene queue item from being processed; can be reactivated by pressing the “Reset” button.

• Only bring up the Render Queue controller window on Daz Studio startup if the startup was initiated by the Render Queue (previously it was always brought up if there were items in the queue) (for @LenioTG)

Any feedback is much appreciated. This finally completes the list of items I wanted to implement, so if I don't hear of any new desasters, I will finally push this update to Daz.

Thank you all for the support!

barbult said:

I am using Beta version 1.2.2 (built 2019-08-12) with Daz Studio 4.12.0.47

dForce hair will still not render for me with the Render Queue. I checked the box to Force strand-based hair. It doesn't matter whether I have Preview PR Hairs On or Off in my saved scene. I am testing with the Daz House Cat hair and Foreground Blends grass. Render Queue renders the cat without hair and no grass. Strand-Based hair still renders OK for me with the Render Queue, but dForce Hair does not.

You commented about "Have not yet tested barbult's observation that using a JPG instead of a PNG does not stick." What I meant by that is that when I choose JPG for one scene, Render Queue doesn't remember that JPG is my preferred file type. It remembers it for THAT scene in the queue, but it does not default to JPG for any additional scene I add. I have to manually change to JPG every time I add a scene to the queue. I would prefer to be able to specify JPG as my default type and have Render Queue default to JPG instead of PNG each time I add a scene to the queue.

Could I test your patience once more by asking you to try the new beta? I'm hoping both issues could be fixed now. Regarding the hair, I'm now enforcing a line tessellation setting of at least 2 if the workaround checkbox is enabled and strand-based hair is found in the scene. This worked for me on a couple of scenes I tried.

Thank you!

I will test the new beta today.
    edited August 2019

I am testing version 1.2.3 (built 2019-08-14) ---TEST!--- with Daz Studio 4.12.0.47

Uh Oh! I loaded one scene and clicked the Defer button and Daz Studio crashed. This is what I did:

1. I opened Render Queue from the Render menu
    2. I clicked the Clear all button to clear the results of the queue I ran overnight (with Beta 2)
    3. I added one simple scene (just Kala 8 figure) with the Add scene file button
    4. The Scene Options dialog opened automatically. I just clicked OK without changing any settings.
    5. I clicked Defer. 
    6. Daz Studio crashed

This scenario is repeatable with other scenes, too.

I just noticed something else. When the scene options dialog opens automatically when I load a scene, it is defaulted to Single View and Append camera name checked. Force strand-based hair is NOT checked. If I click OK, to close the dialog, the Options column shows Single camera view (append name). But if Save and Close the queue, next time I run Render Queue, the Options column shows Single camera view, force strand-based hair. It should be append name, not force strand-based hair. I think your checkbox enumeration is wrong someplace in the code.

Edit again: I cleared the queue and added the Kala 8 scene again. I started the queue. The render was saved WITHOUT the camera name, even though append camera name box had been checked in options and was shown in the Options column at the time I started the queue.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,116
    ManFriday said:

BETA VERSION 3 FOR UPDATE 2 (version 1.2.3)

I have uploaded a new beta 3 (version 1.2.3) to the same URL at https://mega.nz/#F!rj4AlC7a!qvLCXlIoMMERNvaqbfoveg .

The folder contains only the DLL, which you should copy to your \Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\plugins directory (or wherever your Daz Studio is installed). The directory should have an existing DLL file of the same name.

Repeating the important notes:

1. Please make a copy of the old DLL before copying the new one over it.
    2. You will probably need Windows administrator permissions to replace the DLL.
    3. The new DLL is time-bombed and will stop working two weeks from today to make sure I don't get bug reports for it two years from now. The title bar of any dialog window showed by the plugin will have a "TEST" marker in the version display. When the DLL stops working, please copy back your backup, or reinstall the product via DIM.
    4. This is beta code. It hasn't gone through Daz testing.
    5. The DLL is for 64-bit Windows only.

Changes since beta 2:

• Add an option to the “Scene options” dialog to make appending the camera name optional for single-camera mode.

• Force a “line tessellation sides” of at least 2 on the scene when the workaround for strand-based hair is enabled (previously the “render line tessellation sides” setting was used, which is often 1 by default, which results in no hair being generated).

• Reuse last extension for target image file (JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP) when adding new scene to queue.

• Fix scene options getting lost sometimes when using “Move up” and “Move down” buttons in queue dialog.

• Add a “Defer” button to temporarily suspend a scene queue item from being processed; can be reactivated by pressing the “Reset” button.

• Only bring up the Render Queue controller window on Daz Studio startup if the startup was initiated by the Render Queue (previously it was always brought up if there were items in the queue) (for @LenioTG)

Any feedback is much appreciated. This finally completes the list of items I wanted to implement, so if I don't hear of any new desasters, I will finally push this update to Daz.

Thank you all for the support!

Great, nice to hear this! :D

I'm going to wait for the final version! I spent something like 10 minutes to install the product last time, and I don't want to mess it up. Plus, if it expires in 2 weeks, I don't want to continuously download betas!

Thank you and have a great day :D

I've done another round to fix the two issues that Barbult reported, and she said they're fixed now. So I'll finally push the update to Daz today.

Thank you all for testing!

• @ManFriday

I'm loving this product so much and it helps a lot in my work.

I'm wondering if you're still working on making animations work in the render queue and when to expect support for that.

• @ManFriday - wonderful script, a real time saver, thanks.

Question for all, not a problem with this script I don't think, but a problem that very much affects its usage! Try as I might, I cannot find a way to have render settings saved with a scene. This is causing major issues, I have a dark scene that I have a specific rendering setup for (exposure settings etc.) and multiple cameras to be batch rendered. Sadly, each time the script restarts Daz the default render settings are loaded and my renders are too dark. Very frustrating.

Not a 'Render Queue' script issue, but this is likely to be something that others have had a problem with whilst batch rendering so I hoped this may be OK to ask here. Can't find anything elsewhere to suggest there is a way to be able to save the render settings with the scene file, though it seems totally crazy to me to not be able to do so in Daz Studio! :-(

Many thanks...

• @ManFriday - wonderful script, a real time saver, thanks.

Question for all, not a problem with this script I don't think, but a problem that very much affects its usage! Try as I might, I cannot find a way to have render settings saved with a scene. This is causing major issues, I have a dark scene that I have a specific rendering setup for (exposure settings etc.) and multiple cameras to be batch rendered. Sadly, each time the script restarts Daz the default render settings are loaded and my renders are too dark. Very frustrating.

Not a 'Render Queue' script issue, but this is likely to be something that others have had a problem with whilst batch rendering so I hoped this may be OK to ask here. Can't find anything elsewhere to suggest there is a way to be able to save the render settings with the scene file, though it seems totally crazy to me to not be able to do so in Daz Studio! :-(

Many thanks...

Scratch that, I didn't realise that saving as a scene subset does not save the render settings, vs saving as a scene does! Always learning eh :-)

@ManFriday

I'm loving this product so much and it helps a lot in my work.

I'm wondering if you're still working on making animations work in the render queue and when to expect support for that.

It's on my list of things to do, but I can't give you a date. Won't be next week and probably not next month either. :-)

• ManFriday said:
    It's on my list of things to do, but I can't give you a date. Won't be next week and probably not next month either. :-)

2020 then angel

• ManFriday said:

I've done another round to fix the two issues that Barbult reported, and she said they're fixed now. So I'll finally push the update to Daz today.

Thank you all for testing!

Hi. Did version 1.2.x get made live? I just dowloaded from Daz and installed and it appears to be version 1.1.0. Many thanks.