Sending G2 Geo-Graft to Hexagon?

Im hoping someone can help me with this. Ive been experimenting with making G2 "manifold" in hexagon for the purpose of 3d printing. Recently, I discovered the G2 3D printing Geo-Graft which takes alot of the work out of this process by removing eyelashes, sealing the mouth cavity and teeth, removing the tounge, and so forth. The problem that im having is that when I send G2 and the geograft to Hexagon, it loads them as seperate objects completely undoing the entire manifold fix. Is there some preperation process that I need to do before sending them across the bridge to hexagon?

Thanks

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,009
    edited January 2021

Geografts are D/S specific options. {don't work as such in any other program}

For 3D printing - assuming the uvmaps won't matter, you could do some cutting and welding and physically make the figure all one piece. {in which case pose it in D/S first as the end result will be an .obj or .stl file?}

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Catherine3678ab said:

Geografts are D/S specific options. {don't work as such in any other program}

For 3D printing - assuming the uvmaps won't matter, you could do some cutting and welding and physically make the figure all one piece. {in which case pose it in D/S first as the end result will be an .obj or .stl file?}

Yes, that was the eventual conclusion that I came to. The geo graft did have one benefit in hexegon however. It was alot easier to delete the g2 geography of the teeth, tongue, etc. without having to worry about modifying it for the purposes of manifold. All I had to do was weld the geograft to G2 and then join vertices. It was a faster option than doing all the work on g2.