Error with jpg image imports on Mac (Blue tinted images)

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited April 2013 in Bryce Discussion

Dan Whiteside posted this work round for problems like this

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=38&aid=47305_d5G0orF49hXVM1NE3f8E&board_id=1

Really nasty Mac bug - the best bet is to use B6 and save out and load in B7, but you can also load images via DAZ Studio or any app that exports .OBJ/MTL.

I create a cube in DS and apply the image and then use the Bryce Bridge to take it over to B7. This correcly loads the image in the Pict Editor. I then copy the cube and paste it into the scene I’m working on and can then be applied to other objects.

Same thing with.OBJ import.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• thepbutrthepbutr Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

My Name Is PHONGSAK Nickname OODY......Thailand
    Thanku so much about your suggestion....That's avery useful.....Cause i,ve try to solve it for many days ...As your suggestion I,ve Change to work on Window 7
    (2 Partitions on my IMC) and save it then open and import on IMAC.....It's work and I,m so happy about it

Post edited by thepbutr on
  • ts_44887b2df4ts_44887b2df4 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Hi,

for all who suffer from this ridiculous bug as I do ... today I discovered a workaround which works from wiithin Bryce itself.

All you need is a terrain (which usually you do). Then enter the Terrain Editor and goto the Picture Tab. From there click Load and choose the picture you want use in the Picture List (BTW the picture will load distorted ... but don't worry). Then click on Copy and Cancel the Terrain Editor. Goto the Picture Editor and Paste it in any slot of your choice. Voila ... here it is.

Another problem is how to get a picture into one of the empty slots. Well, usually Bryce comes with the first two picture slots populated. I found out when you choose Save List and then Load List ... it appends the pictures to the existing ones. Doing so, you will be able to populate a bunch of slots which you may edit individually after.

Last but not least blame DAZ for doing such a bad job on this component and even worse they weren't able to even fix it for months or years by know. Bought Bryce a couple of months ago ... but this bug is really a show stopper which prevented me to do any more serious.

Regards.

• ts_44887b2df4ts_44887b2df4 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Hi,

for all who suffer from this ridiculous bug as I do ... today I discovered a workaround which works from wiithin Bryce itself.

All you need is a terrain (which usually you do). Then enter the Terrain Editor and goto the Picture Tab. From there click Load and choose the picture you want use in the Picture List (BTW the picture will load distorted ... but don’t worry). Then click on Copy and Cancel the Terrain Editor. Goto the Picture Editor and Paste it in any slot of your choice. Voila ... here it is.

Another problem is how to get a picture into one of the empty slots. Well, usually Bryce comes with the first two picture slots populated. I found out when you choose Save List and then Load List ... it appends the pictures to the existing ones. Doing so, you will be able to populate a bunch of slots which you may edit individually after.

Last but not least blame DAZ for doing such a bad job on this component and even worse that it hasn't been fixed since months or years by know. Bought Bryce a couple of months ago ... but this bug is really a show stopper which prevented me to do any more serious work with it.

Regards.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moved your other comment over here, this thread was made sticky to save people having to look for old threads on the subject.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 420
    edited October 2013

Just came across this terrain method of fixing the blue mac problem (Thanks Caustics). Ingenious. The daz studio direction worked but was way too tedious for me so I lost interest in Bryce. Now I can get busy in Bryce once again.

Post edited by wscottart on
  • zroqzroq Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

blue buggy pictures on material import in bryce 7 mac...

maybe this is the best solution ;
    gather all your selfmade materials that you would like to use,
    than import all these in bryce 5.5 free version, find it on the net if you don't have it .
    or use a pc bryce version , just any version that you maybe have extra somewhere.

export now your materials as a list.

import this list in bryce 7 .
    and the blue bug is gone
    funny enough the blue bug doesn't appear when you import your materials as a list...

are we lucky or what !

i suspect bryce will never update anymore.

• CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

zroq said:
    blue buggy pictures on material import in bryce 7 mac...

maybe this is the best solution ;
    gather all your selfmade materials that you would like to use,
    than import all these in bryce 5.5 free version, find it on the net if you don't have it .
    or use a pc bryce version , just any version that you maybe have extra somewhere.

EDIT

It's been a long time since I installed Bryce, but, it seems to me, even if you do find it on the Internet someplace, don't you have to have a key to register even the free version. I understand they aren't issuing those anymore. Someone, please jump in and correct me if I am wrong.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes all versions need a key, and there is currently no legal free version of Bryce.