Invisible Ezra Hair

Hey guys!

I just bought Ezra hair and it's, well, invisible in the renders, just like the title states! I loaded the hair, set my color, set all the style settings that looked good to me. It shows the hair in the texture shaded mode--and I even simulated it, watching the hair move in the animation--but when I switch to NVIDIA Iray mode, only the scalp shows, no long hair to be seen. My character looks like a new army recruit lol. I've been working with lots of different hair and have been a Daz user since January 2020, and have never seen this problem before. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121
    edited October 2020

You said that it's invisible in renders, but later you talk about switching from texture shaded mode to Iray. These are not the same concepts; Iray preview mode is not a render. dForce hair by default isn't visible in Iray preview mode in order not to overwhelm your system. Do a full render and see if it still doesn't show up.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • JCarverJCarver Posts: 35
    edited October 2020

Oh cool, I didn't know that lol. I thought Iray preview mode was...a preview of the render lol. I will try rendering it, thanks!

P.S. I'm having trouble with these forum controls too. It's labeling my words as Gordig's quote, but this is JCarver speaking. I hate technology! DX

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Edited to fix quote - the cursor should be after the quote, but you can hit the quotation marrks button in the second group on the bottom row to add/remove the quote formatting.

Exactly what you get in Iray preview drawstyle is dependent on the Draw Settings pane (and/or singleton nodes in the current Public Build), and for strand-based/dForce hair you also need to check the Preview hairs and tessellation values for the hair itself.

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    There is a preview renders preset you should apply, point 5 on my checklist http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/70981/start Tips/notes also available here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/aprilysh3d/aprilysh-dforce-hair-tips/3548983945134478/ Hope that helps :)
  • JCarverJCarver Posts: 35

Wow, guys, thank you so much (and thank for fixing my quote problem, Richard lol!). Yes it really did render properly when I tested it. To be honest, that was as far as I was ever able to get with dforce hair--it was the first to work for me and not crash my computer during simulation. So I was in new territory LOL. Thanks, AprilYSH, I will definitely read that. I'm so glad there wasn't anything acutally wrong. Whew!

• In case anyone else is having this issue, in the materials for Ezra hair, there's a render preview option and hairs preview option along with the colors, etc. The render preview selection makes the hair visible in both Texture Shaded and NVIDIA viewport settings.