Centuar 8 (Male) Keeps crashing?

The only new product I installed is Centaur 8 for Genesis 8 males. The program works perfectly fine until I attempt to add the Centaur form to my figure--then DAZ IMMEDIATELY closes. No warning. No crash message. It just fails immediately and closes. If I manage to get it to work on a figure, when I save it and open the program back up later, the save file will attempt to open and while it is trying, it suddenly stops and, again, closes immediately with no warning. I have no error logs on my computer. There are no "Not Responding" messages. It just keeps. Closing.

I tried to use the figure on a plain, basic model Genesis 8 Male with no morphs--same thing. Literally no other product I have is doing this. JUST the Centaur one.

What is going on? I was REALLY excited about being able to use this???

Comments

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932

Not much help, but it works fine over here. No crashes or issues. Here is Mervin with horse body. Its a bit of an extreme morph so it looks a bit odd but no technical issues.

Maybe try a re-install? How did you install? I always install manually.

Ciao

TD

Weired Centaur.png
    1500 x 1000 - 1M
  • Which version of DS - Help>About Daz Studio?

• Raiden1423 said:

The only new product I installed is Centaur 8 for Genesis 8 males. The program works perfectly fine until I attempt to add the Centaur form to my figure--then DAZ IMMEDIATELY closes. No warning. No crash message. It just fails immediately and closes. If I manage to get it to work on a figure, when I save it and open the program back up later, the save file will attempt to open and while it is trying, it suddenly stops and, again, closes immediately with no warning. I have no error logs on my computer. There are no "Not Responding" messages. It just keeps. Closing.

I tried to use the figure on a plain, basic model Genesis 8 Male with no morphs--same thing. Literally no other product I have is doing this. JUST the Centaur one.

I'm having the same issues. I've had the centaur add-on for ages but haven't used it in a long time. Using 4.16 and same issue, crashes. tried loading it on plain genesis 8 and it's fine but loading it on an existing character is crashing (just the bug report screen comes up). Also tried moving it from gen 8 plain figure to my character then saving and same thing, when loading the saved file, crash. Probably something to do with morphs causing it (I'm using some of the SWOLE products). 

• incubusgame said:

Raiden1423 said:

I'm having the same issues. I've had the centaur add-on for ages but haven't used it in a long time. Using 4.16 and same issue, crashes. tried loading it on plain genesis 8 and it's fine but loading it on an existing character is crashing (just the bug report screen comes up). Also tried moving it from gen 8 plain figure to my character then saving and same thing, when loading the saved file, crash. Probably something to do with morphs causing it (I'm using some of the SWOLE products). 

I believe I found a fix, after spending about 3 hours on it :P

I started with a default genesis 8 male, added the centaur additive. Then merged in my file for the character I wanted to apply it to (who had all his morphs, hair, etc. on him). Copied all the textures from the surfaces pane to the gen 8 figure. Moved all the hair, etc. over. Then applied the morphs to the gen 8 figure.

I guess the centaur additive doesn't like being applied last, but I'm glad this worked :) (I saved the file, reloaded it, no crashing).

Good luck to anyone else who runs into this issue!