Developing a workflow to create photo-realistic scene using Bryce, or Cararra and or 3D blender

FhaloFhalo Posts: 42
edited November 2019 in Bryce Discussion

Hi

I'm working on developing a workflow to create that perfect scene for a non-artist like myself. After some research this is what I've got so-far:-

• Reseach for Photo referance
  • Outline Sketch of the scene
  • Use the correct scale for hills, models etc
  • Create the scene using  Bryce, or Cararra  with out any texture & light
  • Position the camera
  • Export the model used in the to UV mapping software & create a UV map
  • Re-import the model back  into Bryce with the UV map
    • Texture
      • Add texture to the scene using either ( Maybe need to create texture maps eg normals, AO etc)
      • Create PBR Textures
      • External texture or
      • External procedural textual or
      • Procedural texture gerated by Bryce
  • Add light to the scene
  • Add Sky
  • Render, using Bryce, or Cararra and or 3D blender
  • Post Processing
  • Pefect photo-realistic scene created :)

I'm I missing anythig else from the workflow? Any suggestion from both Bryce & Cararra users?

Thanks

Post edited by Fhalo on

Comments

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Wow, that seems like a lot an awful lot of work.

You could just use Bryce.

• FhaloFhalo Posts: 42
    edited November 2019

But, does Bryce, or Cararra artist have a workflow to create the perfect scene as shown the Daz Gallery? Just wonder other artist workflow?

Post edited by Fhalo on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited November 2019

I believe Bryce has native DEM import for actual topography if you want the exact scale of a real terrain

I know Carrara can with a Digital Carvers guild plugin

otherwise there is https://terrain.party/

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited November 2019

One of moments whan i feel that i'd like to hear from c-ram as i think he was devoted the most to idea of making most realistic imaginery possible within bryce (?)

Post edited by akmerlow on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I agree with StuartB.  I have never quite understood why people want to make renders "photo-realisitc"    To me Bryce replaced my paints and paint brushes,  not my camera.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    Chohole said:

I agree with StuartB.  I have never quite understood why people want to make renders "photo-realisitc"    To me Bryce replaced my paints and paint brushes,  not my camera.

Exactly!

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Chohole said:

100% support!

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Fhalo said:

Hi

I'm working on developing a workflow to create that perfect scene for a non-artist like myself. After some research this is what I've got so-far:-

• Reseach for Photo referance
    • Outline Sketch of the scene
    • Use the correct scale for hills, models etc
    • Create the scene using  Bryce, or Cararra  with out any texture & light
    • Position the camera
    • Export the model used in the to UV mapping software & create a UV map
    • Re-import the model back  into Bryce with the UV map
      • Texture
        • Add texture to the scene using either ( Maybe need to create texture maps eg normals, AO etc)
        • Create PBR Textures
        • External texture or
        • External procedural textual or
        • Procedural texture gerated by Bryce
    • Add light to the scene
    • Add Sky
    • Render, using Bryce, or Cararra and or 3D blender
    • Post Processing
    • Pefect photo-realistic scene created :)

I'm I missing anythig else from the workflow? Any suggestion from both Bryce & Cararra users?

Thanks

So it is!
    1. You take a very expensive professional camera.
    2. Choose a landscape suitable for your scene.
    3. Collect extras (artists), dressed appropriately for your design, and place them on the stage.
    4. Take a hundred pictures with a tripod.
    5. Choose the best shot and process it in Photoshop.
    It's all!
    6. Do not forget to complete the course of art photography before completing steps 1 to 5.
    Believe, you will succeed!

• I agree with Chohole, Horo and Slepalex.

• ApocApoc Posts: 407

I will play devil's advocate and offer a differnt opinion. There a couple things missing and unnecessary with your workfloy. First off, Any program can create photo realistic work. You just need to understand the principles of it.
    A.) Light is the most important step. As much as textures help, its the light that will determine weither or not that texture looks beliveable or not. Even if the texture is wrong/ off.
    B.)  The physics of light is not easy replicated in softwares. So you will most likely need additional steps to fill in the gaps where the software fails. Such as in bryce, reflective light, and scatter light effects dont accurately protray realism. So you will need to adjust the color value of your textures to make adjustments.

So with that, I do agree with horo and chohole. If you want to create something that is photo realistic in bryce, there is no direct workflow that will work best. I suggest, 
    1.) gather your refrences.
    2.) Start building your scene
    3.) Carefully plan out the lighting effects
    4.) Once you have your scene built, start adding textures, and adjust as you need.

Thanks, Apoc for your reply.

When you said carefully plan out the light effect, what do you mean? Are you talking deciding on the type of light source to use, where to position it, brightness etc? I'm assuming when planing out the light effect that the model with consist of a default gray material.

Looks like I need to do more research on light effect :)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Fhalo - without light, there is nothing to see, except nothing. Lighting makes a huge difference how any scene looks.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited January 2020

_will chime in  and  beg to be different

_ use E-on Vue _

Post edited by ed3D on