Dial Control for Genesis to Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
edited March 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Dial Control is a product for people who dial spin and mix morphs and this product gives you the power to easily list the used morphs in many ways, eg via alphabetical and dial strength or product etc. You can also instantly jump to a used morphs location with one click and it will show and highlight exactly where it is located on figure in studio parameters tab.

In a nutshell you can see all morphs used on your figure/character, shaping or pose, and choose to list only ones from specific body parts and they will populate, and you can arrange them to display the way you want.  If a morph isn't present on a specific area the script will dynamically not list its group. 

Here are some promos.

Latest version - 1.3

Dial Control 1.3 Update: When folder button on sliders is clicked, folder on hard drive opens with item highlighted Fixed issue where script would not be added to Scripts menu in rare cases Improved some MacOS GUI issues.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited April 2020

Any control is always worthwhile.

I love vague titles, makes me curious about what it might be... And it doesn't get much vaguer than this one. :)

Post edited by nicstt on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

How about a sentence as to what to expect?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    Sigurd said:

How about a sentence as to what to expect?

Expect a dial! cheeky

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited May 2020

Edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • /GRABBY HANDS

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

When you own many morph packs, this product should help you isolate duplicates and the ones you don't use any more, so you can remove them (and reduce load times). 

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    Zev0 said:

Basically it is a product for people who dial spin and mix morphs and this product gives you the power to easily list the used morphs in many ways, eg via alphabetical and dial strength or product etc. You can also instantly jump to a used morphs location with one click and it will show and highlight exactly where it is located on figure in studio parameters tab.

In a nutshell you can see all morphs used on your figure/character, shaping or pose, and choose to list only ones from specific body parts and they will populate, and you can arrange them to display the way you want.  If a morph isn't present on a specific area the script will dynamically not list its group. I find it extremely useful when I want to see what all the figure uses and from where the morphs comes from. It also has it's own search function.

Here is a promo, not finalized.

Well, I think this is, what we all expected from Daz Studio... from the ground!! Great feature!

• it would be cool (at least for me) to add a function to save a set of morphs as a single morph

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

Thanks in advance for supporting the original Genesis figure! (this assumes that I'm reading the title correctly).

This looks to be a very handy addition to my tookit!

yay!

--ms

Yes it supports Original Genesis right through to Genesis 8.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Awesome!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

WIll it have an ability to collect files as well as list them, so if I wanted to transfer some of my favorite hand-dialed characters to a new machine, I wouldn't have to transfer all the original morph packs?  

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Nice.  When I select a character now, and pick Currently Used, it gives me all the settings for hair, clothing, etc.  And it does poses, too!

Cybersox said:

WIll it have an ability to collect files as well as list them, so if I wanted to transfer some of my favorite hand-dialed characters to a new machine, I wouldn't have to transfer all the original morph packs?  

No collection. Reason for that is because inter machine changes aren't the norm. We will explore the option though. Could be useful for something down the line.
    edited April 2020
    Sevrin said:

Nice.  When I select a character now, and pick Currently Used, it gives me all the settings for hair, clothing, etc.  And it does poses, too!

Yes from the start we wanted a way to split that up so you can view either Pose or shapes..Sometimes that currently used list gets out of hand lol.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2020
    Zev0 said:
    Sevrin said:

Yes from the start we wanted a way to split that up so you can view either Pose or shapes..Sometimes that currently used list gets out of hand lol.

Yeah, that's fine.  For most purposes, you want to zero in on just the character morphs and poses, since the other items are easier to isolate and simpler to deal with.

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    Zev0 said:

Basically it is a product for people who dial spin and mix morphs and this product gives you the power to easily list the used morphs in many ways, eg via alphabetical and dial strength or product etc. You can also instantly jump to a used morphs location with one click and it will show and highlight exactly where it is located on figure in studio parameters tab.

In a nutshell you can see all morphs used on your figure/character, shaping or pose, and choose to list only ones from specific body parts and they will populate, and you can arrange them to display the way you want.  If a morph isn't present on a specific area the script will dynamically not list its group. I find it extremely useful when I want to see what all the figure uses and from where the morphs comes from. It also has it's own search function.

Here is a promo, not finalized.

Well, I think this is, what we all expected from Daz Studio... from the ground!! Great feature!

Yeah, I have a cupboard full of Zev0 products that do what I'd expect DAZ Studio to do inherently. He has a talent for spotting these omissions and doing a fine job overcoming them.

edited April 2020

it would be cool (at least for me) to add a function to save a set of morphs as a single morph

Well this can be done in a better way. Go into edit mode in Studio and create a new property, erc freeze that property with all current morph dials up, now when you control that new dial it dials up and down all morphs that were frozen.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited April 2020

Double Post!  Double Post!

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • Hanabi said:

/GRABBY HANDS

HA HA!  (Made me laugh out loud at work!)

+1  

Fingers tapping impatiently on desk.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,018

Can dials used for only a specific body part be isolated and displayed?

mcorr said:

Can dials used for only a specific body part be isolated and displayed?

Looking at the promo shot, it sure looks like it.

edited April 2020

Yes. This will explain more.

Popup_2.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 822K
    Popup_3.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 1M
    Popup_4.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 1M
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Thanks for the extra images. Now I understand how I could use it.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    Zev0 said:

Yes. This will explain more.

Damn... instant buy surprise

• I don't know where you find the time to create new stuff! I mean with a long debug period of users issues with XTransfer, the upcoming Pose Fusion, and now this. Do you have a bunch of beavers beaving away in the basement laugh

edited April 2020

I just have a new partner thats all. He is fantastic. He made this if some of you remember https://www.daz3d.com/visualmenus

So yes we hope to release a lot of new products this year. Need to pick up the pace. Xtransfer updates ate up a whole 4 months of the year lol. But we are so glad it's finally working the way it should. DiscoBob and I are really proud of it. It is amazing.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Zev0 said:

I just have a new partner thats all. He is fantastic. He made this if some of you remember https://www.daz3d.com/visualmenus

So yes we hope to release a lot of new products this year. Need to pick up the pace. Xtransfer updates ate up a whole 4 months of the year lol. But we are so glad it's finally working the way it should. DiscoBob and I are really proud of it. It is amazing.

Yes, we remember Visual Menus and use it every day! We are still waiting on the promised update for that product. Is there any hope left?

edited April 2020

I shall relay this message to him regarding the update.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Zev0 said:

I shall relay this message to him regarding the update.

Thank you, Zev0. This is the last communication we got about it, which implied it should have been available last fall. It is a great product and I don't want to believe it has been abandoned.