Flash Player

Anyone know what to install in order to get libraries to appear in Poser 10?  Flashplayer demise has rendered (pun intended) poser useless

Comments

• MartirillaMartirilla Posts: 172
    edited January 2021

First you check you have the latest Smith Micro SR service-release for that version. These are archived via links on the Renderosity forums.  The problem with the Library arose in 2013 because the big Windows 8.1 upgrade caused problems with the first version, because it also shipped the Internet Explorer 11 browser with it, and this caused the Libraries in Poser to fail. The Library used the Flash in Internet Explorer, which is now far from ideal.  Poser 11 junked Flash and started over with a new Library framework.

If updating to the last service-release patch doesn't fix it, then I would try the PZDB 1.2 third-part Library. 1.2 is cheaper than 1.3, and is the one you want if you're only working with Poser.

Post edited by Martirilla on
  • Looking on the HiveWire forums suggests another cause. Adobe has banned all Flash code from playing, full-stop. That may be what has happened for you.

In that case, you either....

1) switch to the Poser Pro version of Poser 10, if still available to you, and switch this to the Pro-only Adobe Air Library.  So far as I know Adobe Air is still viable and reasonably secure. Pro users also had the option to have the Library panel as free-floating, which also seemed to cure the Flash problem.

2) get the $80 NeoWin Poser 11 Pro deal, and upgrade to Poser 11 ASAP while you can (before Poser 12 comes out).

3) get a third-party Library, of which PZDB is the best. Though, in Poser 10, one of the old Python-based third-part Library systems should work. If one can still be found for sale. The XL Content Library is mentioned.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

There is a freeware:

https://www.senosoft.com/softp3do.php

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

I don't have Poser 10, so I haven't tried this, but this is from the Poser Forum at R'osity...

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2956792

Open your Poser.ini found in your settings normally in

AppData/Roaming/Poser Pro/ "Version of Poser"

Open the Poser.ini with Preferable Notepad ++ Free software. Activate in search Incremental search ! search for the line

LIBRARY_IS_AIR 0 and replace with LIBRARY_IS_AIR 1

LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0 and replace to LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 1

Editing the file with Notepad will work.  I expect it may prompt you to install Adobe Air when Poser is started...

• KitanjiKitanji Posts: 31

Good Day Everyone - WandW post is correct regarding the post in the Renderosity forum as it was mine :)    

I also submitted a Tweet to PoserPro and Adobe as well due to the many questions I've viewed on FaceBook regarding the removal of FlashPlayer by Adobe which in my opinion was wrong, considering there are still programs which use FP.  

I'm also including snapshots of what your libraries look like when you update the ini. file. I'm able to confirm I was able to view and use the content in the libraries. 

Poser10_look.JPG
    341 x 457 - 32K
    poser10_thumbs.JPG
    243 x 342 - 22K
  • "I'm able to confirm I was able to view and use the content in the libraries. "

That's interesting. So are you saying that a Poser Pro 2014 unofficial registry fix also works for Poser 10 (Standard)? In terms of enabling a supposedly 'Pro only' feature, by moving the Library to Adobe Air from Flash?

• KitanjiKitanji Posts: 31

I've received feedback from FB members who use Poser 10 and it works for them.  The script fix was specifically for Poser 10 which utilizes the same setup for libraries as PP2014.  

• Jan_ScrapperJan_Scrapper Posts: 351
    edited January 2021

Thank you guys so very much!!!  What a shock to open Poser Pro 2014 (I use both Poser and Daz Studio) and see this symbol!!!

Editing the Poser.ini files got my library got.  I have not used it at all, but I see it!!!

Post edited by Jan_Scrapper on