Exporting Just Clothing with Morphs

encryption767encryption767 Posts: 3
edited December 2020 in Unreal Discussion

I am trying to set up a system in my game where you can customize your character including body shape and be able to fit different armor and clothes on them and I can get the base female and male meshes in to Unreal no problem with working morph targets but exporting clothes and armor I make for these characters without the base mesh is proving difficult. Trying to hide the female or male geometry and opening the FBX dialogue to exclude hidden just crashes Unreal Engine on import. If someone has found a good way of doing this would you mind sharing it with me?

I can not reply for some reason. Anyways I can export the clothing by it self sure but it comes with none of the body morphs from the character it is fit to. For example if I export just a bra fitted to a Genesis 8 Female then it will only export morphs specific to the bra and none of the body morphs like weight or bodybuilder ect.

Post edited by encryption767 on

Comments

• You would, I think, need to bake the morphs into the clothing (for the most part they are geenrated on the fly in DS). Do as you are now, fit the clothes to the morphed figure and hide everything but (one piece of) the clothing, export as OBJ, and repeat for the othger morphs. Zero the figure, then with the clothing selected Edit>Figure>Clear generated Morphs, then use Morph Loader to bring the exported OBJs in as new morphs. Those morphs should then export in the normal way.

• David Vodhanel said:

I think what you want is this: http://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-exporting-clothing-or-hair-separate-from-the-figure/ ;

It exports the clothing but doesn't add the morphs I need for it to work. For example, if I export a bra then it will only export the morphs specifically for the bra but none of the body morphs from the Genesis 8 Female like Heavy or Bodybuilder. This is were I am having big issues here. 

• Maybe I broke it.  Going to give it a test.

• I'm seeing the same thing, the morph list isn't matching up.  I'm almost positive it used to.  I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow and see what's going on.

• David Vodhanel said:

I'm seeing the same thing, the morph list isn't matching up.  I'm almost positive it used to.  I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow and see what's going on.

Thank you! It would be very helpful for clothing and such to be a one click solution like the male and female meshes. :) 

• Just wanted to let you know I did a hack fix that seems to work locally.  I need to do it correctly and do some testing before I check it in though.

• Sounds promising. One thing to look out for is to make sure that even though the morphs are on the list, sometimes it seems that the ones imported to Unreal doesn't match up completely. Seems like Daz tries to pick and choose morphs to really export based on if they were adjusted or not. Kinda weird behavior.

• I just checked in a fix.

• So far every morph I have needed to adjust has been there. That's awesome so thank you for looking in to this so quickly!