"No node" error on importing environments

Has anyone else experieced the error "No node - import failed" when importing environments to Unreal using the bridge? Previously, they worked fine, but the error started recently. The error appears to be on the Daz end, as a manual imort gives me te same error, but manually exporting, and importing (the old fashioned way) doesn't throw up the error.

(Characters import fine, I've not tried individual props).

I'm running the latest releases of everything, and this is on a fresh install.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi Senor_Monkey

Yes, I've had that issue, I believe it is because there's not an actual object that all the parts of the environment are parented to.  What I've done is to place an actual object (like a primitive, a cube for example), make it really small, then move all the objects under it, then export it using the plugin, so far it has worked...

• Coo, thank you! I'll try that :)

• 3DMinh3DMinh Posts: 218

Hi,

Can you help me to fix this problem. I have the same issue and I don't know how to solve it. When you say place a primitive and then place all objects under it, do you mean in the Scene node list or actually move all object below the primitive in the scene?

Thank you.

Best regards,

minh

• 3DMinh said:

Hi,

Can you help me to fix this problem. I have the same issue and I don't know how to solve it. When you say place a primitive and then place all objects under it, do you mean in the Scene node list or actually move all object below the primitive in the scene?

Thank you.

Best regards,

minh

In the Scene pane

• 3DMinh3DMinh Posts: 218

Richard Haseltine said:

3DMinh said:

Hi,

Thank you.

Best regards,

minh

In the Scene pane

Thanks. I'll try it.