Updates???

used Bryce for years, but in the last year textures disappear from saved models and now, Im assuming with the flashplayer loss, renders are just background sky...no models.  is this the end of Bryce or are there updates to counter this?

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754

Well, updates have not been for many years now. But there is still a group of active users that use and explore the possibilities of Bryce. I have no experience with textures disappearing from models. So, the end is not there yet, but hopes for updates are very limited.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,807

I haven't had any issues with textures disappearing.  Strange.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,107

No textures disappeared and I'm using Win2000, XP, 7 and 10.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

jlgatch said:

used Bryce for years, but in the last year textures disappear from saved models and now, Im assuming with the flashplayer loss, renders are just background sky...no models.  is this the end of Bryce or are there updates to counter this?

What format did you save your models in?
    If you answer this question, I will give the reason. 

• Slepalex, these are coming out of the saved objects libraries...the obp files...ok, now this is weird...after a year of textures disappearing, and the render issue, I just loaded up a model and it rendered fine and the textures have returned.  I'm assuming it had something to do with windows updates...using 10 and the issue started after their usual rounds of updates.  I have no explanation for the sudden revival, but I'm glad its finally back.  but if you have any thoughts on why this would happen, I'd be happy to hear them in case it happens again.