Introducing the all-new Daz to Unreal Bridge & native Unreal File Formats

Bring your Daz Library to Unreal

Daz 3D is here to help you make photo-realistic and highly functional 3D projects with the Daz to Unreal Bridge. The amazing Character features you love in Studio are ready to export to Unreal for your animation, video game, or other 3D project. And, like our other Bridges, the Daz to Unreal Bridge is totally and completely FREE.

This cross-platform port transfers your characters, outfits, hair, props, and more to your Unreal project with just a few clicks. Wherever you’re working, bring your favorite morphable and mashable characters with you simply, quickly, and easily.

Advanced Bridge Capability

The Daz to Unreal Bridge comes with tons of advanced and enhanced functionality crafted specifically for animators and video game developers. The Unreal Bridge includes enhanced Daz Animation transfer, 3rd party animation capability, advanced Materials transfer and support, and more Daz Character and Animal transfer functionality, all for FREE.

How it works

This cross-platform port transfers your characters, outfits, hair, props, and more to your Unreal project with just a few clicks. Bring your favorite morphable and mashable characters with you simply, quickly, and easily in just a few steps:

• Download

• Download Studio for free, and get automatic access to Daz Bridge to Unreal (also free!).

• Build

• Explore over 30,000 items to find your perfect product. Then use Studio’s built-in sliders, morphs, smart content and auto-fit to make your perfect character.

• Transfer

• Once your character is ready to go, open your Daz Bridge and import your project to your 3D software simply, quickly and easily.

• Finalize

Put in the finishing touches — watch your character come to life in your animation, game, or other 3D project.

Unreal File Formats

Whether you’re working on a quick product or want to add the perfect Daz character to your 3rd party software scene, Daz also offers native Unreal File Formats so you can add characters, props, animations and more to your Unreal project.

The Daz to Unreal Bridge

Need Help? See the Daz to Unreal Tutorial Video or Help Center.

The Daz to Unreal Bridge is an Open Source project.

Learn More about Daz Bridges, File Formats, and how you can create amazing 3D artwork. Your 3D Universe is waiting… what will create with tens of thousands of new 3D models at your fingertips?

Comments

• Hi Great to see an Unreal Bridge I'm really excited to build an animated series with your models and unreal Engine!

I'm testing the import already and I am finding some bugs which have been the usual issues of body part scale of my custom Daz Character reverted to Default Scale. Also I have broken Textures especially hair/eyelashes and costume. Possible to get a troubleshoot version to deal with these issues? Also my Daz skin Shell doesn't conform to the body and floats in t-pose attached to the Root. Do I need to Bake the Shell to one texture first? Also for the body scale issue should I save my char to a preset??

Also there are a lot of facial rig processes out there for Daz3d face, which one would you recommend to implement the live link ARKit capture and  will this be added to the Unreal Bridge?

• HardFrecorencyHardFrecorency Posts: 5
    edited October 2020

So cool

Post edited by HardFrecorency on
  • jeronimocollaresjeronimocollares Posts: 131
    edited September 2020

I posted it on the Unreal forum.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/animation/1812263-daz-bridge-to-unreal-unreal-messes-the-face-animations-whats-going-on
    Aswell as on the Unreal Discord.
    And contacted Daz Support. And opened a ticket with them.
    And submited a BUG SUBMISSION FORM on Unreal
    https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/?language=en_US

Here the "ThirdPerson" project with the Original DAZ Animation, The pluguin Activated, and the NEW RECORDED Unreal Animated with the face broken.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/18dOUYJIQu_ygEhJyQp0V9jQtvUt-EPFX/view?usp=sharing

Any else ideas, to get this fixed?

First, export the SKELETAL MESH without ANY animation (u can use morph ONLY in this case). Secound, export your animation (LIKE ANIMATION in TOP OPTION) WITHOUT any morph. Try it. And a link useful for u from DEV:

http://davidvodhanel.com/

Post edited by jeronimocollares on
  • Did you set the retarget source on the animations?

David, about 'morph', can you do a tutorial about it on Unreal IF possible, of corse? Ty.

edited October 2020

Did you set the retarget source on the animations?

Thanks!

Check this video, step by step.
    https://youtu.be/PtiCwod8hrU

How the face gets destroyed.
    In a nutshell:
    1) DAZ Studio 4.12 / Create a FemaleFigure Genesis 8
    2) DAZ Studio 4.12 / I create short basic animation, opening and closing mouth FIRST ANIMATION FILE DAZ.
    3) Unreal 4.25 / Create a ThirdPerson project
    3) Unreal 4.25 / Activate the Daz pluguin and restart
    4) DAZ Studio 4.12 / On the top menu bar FILE / SEND FILE / DAZ TO UNREAL
    5) DAZ Studio 4.12 / I select some Morphs am interested
    5) Unreal 4.25 / The Skeletal Mesh for Genesis 8 + Animation Sequence with Mouth opening and closing is created
    6) Unreal 4.25 / I open the Skeletal Mesh and check the morphs are working
    7) Unreal 4.25 / I open the Animation Sequence FIRST ANIMATION FILE DAZ and is working
    8) Unreal 4.25 / Inside FIRST ANIMATION FILE DAZ Animation Sequence, i push the RECORD button. It records and stores a new AnimationSequence file SECOND ANIMATION FILE UNREAL
    9) Unreal 4.25 / Inside SECOND ANIMATION FILE UNREAL Animation Sequence, I open the new AnimationSequence file and the face gets CORRUPTED

LEFT =
    FIRST ANIMATION FILE DAZ
    RIGHT = SECOND ANIMATION FILE UNREAL

Both LEFT AND RIGHT should look exactly the same. And the second gets broken.

I compared the Transforms positions of the same bone name on both ANIMATION FILE And there is are a lot of bones with offset from the original.

Seems like it does NOT RECORD well.

Seems there are 2 things going on here.
    - Morphs keyframes
    - And Bone keyframes
    And somehow unreal just records the Bone keyframes?
    So the code is missing some more code.
    And does not record the Morphs keyframes.

Thanks!

Just a tip, you can animate in Unreal.

• Check this video, step by step.

Just wanted to let you know I looked at the video real quick.  I don't have time tonight, but I'll try to take a closer look and see what happened.

edited October 2020

Thanks!

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659

I'm so so excited about this, and I'm trying to figure out - is this Mac compatible? I can't seem to locate the plugin installer in either DIM or DAZ Central. 

edited September 2020

I finally found a note in the Zendesk faq for the unreal bridge that macos is not supported at this time. Unless I missed it, it doesn't say this in the store. When can we expect MacOS support? 

Side note: It kinda seems weird to me that I seem to be able to install the 3ds Max Bridge on my Mac (since Max has never had a MacOS version), but not the Unreal plugin?

Post edited by Storypilot on
    edited October 2020

Do you have any of this option, when you program the bridge?

Thanks! cool

Just wanted to let you know I looked at the video real quick.  I don't have time tonight, but I'll try to take a closer look and see what happened.

• I'm not sure if these are in the live build or if they're too new. 

If you go to Edit->Project Settings->Daz To Unreal Settings, hopefully you'll see settings for Show FBXImport Dialog and Frame Zero Is Reference Pose

Just following up - what is the timeline for when we'll get a Mac version of the bridge? :)

• Dec 4th : Unreal 4.26 is out, the current Bridge is currently not functional at all. 

• Still no update???

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

Z Family said:

Still no update???

to be fair if you have the "unreal market version it get updated, it's seens which the issue here is "daz team" to accept updates.

• It's difficult build it yourself?

• WayneXWayneX Posts: 49

Please release an update for version 4.26! I really want to use this plugin! Please! sad

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

waynekenneyjr said:

Please release an update for version 4.26! I really want to use this plugin! Please! sad

a alternative would be you use the "unreal market version of the pluging it's already updated for 4.26 (the updates are much fast on unreal market than in daz, it the same pluging from the same creator the only difference is one being free and the other payed. 

• WayneXWayneX Posts: 49
    edited December 2020

Ellessarr said:

waynekenneyjr said:

a alternative would be you use the "unreal market version of the pluging it's already updated for 4.26 (the updates are much fast on unreal market than in daz, it the same pluging from the same creator the only difference is one being free and the other payed.

That's great! I bought the Unreal.com version for $40! And I'm now using it! Fully compatible for 4.26! Great! Thank you! :D

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Hi!

When You update plugin for 4.26?

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

i dont think they do even read this forum dead as it is

• TsubaTsuba Posts: 78

They will eventually. And they'll make it free.

In the meantime, crafty programmers will profit, selling 'what would be free' stuff for $40 a pop.

• well, can someone tell me how to build it from source 

• TsubaTsuba Posts: 78

awsingh996 said:

well, can someone tell me how to build it from source 

Sorry. As much as I'd love to help, my tech-savvy level is around -10. blush

• There's instructions for building the plugin, but it'll probably be a bit tricky if you aren't a programmer.

I think you can get the 4.26 version via zip now though.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/469556/daz-to-unreal-update-4-0#latest

• The instructions aren't clear. I've downloaded from Daz. Now what?

• 2409460824094608 Posts: 0

I downloaded the latest dazstudio and daz to unreal bridge from dazcentral. Unreal uses 4.26. I have opened the plug-in in unreal, but I found a G8 in daz for testing, but I can’t find send to unreal. In the file Nothing after exit. why? This is different from the video tutorial, the output command can not be found directly!

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

the video tut is outdated