Hexagon work on IMac Catalina???

Will Hexagon work on IMac Catalina 10.15.6 (well i know its not working right now), I just got a new computer and installed through the installer but when i try to open app, it tells me the developers need to update, cantact developers.

Help! I build all my models in this app!!!

Comments

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799

Hexagon for Mac is a 32-bit application, which won't run on Catalina. As far as I know, there's no information on when or if DAZ will ship a 64-bit version.

You will need either to drop back to an earlier version of MacOS -- Hexagon should run on Mojave, the version before Catalina -- or consider using virtualization software such as Parallels to run the Windows version on your Mac. If you have a new computer, running an earlier version of the OS may not be an option (typically, you're limited to the version that your Mac shipped with, or later), leaving the Windows-under-virtualization route as the only way to go. I haven't tried Hexagon specifically, but my experience has been that DAZ software mostly runs pretty well in a virtualized Windows.

The Hexagon forum has a thread giving the latest information about the Hexagon beta.

• I believe that you can also virtualize old MacOS's in Parallels. Might be an other approach.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579

Thanks I downloaded Blender and started learning that. Dosnt look like Daz is answering any question I've sent in.

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167

Hexagon for Mac is a 32-bit application, which won't run on Catalina. As far as I know, there's no information on when or if DAZ will ship a 64-bit version.

You will need either to drop back to an earlier version of MacOS -- Hexagon should run on Mojave, the version before Catalina --

Hexagon does not run under Mojave either. We've been waiting around 3 years so far for Daz to catch us Mac users up with the Windows users. Given the non-response whenever this is asked, it should come out about the same time as the 3rd book of the Kingkiller Trilogy. IOW, never.

• Hexagon was running for me in Mojave, but it's still 32 bit. Until a 64 bit Mac version comes out, we're out of luck. And now, I can't seem to launch DS in Big Sur, so... who knows? Maybe Daz thinks the Mac market just isn't there. •shrugs*

• Big Sur maybe the bigger question. This update seems to be a problem for many Developers.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579

Just checking in to see if any news... I sarted working in the new blender, so far once you find the basics it much like Hexagon. So I'll play alittle more with modeling. And I'll move on to mapping next. There new videos on utube make it easy to learn the basics, highly recomend to any one tying to adapt to the no Hexagon on the new Macs.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

vagabondallen said:

Hexagon was running for me in Mojave, but it's still 32 bit. Until a 64 bit Mac version comes out, we're out of luck. And now, I can't seem to launch DS in Big Sur, so... who knows? Maybe Daz thinks the Mac market just isn't there. •shrugs*

DS is not compatible with MacOS Big Sur,  They are hoping that they will have a compatible version about June/July time.  As for Hexagon I give up on waiting for them to release a 64bit version for the Mac (concidering windows users have had a 64bit version for quite some time) 

• rekhrekh Posts: 7

If you're on a Mac, there's something for you. Updated twice in the past couple of weeks...

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 2.38.15 PM.png
    1368 x 870 - 162K