[Released] Render Doctor [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Render Doctor is a script for Daz Studio that automates the rendering of long sequences of images: render scenes, presets, cameras, nodes and more. Every image can be rendered in any resolution, any render style, and using exposure or aperture bracketing. Render Doctor will become an indispensable part of your rendering process!

• Render a Series of Presets
    Easily render a series of images by MIXING and MATCHING presets in a scene. Change selections DURING an image sequence. Define actions to perform BEFORE and AFTER loading a preset, allowing you to select the correct scene item before applying the preset. Render material changes, shape changes, pose changes and more.
  • Render a Series of Scenes
    Easily render a series of scenes from every angle. Change selections and frame the camera AFTER loading a scene, allowing you to zoom in on the action you want.
  • Render Cameras
    Easily render every camera in a scene, or only a subset of cameras.
  • Render Nodes and Selections
    Automatically render all of the skeletons or a selection of nodes in the scene as separate images. The camera(s) will move and frame each node automatically. Document the elements of your scene.
  • Render Any Style
    Automatically render Iray, 3Delight, or any Viewport Draw Style, all within the same image sequence
  • Render Multiple Resolutions
    Each “image” in a render sequence can be rendered in multiple resolutions automatically, e.g., render the same camera at multiple resolutions. Add any, and as many, resolutions that you want.
  • Perform Exposure and Aperture Bracketing
    Similar to photography, easily setup Exposure level and/or F/Stop bracketing (where exposure levels or F/Stops are automatically decreased or increased)

Note that Render Doctor is not for animations.

For Iray and 3Delight

What's Included and Features

• Render Doctor: (.DSF)
    • Detailed User Manual
    • Render Doctor Script
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

What does "skeletons" mean?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    barbult said:

What does "skeletons" mean?

Sorry, I am so used to using them, I forget others might not know.  Skeletons are the main figure or prop of a rigged item.  Most of the important stuff, like the mesh is attached to the skeleton.  In this case, it means find the top-level parent of things in the scene (such as a car, not its windows), select and frame it, and render.

• Will the Render Doctor Skeletons work with the Midnight Skeleton figures? Or, will they all end up getting into a fight..?  surprise

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170

Looks/sounds like another FANTASTIC product...  Looking forward to this!

HeavyRay said:

Looks/sounds like another FANTASTIC product...  Looking forward to this!

Thanks!

• evacynevacyn Posts: 950

Quick question - Since the latest DS release, I've found that it will randomly hang/crash if I clear a scene and add new assets to it. Does Render Doctor have another method for doing that? Otherwise, wouldn't re-rendering the same scene from different cameras evenutally max out my VRAM? Sorry if this a common knowledge question - I'm still trying to figure out how DS handles VRAM. :)

BTW - love your products! :)

• Just returned from The Future where I find I use this every day and it is an indispensible tool in my rendering activity. I often looked back at all the time and effort this has saved me over the years.

Sadly I had to return to The Present where it has not been launched quite yet. <sigh>

Gogger said:

Just returned from The Future where I find I use this every day and it is an indispensible tool in my rendering activity. I often looked back at all the time and effort this has saved me over the years.

Sadly I had to return to The Present where it has not been launched quite yet. <sigh>

This is an entertaining new twist on product praise. You are quite creative. No wonder you are a Daz Studio user. yes

barbult said:
    Gogger said:

Just returned from The Future where I find I use this every day and it is an indispensible tool in my rendering activity. I often looked back at all the time and effort this has saved me over the years.

This is an entertaining new twist on product praise. You are quite creative. No wonder you are a Daz Studio user. yes

I am from the past and have been pulled forward to this present.  It sounds like I should go back to the past and learn this "Daz Studio" program and become a PA!  Getting great reviews before I release is not something that happens often in the past cheeky.  (Besides, I am hating this covid thing.  The present can have it laugh)

evacyn said:

Quick question - Since the latest DS release, I've found that it will randomly hang/crash if I clear a scene and add new assets to it. Does Render Doctor have another method for doing that? Otherwise, wouldn't re-rendering the same scene from different cameras evenutally max out my VRAM? Sorry if this a common knowledge question - I'm still trying to figure out how DS handles VRAM. :)

BTW - love your products! :)

Thanks! 

Render Doctor is a script and uses DS functions.  If there is a problem with DS, Render Doctor will probably display it.  For multiple cameras, I have a 2080Ti so I may not have noticed but I haven't had a problem.

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471

I am hoping..if not in this version then perhaps in a future update or a Version 2...for a feature that will allow me to select a set of radiant surfaces and a single camera, and have each of the radiant surfaces toggled on in turn to produce a set of single-lit images for compositing. (When I'm trying to get lighting just right, low initial radiance values and Screen blending are my friends in Photoshop.)

However, having voiced that hope, I'll be waiting for this release, whether or not such a feature is included. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Wait... this product doesn't come with Morphs of David Tennant and Matt Smith?  No Capaldi or Whitiker???  No Baker or Pertwee????  Well, dang.  But will no doubt buy it anyway...

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 123

I am hoping..if not in this version then perhaps in a future update or a Version 2...for a feature that will allow me to select a set of radiant surfaces and a single camera, and have each of the radiant surfaces toggled on in turn to produce a set of single-lit images for compositing. (When I'm trying to get lighting just right, low initial radiance values and Screen blending are my friends in Photoshop.)

However, having voiced that hope, I'll be waiting for this release, whether or not such a feature is included. 

I believe you can already do this in canvases.

So, that brings up the question - what support will Render Doctor have for canvases?

If I understand you, then I don't think you can do this in this version of Render Doctor.  If it can be done by selecting NODES and using presets, then yes.  Otherwise, no.

Cybersox said:

Wait... this product doesn't come with Morphs of David Tennant and Matt Smith?  No Capaldi or Whitiker???  No Baker or Pertwee????  Well, dang.  But will no doubt buy it anyway...

??!?!!!?  That one went right by me. laugh

Mart1n71 said:

I believe you can already do this in canvases.

barbult said:

So, that brings up the question - what support will Render Doctor have for canvases?

Render Doctor does not do anything with canvases.  That would have to be a feature for a 2.0, though I am unsure how I would do it right now.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Cybersox said:

As in a product to Render Doctor Who.

Cybersox said:

As in a product to Render Doctor Who.

Ah!  Now the light dawns.  Have only watched maybe 2 episodes of Doctor Who.

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    • Render Cameras 

Does this mean all at once, or sequentially per camera?

In other words, if I have three cameras, A, B, and C, covering a scene with a 300-frame animation I want to output to image sequences—each camera having its own pan, dolly, and zoom animations—will this make it possible to render a separate image sequence for each camera simultaneously (such as the way three cameras would record any given take in a studio)? Or will it render 300 frames for Camera A, then start over and render 300 frames for Camera B, etc.? (Or something else?)

Seaparately but related: What if you want certain cameras to capture only a certain segment of the entire animation? For instance, one camera is a long crane-style dolly across the whole scene, and all 300 frames are needed for that camera, but another camera is for a zooming-in medium-closeup-to-closeup on the heroine's face, and that is needed only for the last 60 frames. Will it be possible to set such paramaters, click "Start," and go out for Tango dancing? (Tango dancing optional.)

mavante said:
    • Render Cameras 

In other words, if I have three cameras, A, B, and C, covering a scene with a 300-frame animation I want to output to image sequences—each camera having its own pan, dolly, and zoom animations—will this make it possible to render a separate image sequence for each camera simultaneously (such as the way three cameras would record any given take in a studio)? Or will it render 300 frames for Camera A, then start over and render 300 frames for Camera B, etc.? (Or something else?)

Seaparately but related: What if you want certain cameras to capture only a certain segment of the entire animation? For instance, one camera is a long crane-style dolly across the whole scene, and all 300 frames are needed for that camera, but another camera is for a zooming-in medium-closeup-to-closeup on the heroine's face, and that is needed only for the last 60 frames. Will it be possible to set such paramaters, click "Start," and go out for Tango dancing? (Tango dancing optional.)

This product does not deal with animations and will not help you with them.  It will render each camera for the current frame.  

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    mavante said:
    • Render Cameras 

This product does not deal with animations and will not help you with them.  It will render each camera for the current frame.  

Okay. Well, given that animations are long sequences of images, you might want to rethink this first sentence from your description above:

"Render Doctor is a script for Daz Studio that automates the rendering of long sequences of images."

mavante said:
    mavante said:
    • Render Cameras 

Okay. Well, given that animations are long sequences of images, you might want to rethink this first sentence from your description above:

"Render Doctor is a script for Daz Studio that automates the rendering of long sequences of images."

You are right.  I certainly meant to mention that, but it got lost somewhere on the way.  I have added to the text at the top of the post, and I will mention it to Daz to add it to the ad copy.

I watched the video. At about 23:30 you seem to have confused Focal Distance with F/Stop.

barbult said:

I watched the video. At about 23:30 you seem to have confused Focal Distance with F/Stop.

If I did, whoops!  laugh  The script modifies a camera's F/Stop property.

I'm looking forward to the release of this product. I have some more questions, brought to mind by Render Queue experience:

• Is there any way to get Render Doctor to render scenes with LAMH2Iray Catalyzer animals? It requires using a dedicated Catalyzer render button.
    • Does it render dForce and strand-based hair correctly, using all the Surfaces and Parameters pane settings that a use may have modified?
    • Does it restart Daz Studio between renders, like Render Queue does, or does it have a different way of ensuring that the GPU memory is released between renders?
  • barbult said:

I'm looking forward to the release of this product. I have some more questions, brought to mind by Render Queue experience:

• Is there any way to get Render Doctor to render scenes with LAMH2Iray Catalyzer animals? It requires using a dedicated Catalyzer render button.
    • Does it render dForce and strand-based hair correctly, using all the Surfaces and Parameters pane settings that a use may have modified?
    • Does it restart Daz Studio between renders, like Render Queue does, or does it have a different way of ensuring that the GPU memory is released between renders?

+1 to each of these.

barbult said:

If so, then no, I don't think so.

barbult said:

I don't know why they would be different than any other presets?  I just did Render Presets for the dForce Soft Curls Hair and it seems to work:

barbult said:

No, since this is a script it definitely does not restart DS between renders.  This is the first i have heard of this issue.  Doing a couple hours of research, it looks like there is not a way to do that between renders.

Soft Curls Base Perspective View (1000 x 1300) 1.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Soft Curls Base Perspective View (1000 x 1300) 2.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Soft Curls Base Perspective View (1000 x 1300) 3.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Soft Curls Base Perspective View (1000 x 1300) 4.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300
    barbult said:

barbult said:

I don't know why they would be different than any other presets?  I just did Render Presets for the dForce Soft Curls Hair and it seems to work:

barbult said:

No, since this is a script it definitely does not restart DS between renders.  This is the first i have heard of this issue.  Doing a couple hours of research, it looks like there is not a way to do that between renders.

This is what Manfriday's Render Queue does.

edited July 2020
    Sevrin said:
    barbult said:

barbult said:

barbult said:

This is what Manfriday's Render Queue does.

That is because it is not a script.  It is a plugin or application.  It is also why Render Queue is limited to Windows; (s)he would have to recode/port it to Mac.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on