Help: Can't trigger action

laikennuslaikennus Posts: 9
var mgr = MainWindow.getActionMgr();func = mgr.findAction("DzBindingGeneralMapAction")func.trigger();

The output for this is: (line 5) TypeError: Result of expression 'func' [null] is not an object. So I guess it can't find DzBindingGeneralMapAction.

Is there a way to execute that action?

Reference: http://ut1-webvirt-wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/interface/inline/weight_map_brush/dzbindinggeneralmapaction

Post edited by laikennus on

Comments

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 359

For some reason, some actions have a name of DzAction, and so cannot be found this way.

Try this

var oMgr = MainWindow.getActionMgr();var nActions = oMgr.getNumActions();for (var i = 0; i < nActions; i++){	oAction = oMgr.getAction (i);	if (oAction.text == "General Map")		oAction.trigger();}

• Omniflux said:

For some reason, some actions have a name of DzAction, and so cannot be found this way.

Try this

var oMgr = MainWindow.getActionMgr();var nActions = oMgr.getNumActions();for (var i = 0; i < nActions; i++){	oAction = oMgr.getAction (i);	if (oAction.text == "General Map")		oAction.trigger();}

Thank you very much Omniflux! That did it!

• Rob has a script to help with finding the names to use for actions http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/actions/action_find_classname/start

Unfortunately the documentation you link to is using an older classname.

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 359

Thanks Rob!

With that information, your original code can be used as such:

var mgr = MainWindow.getActionMgr();var func = mgr.findAction ("DzNodeWeightGeneralMapAction")func.trigger();

• Omniflux said:

Try this

Do note that DzActionMgr::findAction() uses the action's classname, not its name.

• That's great! Thank you very much Omniflux and Richard!