Daz to unreal take so long to export

jeronimocollaresjeronimocollares Posts: 131
edited September 2020 in Unreal Discussion

Near 20 minutes here to export a single character with a Simswit... any reason? (with some morphs)* REEDIT, well, near 30 minutes. Its about RAM memory? Another software can 'interfere' on this process?

Ty for any help.

Post edited by jeronimocollares on

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited September 2020

Near 20 minutes here to export a single character with a Simswit... any reason? (with some morphs)* REEDIT, well, near 30 minutes. Its about RAM memory? Another software can 'interfere' on this process?

Ty for any help.

would be good if you could post a image of the character you are trying to export, the amount of polygons, the amount of "morphs", the outfit some details like if you try to export it on "high resolution, what are the options you are using?

already tried with different characters?? it's just a specific character?

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • jeronimocollaresjeronimocollares Posts: 131
    edited September 2020

A single g8f. I try follow the tutorial on youtube, but i fail. Looks like need be opened Ue4 and daz same time... On retarget bones, for exemple - where i fail - i dont find the base from 8, only g3. :) About the time, looks like 'time or processing' (im playing here in a i5 :S ) but dont crash and this is a great notice to me, just take some time. I ll try later again. REEDIT - and looks like was the morphs... on litle screen, i read 'animation' (last thing, i think... in this exp process). looks like this morph get some time to export (maybe)...

Post edited by jeronimocollares on

A single g8f. I try follow the tutorial on youtube, but i fail. Looks like need be opened Ue4 and daz same time... On retarget bones, for exemple - where i fail - i dont find the base from 8, only g3. :) About the time, looks like 'time or processing' (im playing here in a i5 :S ) but dont crash and this is a great notice to me, just take some time. I ll try later again. REEDIT - and looks like was the morphs... on litle screen, i read 'animation' (last thing, i think... in this exp process). looks like this morph get some time to export (maybe)...

yea to export you need to have "both open at same time"

you need to check the "ammount of morphs you are trying to export" the more morph the more time it can take, unreal have a large limite on how much morphs you can export but the more you put the more time it will take, for me using a i7 witth 16 giga ram it normally take few minutes to export a character with like 50 to 80 morphs, it is a lot of info.

• Ellessarr said:

you need to check the "ammount of morphs you are trying to export" the more morph the more time it can take, unreal have a large limite on how much morphs you can export but the more you put the more time it will take, for me using a i7 witth 16 giga ram it normally take few minutes to export a character with like 50 to 80 morphs, it is a lot of info.

Thanks for the answer :) yes, sure, i ll pay more atention next time and, no morph, i think its not so hard do animations in ue4... at last, few animation (i ll use this ONLY to do movies, short movies). But i like Iray from Daz, and i found a good configuration to my 'animes' with some sketch shaders. The render is fast or are fast without many elements in my viewport. I really love Daz man... i just need a better computer :3

Ellessarr said:

Thanks for the answer :) yes, sure, i ll pay more atention next time and, no morph, i think its not so hard do animations in ue4... at last, few animation (i ll use this ONLY to do movies, short movies). But i like Iray from Daz, and i found a good configuration to my 'animes' with some sketch shaders. The render is fast or are fast without many elements in my viewport. I really love Daz man... i just need a better computer :3

to be fair it's not like you "ca'nt export morphs" or no moprhs just don't go exporting "every moprh possible like want to expor 100+ morphs it can really take sometime, since your spec is not " atop note" spec, then start adding like 20 and see the time it's take then go adding few more like 2 or 3 more then test until you see you have enough and know how much time it can take.

• How much certain things hurt in transfer time gets multiplied by other things.  For instance, how much a morph costs depends on how much of the character the morph affects in verts.  If you're exporting many morphs, and using subdivision, and have really heavy hair or clothing assets, it can become a surprising amount of mesh data real quick.  

How much certain things hurt in transfer time gets multiplied by other things.  For instance, how much a morph costs depends on how much of the character the morph affects in verts.  If you're exporting many morphs, and using subdivision, and have really heavy hair or clothing assets, it can become a surprising amount of mesh data real quick.  

yehp, that is why you must becarefull with "what you are trying to export, while is cool have a "ultra realistic, heavy poly count character with 9999 morphs and 1 million + polygons remember it will "have a cost" in both your machine and unreal and any other program which is "real time render", then pay attention to those details.

• KooreoKooreo Posts: 44
    edited October 2020

Morphs are one of the things that really slow down the transfer of the character but that not the bridge's fault. that's the nature of the fbx export the plugin uses. 

If you do a manual fbx export with the morphs it will take just as long. The problem is daz itself.

Post edited by Kooreo on