Something has gone wrong.

I can no longer login to the forums using my main account (algovincian), and I've created this additional account in order to post this message in the forums. I keep getting the error message below:

I *think* I have managed to file a ticket, but never received an auto response. Below is the info in the ticket in the hopes that somebody has come across something similar and has a solution.

It would be great if this didn't take weeks for the ticket to be addressed before I regained access to the forums on my main account - thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide!

- Greg

Request #363144

Forums Error Message

All of the sudden yesterday afternoon when trying to view the forums I got an error message (see attached) saying:

Something has gone wrong. We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now. Please check back in a little while.

It's about 12 hours later now and I'm still getting the same thing, though I'm able to log into the store. It seems like my account is OK (I can see my orders, store credit, etc.). I've tried a hard refresh, logging out, closing the browser and re-launching and logging back in but I still get the same message. I'm on Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 (Ocial Build) (64-bit) running under 64-bit Windows 7.

If I launch an incognito window and go to daz3d.com, I am able to login. It takes me to a dashboard page but as soon as I click on forums in the menu bar I get the same message.

If I launch an incognito window and go to daz3d.com but don't login, I am able to view the forums (not logged in).

If I launch a normal browser window and go to daz3d.com, I am able to login. It takes me to a dashboard page but as soon as I click on forums in the menu bar I get the same message.

If I launch a normal browser window and go to daz3d.com but don't login I get the same message as soon as I click on forums in the menu bar.

Greg Smith Today at 03:37 error-message.png (6 MB)

Just tried on a different computer running Firefox and received the same error message. Also tried it on my iPhone (Safari) and got the same error message, too.

Greg Smith Today at 07:12

In case it's relevant, I was also able to place 2 orders and am currently logged into DIM, and am currently downloading the les. It appears to be an issue specic to logging in to the forums. 

Greg Smith Today at 07:26

Comments

• I have flagged this so a moderator will see it.

• This isn't something we can help with, it's going to be store-side.

• ElieElie Posts: 9

I do have the same problem. It happened on Jan 1st. I filed a ticket  on Jan 2, got the auto response but no news since.

When logged in to my usual account I can go to the store, to my account but get the same message as you when trying to go to any forum.

• Try Firefox? Browsers have been updating lately, maybe there's a change affecting matters. Some will not do both the forum and store software.

So far on Firefox I can access both store and forum.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I contacted customer service on your behalf, since you seem to be in some kind of limbo. I hope it helps.

Thank you.

Firefox (latest version) is my usual browser. Tried Opera and Chrome, same problem.

Thank you.

Firefox is my usual browser. Right now I am on Opera (doesn't work with my original account) but I have problems to post. 

Just tried Chrome and I get the something wrong message too.

• Thanks so much, @Barbult and everyone else for the replies - much appreciated.

@Catherine3678ab - I've tried Chrome and Firefox on 2 different boxes, and Safari on my phone so far. Same results on all so it seems to be related to my account.

@this-is-xmasrose - I'll be sure to post back here with any more info if it comes my way and would appreciate it if you would so the same.

- Greg

Thank you both.

I answered your post but it still didn't go through.

I am posting this on Opera. My usual browser is Firefox. But I get the same message when going to the forum and logged in to my usual account wether on Firefox, Opera or Chrome.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

this-is-xmasrose said:

I answered your post but it still didn't go through.

Please note  that as you are using temp accounts they will not post immediately as they are maintained in a queue until released by a moderator
    We do apologise for the inconvenience.

• NOTICE: My real identity is MelanieL.

I have had exactly the same problem since January 2nd. I tried different browsers, different hardware (a tablet where I'd never signed on the Daz before) but always I get that error image that Algovincian posted. My access to the store is fine (I've made a couple of purchases), it's just as soon as the Forum tries to log me in I get that error.

I too raised a support ticket (#362981) - I had the automatic email acknowledgment, but nothing else yet.

I've been "getting by" using Incognito browsing, but it's really a pain (always going to page 1 of each thread, unable to open full-sized attachment images, ...) and worst I of course don;t have access to the PC+ Forum.

I was delighted to run across this thread just now - I hadn't thought of creating a new id! Willing to put up with the queued posts for now, just to be able to see other people's posts properly.

Sorry for the repeated posts! blush

• Just to reassure you    Daz is aware and is working on it.

• Ok, the issue seems to be related to your identity, ie. the information stored about your activity and since the problem affected two different computers in two locations, using different browsers and ISP:s, the user information that is causing problems must be stored at DAZ instead of the users computer.

In incognito mode you could read the messages, but if you tried to log in, you briefly saw the message "Signing in" before you were sent to "Oops..."

In my case, the Forums stopped working on Saturday Jan. 2nd at around 9pm finnish time (GMT+2/around noon DAZ time) while I was writing a message to the Forums.

Has anyone had their forum account fixed yet?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

I doubt it. Notice I'm using one of my old account handles here now too. {for those that wonder why some have multiple accounts, there never was a way to merge them and there never was a way to contact support without having one}

No change!

• Nope I'm still having the same issue. I assume that since my post count is still 0, that means this account is still in "trial" mode? How long does that last?

Also, should I be looking to make this acount my new main account? I'd really rather not given everything that is tied to my main account, but realistically, if it's never going to be fixed . . .

- Greg

• I-am-ChoI-am-Cho Posts: 22
    edited January 2021

imagesnotwords said:

Nope I'm still having the same issue. I assume that since my post count is still 0, that means this account is still in "trial" mode? How long does that last?

Also, should I be looking to make this acount my new main account? I'd really rather not given everything that is tied to my main account, but realistically, if it's never going to be fixed . . .

- Greg

They are still investigating,   and you can bet your bottom dollar that I am chasing them quite regularly.   I am having to use 2 different browsers,  and that is not something I want to keep up for long.   I am happy with my normal browser
    I have the forum etc on one browser and do everything else on my normal one..  Most annoying to have to keep jumping from one to the other. 

On the other hand  Annie  ( the smaller of my two cats) seems to be enjoying her time substituting for my normal avatar.

Post edited by I-am-Cho on
  • ImMelanieLImMelanieL Posts: 21
    edited January 2021

No change here either - I'm going the two-browser route too, which is a bit of a pain, and I really hope we can get back to normal soon (I wonder what I'm missing in the PC+ forum).

ETA: I just noticed that my post count is non-zero, so I guess the answer is no more than 12 posts before getting out of "trial" mode.

Post edited by ImMelanieL on
    edited January 2021

ImMelanieL said:

No change here either - I'm going the two-browser route too, which is a bit of a pain, and I really hope we can get back to normal soon (I wonder what I'm missing in the PC+ forum).

ETA: I just noticed that my post count is non-zero, so I guess the answer is no more than 12 posts before getting out of "trial" mode.

It's variable.  depends when we decide to be kind  muwhahaha.  Seriously it is normally 5 posts or a confirmed purchase.  so 5 posts minimum. and it can be manually controlled, so I have made everyone who has posted here as verified members.    

• ImMelanieLImMelanieL Posts: 21
    edited January 2021

Ah, I must have missed the changeover point - I thought I saw it still zero earlier today. (Although I did start being able to post immediately after about the first 5 posts).

ETA: I just noticed you are an "Administrator" - so loss of access is not restricted to we plebs?!

Post edited by ImMelanieL on

As far as I can surmise, I-am-Cho is Chohole. So even administrators are affected.

• catherine3678catherine3678 Posts: 7
    edited January 2021

ImMelanieL said:

With one of those wonderful Daz3D moments, using yet another ancient account - I took a look-see. We're not missing much.

I made a post in the PC Forums to answer a question directed at me ... and apparently my ancient account had been reset as a "new" account ... so maybe the "new" mod could get this handle back on the list too, thank you ;-)

Apparently the "new" account gets a 50% off of that exercise bundle which may or not be of any value to folk as "new" accounts are not normally the same price as our established PC accounts might [i.e. if receiving discounts for being the owners of 1/2 the set already type thing].

Post edited by catherine3678 on
  • imagesnotwords said:

Nope I'm still having the same issue. I assume that since my post count is still 0, that means this account is still in "trial" mode? How long does that last?

- Greg

No I wouldn't think so. They are aware of the problem(s) and working to get them fixed as quickly as can be done [my paraphrase]. 

• I got a response to my tickets on saturday (we know), but so far no luck getting in to the Forum with my "real" name.

edited January 2021

Please note 

I-am-Cho said:

They are still investigating,   and you can bet your bottom dollar that I am chasing them quite regularly.   I am having to use 2 different browsers,  and that is not something I want to keep up for long.   I am happy with my normal browser
    I have the forum etc on one browser and do everything else on my normal one..  Most annoying to have to keep jumping from one to the other. 

On the other hand  Annie  ( the smaller of my two cats) seems to be enjoying her time substituting for my normal avatar.

• barbult said:

As far as I can surmise, I-am-Cho is Chohole. So even administrators are affected.

Wow, so it actually happened to Chohole during the life of this thread! (She posted as herself a few posts up from here).

And thanks Catherine/Patience for taking a look at the PC+ Forum - if it's quiet right now then I guess it might spring into life a little more tomorrow with the new releases due.

• ImMelanieL said:

barbult said:

Wow, so it actually happened to Chohole during the life of this thread! (She posted as herself a few posts up from here).

And thanks Catherine/Patience for taking a look at the PC+ Forum - if it's quiet right now then I guess it might spring into life a little more tomorrow with the new releases due.

Yes,  it does prove that it can affect anyone.    

• Same thing here! It started last night - now 24h ago. I also created a new account to write here. How crazy is that!

Hope someone will rescue our lost souls ;) Can we do something?