Very simple(?) script

freenomonfreenomon Posts: 3

Hello there..

Absolute beginning here.  I was wondering how to make a script for some functions from the daz menu.

for example if I select a genesis 8 female character, and pose it, then save it's pose into a specific folder as a posepreset, can the "saving the selected as a posepreset" part be made into a script?  If so what would it look like?   I know this sounds stupid.. sorry.. ^^

Plus I am looking for mentorship on daz scripting and will compensate for your time...    let me know if any of you daz scripting gurus are interested   [email protected]

Kenneth

Post edited by freenomon on

Comments

• freenomon said:

Hello there..

Absolute beginning here.  I was wondering how to make a script for some functions from the daz menu.

for example if I select a genesis 8 female character, and pose it, then save it's pose into a specific folder as a posepreset, can the "saving the selected as a posepreset" part be made into a script?  If so what would it look like?   I know this sounds stupid.. sorry.. ^^

There are sample scripts in the scripting documentation - which is here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/start - including one to save a pose preset.

(If you are new to scripting generally, I think you will want to get up to speed with ECMAScript/Javascript first.)

• freenomonfreenomon Posts: 3
    edited August 2020

ok. I Found the sample. Will take a look!

Post edited by freenomon on