39th Bryce Render Challenge Theme is "At this Time of the Year"

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited December 2019 in Bryce Discussion

38th Daz3D Bryce Render challenge

Now Sponsored by Daz 3D                                                     

Theme for this challenge is   At this time of the year

*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*

This is the time of year when people are often heard remarking "It's getting near to the time of year again"  So I thought maybe a good idea for a render challenge.  This time of year means different things to different people. For a start in the northern half of the world it is Winter and in the Southern half it is Summer.  Not quite sure what season it is in the bit round the middle.

So what are you doing at this time of year. Are you planning a seasonal big roast dinner,  or a BBQ on the beach.  Are you thinking of regional events  like fetching home the Yule Log, going Wassailing, First Footing, going round with the Mari Lwyd, or are you more formal with Santa Lucia, Plygain, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, hogmanay or Chinese New year. Do you celebrate the Winter Solstice and the longest night or are you a tradionalist and have Christmas day etc. Or maybe you live in an area or belong to a culture which just treats this time of the year just like any other.  So many cultures, so many different things going on. Maybe you are even a bit of an Ebenezer Scrooge and say bah humbug because the pub is shut. You can even invent a new tradition or borrow someone elses.

Lets see how many different ways people picture this time of year

Should be Fun                                                                                 

Your imagination is the only limit

This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before the render is transferred to the actual Contest thread for judging. You don't have to do that.we collect up all the finished ones and make the thread, with each render given a number and title, but no artist name shown, so it's a blind judging thread for the judging panel.

Rules

• 

All renders must be new renders.
  • 

You can enter up to 3 renders.
  • 

You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS
  • 

Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.
  • 

Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.
  • 

Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.
  •  

Please don't post your entry renders anywhere else until after the Challenge is judged, as judging is done in a blind judging thread, so the Judges don't know who has done which image.

Challenge ends Jan 31st 2020:- Midnight DAZ 3D time

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist place $30     2nd place $20     3rd place $15

In addition DAZ 3D Store Credit will be given to the people whose renders are selected as the Honourable mentions,
$10 for each of 3 honorable mentions

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User. DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by a poll which will be set up at closure of the challenge.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2019

can be all sorts of everything     This is an oldie   and NAE

I'm leaning on a lamppost at the corner of the street In case a certain little lady comes by,

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

Wot, no banjo? Cute though!

• Chohole - Really cool winter scene and fun details. 

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Chohole - lovely work.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955

Chohole - beautiful render

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Chohole : Beautiful image.

• oh... so cute Chohole.

• I have a question in regards to the topic of the challenge; can we incorporate Winter fable characters though we may not be from that region of the world? For example La Befana, The Italian Christmas Witch; I'm not Italian or live in Italy.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Cutie, Chohole!

Eugenius: Well, of course, I assume. I use aliens and space rockets and other things in my contest renders and I am of from space!  See the rules above, there is nothing on having to use items from your own area.

• Hansmar - Thanks for the clarification and welcome to our planet smiley

Hansmar - Thanks for the clarification and welcome to our planet smiley

Don't blow my cover! They think I'm human... devil

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2019
    Hansmar said:

Hansmar - Thanks for the clarification and welcome to our planet smiley

Don't blow my cover! They think I'm human... devil

• Chohole, what a really cute picture. Many lovely details.

• Okay, here is my first entry:

Love is a gift

Love is a gift.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M

... and the snow is excellent. Great entry!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    Horo said:

... and the snow is excellent. Great entry!

+ Yeah, it  'tis _

Drachenlords: Fantastic render. How did you make that great snow on the railing and on the branches?

• @ Horo: Thank you

@ ed3d: Thank you

@ Hansmar: Thank you. The snow belongs to the railing, I just re-textured it.

Drachenlords - beautiful render.

• Drachenlords - Awesome render and excellent lighting.

drachenlords : Cool render.

• Thank you, mermaid, Eugenius Maximus and adbc

• At this time of the year there are also Christmas celebrations and sometimes it is more fun to come back from than going there.

my second entry:

After the Christmas party.

After the Christmas Party.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M

Wow Drachenlords another awesome render and great lighting.

drachenlords - yes, so it may happen. Great idea and superbly done.

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited December 2019

Thanks, mermaid and Horo.

Post edited by drachenlords on

drachenlords : excellent image, just wow from me too.

Drachenlords: Fantastic city scene. Wonderful trampled snow. Very well done!

• Thank you, adbc and Hansmar.

• Drachenlords: very nice Renders.