Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

This discussion was created from comments split from: Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10.

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited September 2019

Wonderful abstract, Mermaid. Even if the set-up might be simple, the effect is very complex and beautiful.

Horo: Very nice effect, beautiful result, but rather spectacular increase in used memory!

OK, my new render is a landscape. It is based on a picture of Lake Atorno (opening screen on Windows 10). I did not get exactly the same result, but I like it. There are only four different trees, but lots of instancues. Some grass items as well. This was one of my first attempts to actually use the 'geografting' that David Brinnen explains in a tutorial. I had seen that tutorial before, but never actually tried to use the methods, I usually simply use new fractals to try to get something nice. How long can you use a tool before actually starting to do some useful that you should have known ?

I used part of Rashad Carters lights and premium render, but it took days! Must be because of all those leaves and the reflection. Should have tried another set-up, but once it was going, I just let it go.

lake atorno mountain8.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Thanks Hansmar, your render is beautiful like a painting.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

A balmy walk across the beach, Hansmar, is all that I can think of...super.

Jay

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Hansmar - thank you. Beautiful scene, like a painting as mermaid said.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Hansmar : Very beautiful scene !

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited September 2019

Mermaid, Jay, Horo, adbc: Thanks. Personally, I would have wanted a little more differentiation in haze from front to back. But the render took so long, I decided to let it render out first.

Rashad Carter made a remark about the light in my 'love' render of mother and baby. And he was right, it was a bit flat. So, I redid it. Used some of his indoor lighting rig and, importantly, removed the haze from the atmosphere.

Here is the new version.

mother_baby2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - much better, also less haze.

Hansmar - cool re-render, nice lighting.

Hansmar : Indeed, much better.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited September 2019
    Hansmar said:

Here is the new version.

Nice! I was *ok* with haze (got used to instagram? ha-ha), but cool to see improved lighting.

-

So... i was following David Brinnen's "Importance of Lighting" videos, while attempting to make similar scenes.

This one during IoL pt.2. Regular renderer.

And this one during IoL pt.2B. I edited my landscapes a bit so they don't look as weird, but maybe material choice isn't logical fit here. Also my first TA.

What looks better in your opinion?

Post edited by akmerlow on
    edited September 2019

akmerlow - good work on the lighting. The material used on the first render fits better than the material on the second.

The self geocraftet terrain as used for the challenge but double as high, from another angle, with other materials and under another sky. And the anaglyph.

Mazy land

Mazy Land Anaglyph

MazyLand.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 202K
    MazyLandAna.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 247K
    Post edited by Horo on

akmerlow : I agree with Horo : the 1st one.

Horo : beautiful render and anaglyph.

adbc - thank you.

edited September 2019

akmerlow - nice experiments with lighting. I also agree with Horo the material for the 1st render is better.

Horo - another fantastic render; perfect lighting and materials. The anaglyph is so cool.

An Abstract of tori and spheres using the GasClouds and flames Hdri from https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/shop/bryce-7-1-pro-exotic-hdri-for-fantasy-skies-and-sci-fi-1/

tori-repl-gascloudsnflames.jpg
    600 x 600 - 445K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

@mermaid, very nice render :)

mermaid - thank you. Your abstract looks great. Excellent lighting. I see a face.

Horo, adbc, mermaid010:
    Thank you for feedback.

Horo:
    Interesting location. Maybe ancient people used that valley on the left for rituals or sports.

mermaid010:
    Tasty abstract, i think it's caramel!

Thanks Tim, Horo and Akmerlow for your nice comments.

akmerlow - thank you.

mermaid : Great abstract.

edited September 2019

I like the second one, Akmerlow...and the lighting investigations paid off.

Great depth, Horo, in the anaglyph (I do hope others have investigated in the 3d glasses by now, as they are missing out in works like this).

This reminds me, Mermaid, of one of the Harry Potter movies, where when each object touch another, it would then produce another, and another, and...(here at 0.50 sec in this YouTube vid).

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on

Thanks, Jamahoney.

You prove once again that each author and each spectator have their own vision and world outlook.

edited September 2019

Jay - thank you. Indeed, those without the 3D-goggles don't know what they miss.

The same geocraftet terrain as above but the camera is looking from the other side up the valley and another material was used. Lit by an HDRI I made a few weeks ago. The Bryce sun is at the same position as the (hardly) visible one in the HDRI and has negative diffuse. This makes the bright light from the HDRI sun weaker (dynamic range 28,000:1) and there's more ambient light coming from the HDRI.

Blinding

Blinding.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 90K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : beautiful scene, I like the atmosphere that is kind of mystic.

edited September 2019

Gorgeous, Horo...it looks so natural. Meanwhile, my old boat has inspired renders...entititled 'Amongst the Bines'...and 'NightTime'

AmongstTheTurbines.jpg
    1200 x 578 - 787K

edited September 2019

Night Time

NightTime.jpg
    880 x 816 - 751K

adbc - thank you.

Jay - thank you. Boats look great. The one at the wind turbines will have to navigate carefully, the night scene also looks good, the water is awesome.

edited September 2019

Cheers, Horo...the 'bines are truly extraordinary, but give me a quite cove any time; with, shamelessly, a hint of a Chardonnay glass at hand...hic  wink

Jay

This discussion has been closed.