Pointless Prizeless Challenge #8: as in "Pieces of"...

3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
edited May 2022 in Art Studio

Yes, anybody can enter this challenge and post images and/or comments to this thread. It's not intended to be a monologue - although that's often how these challenges end up.
And yes, you're allowed as many, or as few (zero seems very popular), entries as you want.
Don't forget that there's no deadline. Just because this thread appears to be dead doesn't mean that it is dead - it's just waiting patiently for the first second entry.

"Arrr, Jim lad ! It be piratin' time !"

Yes! The Pointless Prizeless Challenge rises from the murky depths like Ahab's nemesis (or like an unexpected fart in a bathtub - depending on your point of view).

This challenge be easy mateys ! Bring us your worst** renders of all things pirate-related.

Bring us your pirates, your buccaneers, your corsairs, your privateers...
Your Blackbeards, your Redbeards, your Yellowbeards, your Treebeards (???) - maybe not that last one -  I have a disturbing vision of a ship made from people...
Your Captains Kidd, your Jack Sparrowses, your Pugwashes...
Your lady pirateses too - your Anne Bonnys, your Mary Reads, your Belits (provided they put sufficient clothes on for the DAZ forums)...
Your pirate schooners, your buccaneer brigs, your privateer barques, your swarthy-pelagic-ruffian-crewed frigates, your corsair ocean-going-sailing-vessels...
...but why limit it to sailing vessels ?
Bring us your steam-pirates on steamships, your sky pirates in airships, your ice pirates in spaceships (with their kung-fu robots)...
...etc (you get the general idea)...

Special side-order challenge (optional):

Inspired by the Dread Pirate Lester and The Federation Of Thread Pirates And Other Such Undesirables (which seems to have gone to Davy Jones* locker) this theme includes an interesting little side-challenge - to claim as many threads as possible for the glory of the Federation Of Thread Pirates And Other Such Undesirables ! This will, of course, have to be done in accordance with the pirate code, whose relevant section goes something like this:

"To claim a thread for the glory of the Federation Of Thread Pirates And Other Such Undesirables a pirate must:
1) Place a statement to the effect of "Arrr, Jim lad ! I do 'ereby be claimin' this 'ere thread for the glory of the Federation Of Thread Pirates And Other Such Undesirables !" in an OLD post of theirs on said  claimed thread. 
2)  Make a new post here (i.e. on this thread that you're reading) to the effect of "Arrr, Jim lad ! Let it be known by all and sundry that I, <insert your pirate name here>, have claimed the <insert title of claimed thread here> thread for the glory of the Federation Of Thread Pirates And Other Such Undesirables !"
3) Cross-link the two posts so that other pirates can verify the claim. The words 'claiming' and 'claimed' are good ones to turn into cross-links."

sSee the next post for an example claim.

Extra good news:

The panel of serious pirates who were booked to judge the entries were unexpectedly dragged from their ships by a maracca and tambourine wielding kraken, never to be seen again.

Footnote (for those who don't know what a pointless prizeless challenge is):

"What's the point of a challenge without prizes?" I hear you ask. Well...there isn't any, which is why I said it's pointless. But looking on the bright side, without prizes there are are no losers - so everybody's a winner !
(O
f course you could argue that without prizes there are no winners so everybody's a loser. But who cares.)

(Pointless Prizeless Challenge Index | Previous challenge: Pointless Prizeless Challenge #1138: Space Opera ! ( May The Fourth Be With You )

*Davy Jones ? You know - that infamous maracca and tambourine wielding English pirate.

**By 'worst' I mean 'best', of course. 

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Comments

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited October 2020

Here's an example of how to claim another thread: 

"Arrr, Jim lad ! Let it be known by all and sundry that I, Da Irie Pirate Crusoe, have claimed the "The Federation Of Thread Pirates And Other Such Undesirables [Claimed by Dread Pirate Lester]" thread for the glory of the Federation Of Thread Pirates And Other Such Undesirables !"
    (N.B. this is obviously not a genuine claim because The Dread Pirate Lester has already claimed that thread. It is merely being used as an example.)

edited October 2020

Judging by the dearth of thread views and the lack of any response it would appear that the bathtub fart analogy is most apposite...

Never mind - bathtub farts have a quality all their own, appreciated only by the true connoisseur...  laugh

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574

"Arrr, Jim lad ! Let it be known by all and sundry that I, Da Irie Pirate Crusoe, have claimed the "The Federation Of Thread Pirates And Other Such Undesirables [Claimed by Dread Pirate Lester]" thread for the glory of the Federation Of Thread Pirates And Other Such Undesirables !"
    (N.B. this is obviously not a genuine claim because The Dread Pirate Lester has already claimed that thread. It is merely being used as an example.)

Looks like must 've "killed" that one, no more posts after mine (as of this post).  It's the "Curse of the Catgirl"!!!  (Cue dramatic chord and a crack of thunder.)

Sincerely...silly,

Bill

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893
    edited October 2020

Will this do for an entry? You can easily tell they're pirates, because they're wearing skulls and stripes, they have swords, and they're jolly drunk.

Post edited by WinterMoon on
    edited October 2020

Judging by the dearth of thread views and the lack of any response it would appear that the bathtub fart analogy is most apposite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9mMOYfmZxE

Redfern said:

Looks like must 've "killed" that one, no more posts after mine (as of this post).  It's the "Curse of the Catgirl"!!!  (Cue dramatic chord and a crack of thunder.)

Sincerely...silly,

Bill

I was hoping this might inspire somebody (other than me) to resuscitate it.

But I can't honestly  imagine many people who'd want to give a thread mouth-to-mouth after it's been to visit old Davy Jones...

edited October 2020

Will this do for an entry? You can easily tell they're pirates, because they're wearing skulls and stripes, they have swords, and they're jolly drunk.

Why are you asking me ?
    I've been informed by Davy Jones kraken that I have no authority in this thread.
    At least, I assume that's what the gargantuan cephalopoidal rendition of "Last Train To Clarksville*" (accompanied by squamous tambourine and cyclopean maraccas) was intended to convey.

(But for what it's worth, in a totally unofficial spectatorial capacity, they definitely look like pirates to me)

*At least, I assume that's the intended tune. But given the timbre of kraken-singing, tambourine, maraccass it could really have been anything.

edited October 2020

I think this thread probably needs some jolly rogering. (and I think something other than your typical skull and crossboneses is really required)

I've been trying to come up with a pirate flag for Da Irie Pirate Crusoe, but having zero artistic talent I've resorted to badly copying things. The best I've been able to come up with so far is this, based on a tomato plant and a T-shirt design I found while surfing - the poor chap wearing the T-shirt appeared to have been mauled with a giant tambourine.

Can anybody help ?

(I understand that the main use of this flag will be as a hammock)

DaIriePirateCrusoe02.jpg
    640 x 480 - 35K

"Arrr, Jim lad ! Let it be known by all and sundry that I, Captain Nema of the Naughty Lass, have claimed that there cheapskate's "Same old cra" thread for the glory of the Federation Of Thread Pirates And Other Such Undesirables !"