new Blueprint for daz character

as the retargeting is not working properly for daz characters in unreal in my experience:

did someone managed to create a working animation Blueprint in unreal for a daz character or

knows a good tutorial about it ?

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

well what is the "retargeting" type you are using?? because mine works all the animations works fine in my game project, the only issue would be multiple angles feets, but overal works fine, if you want i can help you with it.

feel free to ask any question

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

did they update the bridge ?

i tried with g8f some time ago and following the daz to unreal video on yt 

it all came out weird retargeting to ue4 skeleton

no matter if remapping or not

as i am having so much animations for g2f my goal is making a custom anim blueprint for her

but i am not that far into the engine

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited October 2020

so far i remember we still don't get any "update" since the release of the pluging

remember is important when retargeting to "unreal eskeleton" it must have in the right "pose" both characters you must change the pose and make sure all the "bones are proper" mapped

maybe you can follow this thread

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/371856/a-using-daz-content-in-ue4-thread/p1

also page 2, they are "outdated", because they are made "before" the pluging, but it still have some basic info as the "skeleton map" and others stuffs which maybe can help a little

anyway the basic info is you must check if all the bones are properly "mapped" then check if the "both characters are using the same "reference pose" and when i means "reference' i means ´not "daz character and unreal mannekin but "if let's say you are using a different animations which don't use unreal manequin then you must adjust the "pose" for this character.

in case you are using animations made in daz you don't need the "retarget" animation" this is only if you are "using animations" which are compatible with unreal manequin if you are using animations which are for a another type of character, for exemple mixamo animations then the retarget must be for the "mixamo character bones and pose, not unreal mannequin, if are daz animations then don't need to do anything than just export, but if you plans to use "diferent sources animations, like a unreal manequin compatible, mixed with a mixamo, then you must make sure which at last all of then are based on the same "base reference pose" for retarget.

about the anim blueprint then when you have the "issue fixed we can try to work on that too.

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • Import your character into Blender and try to use the Mr Mannequins Tool. With this plugin it is possible to customize skeletons and place the bones in the correct position.

Any doubts just enter the Discord of the developer that he usually responds and helps.