presets made with bryce 7 pro don't work with bryce 7 PLE

Osiris9Osiris9 Posts: 2
edited January 2021 in Bryce Discussion

I havent used bryce 7 in over a year and Ive reecently changed my hard drive and have bryce ple on that drive so I copied my presets from my bryce 7 pro from the old hard drive to the new one with bryce ple and now only the presets I made in the PLE bryce show up but not the ones from bryce 7 pro, its really frustrating because I thought they were virtually the same program.

Post edited by Osiris9 on

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

I moved presets from my Bryce 5 over to my Bryce 7.1 pro and they work.  I don't know anything about PLE.  Hope that you find an answer.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Do you mean they don't work, or they don't show up at all?  Do the presets made in PLE have a ,br7 extension?  If you're no longer using the B7Pro from the old hard drive, can you check if the Pro serial number turns the PLE version into Pro?

• Ah yes Ive just tryed changing the serial code and yes it works, the missing presets are now showing up, thankyou very much, ive learnt something new about bryce now lol

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

Well, that was cool.  Glad that it worked.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

I've never had any problems with B5 mats in B7. But some of the B5 objects "OBP" from the create library will crash B7