[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female - Conv JCMs too[Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
edited September 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Convert your favorite Genesis 8 Female characters to Genesis 3 Female characters! The Character Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female transfers the morphs from the awesome Genesis 8 characters to Genesis 3. The Character Converter scripts provide easy batch execution for automatically converting your Genesis 8 Female Character to a Genesis 3 Female Character in your library. Even better, icons, categories, and the default materials are copied from your original Genesis 8 Female to the new Genesis 3 Female.

The Character Converter scripts outputs are also a merchant resource! If you own the original Genesis 8 morphs, you retain the rights to the converted Genesis 3 morphs to do as you wish.

The Character Converter script is extremely simple to use. Just select the characters to convert and click execute! There is also a Convert Custom Character script which will copy a Genesis 8 Female character in the scene, with all currently used morphs and corrective morphs, to a Genesis 3 Female character (no character preset is created and no materials are copied).

The Character Converter script cannot properly convert all Genesis 8 Female characters. Characters with extreme morphs may have problems, especially around the eyes.  Multi-part characters (e.g., a character that loads a figure and separate horns) cannot be converted. Material presets are also not converted. Default materials copied to your new Genesis 3 characters may have ugly seams and/or misaligned features due to the different UV layout. Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content. They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button.

Tutorial on Character Converter Products

Features

• Convert Genesis 8 Characters to Genesis 3 Characters, including corrective (e.g., JCMs) morphs!
  • Mix morphs in your scene to create entirely new characters and then convert them to new Genesis 3 characters
  • Copies icons from the Genesis 8 Character to the Genesis 3 Character for a professional look
  • Copy the default materials loaded with the Genesis 8 Characters to the Genesis 3 Characters
  • Automatically convert almost your entire library of Characters with one operation!
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• Super, now take my money

• Great ! Insta buy for me ! I still use Gen3, since I very much prefer her facial expressions, but Gen8 has some really beautiful characters I will be glad to add to the casting.

• jedijudd said:

Super, now take my money

laugh  I am glad you are looking forward to it!

• GreyFaun said:

Great ! Insta buy for me ! I still use Gen3, since I very much prefer her facial expressions, but Gen8 has some really beautiful characters I will be glad to add to the casting.

I am happy to hear that.  That is why I created the product.

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,606

Love it!

I convert all the time, I'm sure your version will be much smoother!!

• Lyoness said:

Love it!

I convert all the time, I'm sure your version will be much smoother!!

Oh great!  I hope it is.  If there is anything you need, please just ask.

• And it is released!

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Yay! Just threw it in the cart! Hope it does well enough to justify a male counterpart. :)

• Odaa said:

Yay! Just threw it in the cart! Hope it does well enough to justify a male counterpart. :)

Thank you for your support.  I will probably do a male one no matter what (I hate leaving products "unbalanced"), though sales have not been as good as I hoped so far (1/4 the sales of the G3F to G8F one, and then males usually do 1/4 to 1/3 of the females).

• Gr00vusGr00vus Posts: 366

Does it convert HD morphs also?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Eh? JCM/MCM conversion too? When did this happen with the previous versions?

• Gr00vus said:

HD morphs become regular morphs unfortunately.  So they are converted, but just not converted as HD.

• xyer0 said:

Eh? JCM/MCM conversion too? When did this happen with the previous versions?

The updated scripts went live in the store on Sept 9th.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639
    edited September 2019
    Gr00vus said:

HD morphs become regular morphs unfortunately.  So they are converted, but just not converted as HD.

Will increasing the converted HD morph's intensity (dial number) result in something like HD?

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • xyer0 said:
    Gr00vus said:

Will increasing the converted HD morph's intensity (dial number) result in something like HD?

If I understand your question, you mean dialling the morph into 100%?  No, that will not make it HD.  That number controls how much the morph, which is not HD, contributes to the shape.

• Gr00vusGr00vus Posts: 366

Thanks for the honest response.  

Gr00vus said:

• Gr00vus said:

Thanks for the honest response.  

Gr00vus said:

You're welcome!  I would rather you know what you are getting.  smiley

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,527
    Odaa said:

Thank you for your support.  I will probably do a male one no matter what (I hate leaving products "unbalanced"), though sales have not been as good as I hoped so far (1/4 the sales of the G3F to G8F one, and then males usually do 1/4 to 1/3 of the females).

That is strange. There are a lot of talk on the forums about how much people prefer Genesis 3 over Genesis 8.

• Artini said:
    Odaa said:

That is strange. There are a lot of talk on the forums about how much people prefer Genesis 3 over Genesis 8.

You never can tell.  It could also be that there are more people who prefer G3 over G8, but among people who buy products more who prefer G8 over G3.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    Artini said:
    Odaa said:

Threads in the forums are not really representing the actual buying patterns of the customers, if only because forums members are only a small fraction of the actual customers.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited September 2019

First successful test: the recent "free with purchase" Rita character.

Also tested: Kanade 8 (standard eye distortion issues, going to make a third pass at it because I think I might not have gotten the tolerances correct using the Legacy method), and Adria (face okayish, but weird noodle biceps pointing to something weird in the original character's rigging.)

The really brilliant part of this script that I hadn't realized before buying it is the conversion of the character textures. This is the most brutally time-consuming part of back-converting G8 characters, but once you have those set up on a G3 (as the primary conversion method does) you can save it as a materials preset and then, usually, successfully apply makeup presets or alternate skin from the G8 character to G3. It's probably earned its keep just for doing that for Adria and Rita. Thank you so much!

RitaJunglePrincess.jpg
    2000 x 1290 - 809K
    Post edited by Odaa on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited September 2019
    Odaa said:

First successful test: the recent "free with purchase" Rita character.

Also tested: Kanade 8 (standard eye distortion issues, going to make a third pass at it because I think I might not have gotten the tolerances correct using the Legacy method), and Adria (face okayish, but weird noodle biceps pointing to something weird in the original character's rigging.)

The really brilliant part of this script that I hadn't realized before buying it is the conversion of the character textures. This is the most brutally time-consuming part of back-converting G8 characters, but once you have those set up on a G3 (as the primary conversion method does) you can save it as a materials preset and then, usually, successfully apply makeup presets or alternate skin from the G8 character to G3. It's probably earned its keep just for doing that for Adria and Rita. Thank you so much!

You're welcome!  Thank you for sharing.

The G8 to G3 direction is much better on the textures since Daz got away from non-standard UVs with G8.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Dude. Dudette. No idea your gender.

Your tools are consistently just the best, most useful tools EVER! I've already mentioned before how much I LOVE Look At Me, and the character converter tools are no less amazing. I've converted dozens of characters, male and female, and all look terrific. Clothing converters ... equally fantastic. I eagerly await all your new releases as they help me revitalize so much stuff I've owned for years and thought was 'lost'.

If you ever figure out a way to update G2, and the 4th generation characters you will have earned a place forever in my heart.

But whatever you do, thank you, and to anyone wondering about these tools, I cannot recommend them highly enough. If you've got a favorite older generation anything, the results are nothing less than sensational.

• Dude. Dudette. No idea your gender.

Your tools are consistently just the best, most useful tools EVER! I've already mentioned before how much I LOVE Look At Me, and the character converter tools are no less amazing. I've converted dozens of characters, male and female, and all look terrific. Clothing converters ... equally fantastic. I eagerly await all your new releases as they help me revitalize so much stuff I've owned for years and thought was 'lost'.

If you ever figure out a way to update G2, and the 4th generation characters you will have earned a place forever in my heart.

But whatever you do, thank you, and to anyone wondering about these tools, I cannot recommend them highly enough. If you've got a favorite older generation anything, the results are nothing less than sensational.

Thank you so much!  I really appreciate the kind words. (BTW, dude smiley)

• Artini said:
    Odaa said:

You never can tell.  It could also be that there are more people who prefer G3 over G8, but among people who buy products more who prefer G8 over G3.

I think we've hit the point where so many new products are genesis 8 only, moving a new character back to 3 makes little sense. The only reason to stay with a past generation is all the good characters, clothes or whatever you have for that generation, and when you get the tools to move those to 8, no reason to move anything backwards.

Now, if I only had that tool to move vicky (and maybe mike) 4's to G8, then I could really move over ;)

p.s. Thanks for adding the JCM support. Not having that made me leery of using this thing, I'm a lot more comfortable moving things now.

• N3p3nth3 said:
    Artini said:
    Odaa said:

I think we've hit the point where so many new products are genesis 8 only, moving a new character back to 3 makes little sense. The only reason to stay with a past generation is all the good characters, clothes or whatever you have for that generation, and when you get the tools to move those to 8, no reason to move anything backwards.

Now, if I only had that tool to move vicky (and maybe mike) 4's to G8, then I could really move over ;)

p.s. Thanks for adding the JCM support. Not having that made me leery of using this thing, I'm a lot more comfortable moving things now.

Definitely the best return is for going to G8.  The others sell, just not very much, and it tends to go down the further back you go.

You're welcome about the JCM.  It was painful to add it, and was unnecessary in 95% of the cases, but I am glad I have it now.  smiley  It can seriously slow the conversion though; all those extra morphs add a good amount of time.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    Odaa said:

Ouch!

Bought this, will buy a male version, so you can count on at least one more sale...

-- Walt Sterdan

• wsterdan said:
    Odaa said:

Ouch!

Bought this, will buy a male version, so you can count on at least one more sale...

-- Walt Sterdan

I appreciate the support. smiley  

• I've loved this serious so far.  It's a godsend for sure.  Thank you.

FYI:  I don't know if anyone has said anything yet, but you do realize that if you make a G8 to G2 or G8 to G1 converter, that the Poser and Carrara crowd will probably throw a parade in your honor, right?  LOL.

Thank you again for such wonderful products!!!!

• I've loved this serious so far.  It's a godsend for sure.  Thank you.

FYI:  I don't know if anyone has said anything yet, but you do realize that if you make a G8 to G2 or G8 to G1 converter, that the Poser and Carrara crowd will probably throw a parade in your honor, right?  LOL.

Thank you again for such wonderful products!!!!

You're very welcome!  

Thank you for the information.  Conversions to earlier generations will depend on time and interest.  I would love if you were right smiley