Not possibe to install bryce content over the install manager

support_ad4c4215support_ad4c4215 Posts: 4
edited December 2020 in Bryce Discussion

Hi,

it is not possibe to install bryce content over the install manager. I ordered bryce 7 pro. The manuall installers worked but 2 contents that install over the DAZ Install Manager only, can not download and install. DAZ start but some seconds after the progress bar hidden. I mean this content.

Daz Studio
IM00011034-01_Bryce7ProContent.zip     14.6 MB
Daz Studio
IM00011035-01_Bryce7Content.zip     571 MB   

Post edited by support_ad4c4215 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2020

It is actually better not to use DIM to install Bryce,  Download and install manually is advised   Horo has a helpful PDF avaliable

https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Hi,

the problem is that one content is not able to download or install without Install Manager.

See the attachment:

bryce-content.jpg
    961 x 531 - 71K
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,794

I had the same thing when I first started installing Bryce again.  I think that it's the install manager version of the manual zip beneath it.  Will be nice to find out it that is what it is or not.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

The type is wrong, Bryce is NOT Daz Studio. Submit a ticket to the zendesk (https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and don't forget to Sign In first. It appears that things got messed up with the new store.

edited December 2020

Horo said:

The type is wrong, Bryce is NOT Daz Studio. Submit a ticket to the zendesk (https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and don't forget to Sign In first. It appears that things got messed up with the new store.

This is truly getting ridiculous.  Bad enough when they started labelling all the Poser stuff as DS,  now they are doing it with Bryce.

Have contacted Daz about this

Post edited by Chohole on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 2020

Chohole said:

Horo said:

This is truly getting ridiculous.  Bad enough when they started labelling all the Poser stuff as DS,  now they are doing it with Bryce.

It is like this from the beginning of the new store ... Bryce, Carrara, Poser (in alphabetical order) - everything is called "Type DazStudio". The label isn't the problem here.

It's the fact that the bryce7content file is only available as "Install manager ready", not as a "manual" download. Of course you can download that through DIM and then unzip and install manually (I am always doing that, even with DazStudio content) ... but it is unnerving, that is true.

Post edited by Kerya on

Kerya said:

Chohole said:

Horo said:

It is like this from the beginning of the new store ... Bryce, Carrara, Poser (in alphabetical order) - everything is called "Type DazStudio". The label isn't the problem here.

It's the fact that the bryce7content file is only available as "Install manager ready", not as a "manual" download. Of course you can download that through DIM and then unzip and install manually (I am always doing that, even with DazStudio content) ... but it is unnerving, that is true.

I have never had DIM installed.   always use manual downloads

Chohole said:

Kerya said:

Chohole said:

Horo said:

I am using DIM because I wouldn't get information about updated products otherwise.

In this case you couldn't even download the Bryce7content and the Bryce7ProContent files ...

Kerya said:

Chohole said:

Kerya said:

Chohole said:

Horo said:

I am using DIM because I wouldn't get information about updated products otherwise.

In this case you couldn't even download the Bryce7content and the Bryce7ProContent files ...

Which is why I reported it to Daz  (yet again)

Chohole said:

Kerya said:

Chohole said:

Kerya said:

Chohole said:

Horo said:

Which is why I reported it to Daz  (yet again)

Isn't that fun? wink