Object Preset Library query

What is the maximum number of Catergories you can have in this library B 6.3 and 7.1 ?? I'm sure i've seen it somewhere

Cheers

GG

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

No Library file must exceed 2 GB. The Library file contains the Presets, whether there is a maximum I don't know, I have a Sky Library with 297 presets. 5 x 10 are directly visible (5 x 7 for the Sky) and once there are more than 50 (or 35 Sky) presets, you get a scroll bar at right of the thumbnails. The Libraries are in Categories (e.g. Installed, User) and the list shows 14, if 14 are exceeded, you get a scroll bar right of the Categories list. The Category is a folder that contains the libraries. Again, I don't know whether there is a limit but if the scroll list gets too long, it gets a bit awkward to select a category. You can add your own Super-Category folder (or folders) but have to create it outside Bryce. Once it exists, Bryce sees it and you can add Libraries to this new Category. I have 25 folders under Objects and 28 under Materials. The more folders you have, the longer the list you get when clicking on the down arrow right of the Category name at the bottom left of the Library. I don't know whether there is a limit how many folders for categories you can add.

• kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198

Good info, thanks Horo.

Cheers

GG

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

You're more than welcome GG.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited November 2019

Hi kiwi_gg

If you are using Windows 7 or higher and you have not switched off virtual storage (which I think hardly anyone did), then you can find your folders here:

C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7\Presets\Objects\User

(xxxxxx = your user name) and AppData is a hidden folder, therefore you have to allow viewing hidden folders (https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/)

Then you could check the used size of your folders. For example my category "Durchgang2" has not much space anymore. I should be careful to store a new object in it.

Virtual Storage of Bryce Objects

virtualstore.jpg
    601 x 298 - 168K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198

Electro-Elvis

Awesome! Thankyou so much for that information. I'm sure it will be helpful to a lot of others as well.

Cheers 

GG

• You are welcome!