!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!

Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,085
edited November 2020 in The Commons

Hi,

I'm seeing a lot a of the same issues posted.. please know that everyting is being reported, but it might be some time before everything is ironed out.

Please take a moment before you post to just check and see if it's already been posted, and if it has, then don't worry about repeating it.. we're aware of all the issues and they're being worked through as time/energy allows.

I appreciate this is frustrating.. but please be patient, and it will be sorted ASAP.

CURRENT ISSUES:

There might be browser-specific quirks, and a few other minor things.. but I believe the big show stopping bugs are now sorted.

Store search - still being worked on

Galleries will be back ASAP.

I will add stuff back in as it's brought to my attention.

Latest Updates: 10:00 am, 11/5

We’re getting closer every day to the full expected site experience, and are able to keep making progress on more specific issues that present. As of 9:30 am, 11/5, the following issues have been noted and fixed:

• PC+ coupons now only work once and are live again

• DIM issues with large accounts should now be fixed. At this point, we have resolved each DIM issue that we are aware of. If you are having an issue with DIM, please submit a Customer Service ticket to let us know about what you’re experiencing.

• Gift Card emails have been amended and should send after purchase. Please let Customer Service know if you have not received a Gift Card code you are expecting.

• Artist stores are now all linking correctly

• Daz Artists/PAs should now have new serial numbers for specific PA building products that require them

• The filters in the store are working correctly, so go crazy!

And one more update that’s great news:

• The Movember Render Contest is now open to all international customers, just in case you missed it!

Thank you for your feedback and support, and please keep posting your comments and questions here so we can continue to make sure that each specific issue gets attention.

Thank you for your patience,

— The Daz 3D Technical Support Team

Latest Updates: 12:15 pm, 11/6

We’re getting closer every day to the full expected site experience, and are able to keep making progress on more specific issues that present. As of 12:15 pm, 11/6, the following issues have been noted and fixed:

• Pricing: the wishlist now shows the correct prices for most PC+ Members

• Interactive licenses are showing up in product libraries, for those who have bought them

• Video tutorials are playing throughout the website

• DazCentral tutorials are playing

We’re currently working on the following:

• Credit card details for checkout: requiring to be saved

Once again, the issues in this update, like those in previous updates, are fixed to the best of our knowledge. If these issues are not fixed for you, we do not know that yet, and ask that you submit a Customer Service ticketto let us know about what you are experiencing.

Daz 3D thanks you for your ongoing feedback, and for keeping your comments and questions in this thread so that we can continue to make sure that each specific issue gets attention.

We have also developed a weekend of special gifts and extra savings coming up to thank all Daz users for your patience during our site turnover, so keep your eyes on the sales pages over the weekend and get ready to grab some pretty awesome products.

Latest Updates: 10:15 am 11/9/2020

We were able to work over the weekend on a few updates and should have more updates this week. As of 10:15 am, 11/9, the following issues have been noted and fixed:

• Credit card details for checkout: no longer require you to save to checkout

• Pricing of Daz Original interactive licenses (for items you already own) is showing the correct discount

• PC+ memberships that are not set to auto-renew now show active (instead of canceled) with a note that they will not auto-renew.

• Published Artists should be able to see/use the PA forums

Our major area of focus for today and this week is PC+ memberships. We are aware that some customers who have bought a PC+ membership are not seeing discounts.  This is a top priority for us.  We’ll have more updates on this throughout the week.

Once again, the issues in this update, like those in previous updates, are fixed to the best of our knowledge. If these issues are not fixed for you, we do not know that yet, and ask that you submit a Customer Service ticket to let us know about what you are experiencing.

Daz 3D thanks you for your ongoing feedback, and please direct your comments and questions to the proper Forum Thread so that we can continue to make sure that each specific issue gets attention.

As of 10:55 am, 11/10, the following issues have been noted and fixed:

• Customer Orders have been re-sync'd and should now show all products that are owned in DIM, Product Library and DazCentral. If you still are not seeing the products you own, please reach out to customer support.
  • Fix to a few products including BodyScapes for Genesis 8 Female, which were giving some users a 404 error

Our major area of focus for this week is PC+ memberships. We are aware that some customers who have bought a PC+ membership are not seeing discounts.  This is a top priority for us.  We’ll have more updates on this throughout the week.

Once again, the issues in this update, like those in previous updates, are fixed to the best of our knowledge. If these issues are not fixed for you, we do not know that yet, and ask that you submit a Customer Service ticket to let us know about what you are experiencing.

Daz 3D thanks you for your ongoing feedback, and please direct your comments and questions to the proper Forum Thread so that we can continue to make sure that each specific issue gets attention.

Cheers!

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on

Comments

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Not saying anything related to the site, just want to say that the english language can be funny for a non-native english speaker.

then don't worry about repeating it

I'm reading that as I shouldn't be worried if I repeat something. I.e, please go ahead and repeat things. 

I appreciate this is frustrating

You are thankful/grateful that this is frustrating.  

Don't worry, I understand what you mean. As I said, just wanted to point out how things in english can be read by a foreigner. 

• SempieSempie Posts: 651
    edited November 2020

Yeah.

Will stop posting about things not working (which is currently just about everything anyway)

Will report positive changes, though....

Kudos to the team. Appreciate their efforts.

(And send them out to VOTE!!! today!)

Post edited by Sempie on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,309

Okay, will keep eyes peeled for positive changes as well! 

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

i thought this thread will have a list of all issues so far in OP...

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,293
    Sempie said:

Yeah.

Will stop posting about things not working (which is currently just about everything anyway)

Will report positive changes, though....

Positive change no.1, Now the bridges have manual download links smiley

• I'm sure it's frustrating for Team|Daz as well - thanks for all your efforts in fixing things and wrangling the forum threads at the same time :)

• akmerlow said:

i thought this thread will have a list of all issues so far in OP...

It's exactly that *all issues*.. :)

Pricing etc.. it's all known.  It's only when things start getting fixed, we will refine this a bit more.. but for now, if its broken, we know about it.

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 603
    edited November 2020

Good luck with the store...

Post edited by Unseen on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Hi,

I'm seeing a lot a of the same issues posted.. please know that everyting is being reported, but it might be some time before everything is ironed out.

Please take a moment before you post to just check and see if it's already been posted, and if it has, then don't worry about repeating it.. we're aware of all the issues and they're being worked through as time/energy allows.

I appreciate this is frustrating.. but please be patient, and it will be sorted ASAP.

Cheers!

Maybe moderators should set up a thread with "Known Shop Problems" thread that normal users can't post in? That's the way how some bug reports usually are handled otherwhere, as it makes it way easier to know that a bug one encounters is already known, instead of sifting through a 100 page thread with hundreds posts to trying to find out one found something new..

• Hi,

Cheers!

Maybe moderators should set up a thread with "Known Shop Problems" thread that normal users can't post in? That's the way how some bug reports usually are handled otherwhere, as it makes it way easier to know that a bug one encounters is already known, instead of sifting through a 100 page thread with hundreds posts to trying to find out one found something new..

That's what this thread is for.. but most aren't reading it.. and just posting 'well I haven't read the thread.. but this.. is broken'.

We know the problems... all of them. :)

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

Hi,

Cheers!

That's a good idea. Also, it could be updated with information if the issue has been resolved, and perhaps be locked for others. It might also help to link it in the Blog and facebook, (ideally even on the website itself) were customers with problems would turn to first. it would definitely go a long way in dealing with customer frustration and disappointment over things not working.

• BeeMKay said:

Hi,

Cheers!

That's a good idea. Also, it could be updated with information if the issue has been resolved, and perhaps be locked for others. It might also help to link it in the Blog and facebook, (ideally even on the website itself) were customers with problems would turn to first. it would definitely go a long way in dealing with customer frustration and disappointment over things not working.

Ok, this thread has been edited with the current issues etc.

• Thanks Jack can I ask what will happen will sales byob roll over till the end of this week ? please advise xxx

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

This could do with being Stickied in some way. I missed this and posted in another thread.

Although Stickied threads can get over-looked too

• Thanks Jack can I ask what will happen will sales byob roll over till the end of this week ? please advise xxx

I think the idea is to worry about that when we have the issues sorted.. personally, yes, I'd like to see some re-run when the store is up and functioning.. but that's not solely my shout.  Hopefully though, we can sort that..!

• nicstt said:

This could do with being Stickied in some way. I missed this and posted in another thread.

Although Stickied threads can get over-looked too

Yea, posts are getting overlooked all over the place.. :)

• hjakehjake Posts: 812

Hi,

Cheers!

That's what this thread is for.. but most aren't reading it.. and just posting 'well I haven't read the thread.. but this.. is broken'.

We know the problems... all of them. :)

I agree this thread, without user comments, and regularly updated if there any store or DAZ webpage issues. It should be in the top part of the Commons forum  or better yet in the General section of the forum as its own section.

2020-11-03_083112.png
    1073 x 682 - 58K
    2020-11-03_083132.png
    1187 x 801 - 91K
  • If we dont allow comments, people will just make new threads.. and also, if I move this, I guarantee people wont read it.

The Commons is the most visited.. and hopfully bubbling up the top this will catch all the posts.

• hjakehjake Posts: 812
    edited November 2020

If we dont allow comments, people will just make new threads.. and also, if I move this, I guarantee people wont read it.

The Commons is the most visited.. and hopfully bubbling up the top this will catch all the posts.

Understood. Thank you for replying so quickly.

Why not have both: A blow of the steam thread and a sticky thread in the Commons which just yourself and other DAZ members provide factual information and acknowledgement of ongoing issue. That way people can have their thoughts/opinions shared but pesrons who just want an update on what is going on can zoom to the facts.

I realize you don't make all the decisions and this will require consent by DAZ management to happen, but you can print off all these comments and be an ombudsperson for the masses of opinionated forum members.

Post edited by hjake on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    CURRENT ISSUES:
    [snip]

Everything else

laugh

OK this made me laugh way too much...

• arbee999arbee999 Posts: 104
    Leana said:
    CURRENT ISSUES:
    [snip]

Everything else

laugh

Me also - a typical day at my workplace, and I guess at DAZ this week too laugh

• arbee999 said:
    Leana said:
    CURRENT ISSUES:
    [snip]

Everything else

laugh

Me also - a typical day at my workplace, and I guess at DAZ this week too laugh

I'm not trying to be flippant.. but reaaaaaaaaally trying to keep a positive mental attitude :)

We're all working super hard, I just can't add anything more to that.

• Leana said:
    CURRENT ISSUES:
    [snip]

Everything else

laugh

Me too lol. 

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799

Sorry to report that the new store software escaped from my computer, ate everything in the fridge, left its dirty dishes in the sink and chased the cats round the house for an hour. It also hit on my girlfriend, left the cap off the toothpaste tube, and finally ran out the front door with all my credit cards and my favorite jacket, muttering vague threats about coming back later. I think it has a copy of my keys, so I'm getting the locks changed.

WHEN ARE DAZ GOING TO FIX THIS?

• Once again Thanks Jack, its mid afternoon in the UK I will leave you in peace and go play with um yeah Daz Studio for a while xxx and that could be hours :) Thank goodness you have a sense of humour in your job Jack. This overhaul must have been a major nightmare, I broke a forum decoding it once never again will I play with XML coding or HTML

• Sorry to report that the new store software escaped from my computer, ate everything in the fridge, left its dirty dishes in the sink and chased the cats round the house for an hour. It also hit on my girlfriend, left the cap off the toothpaste tube, and finally ran out the front door with all my credit cards and my favorite jacket, muttering vague threats about coming back later. I think it has a copy of my keys, so I'm getting the locks changed.

I'll just add it to the list ;)

• VoxxaVoxxa Posts: 64
    edited November 2020

Speaking of "Known Shop Problems",there are other problems that also are underr that category. But the people in the support desk won't let you know until you've purchased the item. The store itself doesn't mention a single word about it. After that you e.g. get the "duplicate formula" errors that seemingly everyone encounter as a DAZ Studio user.
    The most vital thing to me as a user, is that Daz Studio's teething problems are being fixed. Freezes and crashes are mentioned on the DAZ3D formum I'm in on a daily basis. When I contact the support desk about yet another problem, it usually takes weeks for them to answer. The latest example is a ticket I posted in mid July that was replied in mid of October (!!). Focus on that more than the shop.

Post edited by Voxxa on
  • LucielLuciel Posts: 475

Sorry to report that the new store software escaped from my computer, ate everything in the fridge, left its dirty dishes in the sink and chased the cats round the house for an hour. It also hit on my girlfriend, left the cap off the toothpaste tube, and finally ran out the front door with all my credit cards and my favorite jacket, muttering vague threats about coming back later. I think it has a copy of my keys, so I'm getting the locks changed.

Most important question, did it leave the toilet seat up or down? (and is there a toilet seat still??)

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

I'm just so glad I'm not in the DAZ team's shoes right now... indecision

• I suspect you know about this but "just in case" ... in our Product Libraries, for any of the Bundles, the list of products is AWOL. And last I checked, so are the order numbers on the Product Pages in Product Libraries.

This discussion has been closed.