Bryce renders HDRI images?

i heard in a tutorial.

is it true?

hdri format.  how many color bits?

Thankssmiley

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

I've used HDRI images for the sky but others have used HDRI images to create landscapes.  I'm not sure exactly where you are wanting to use the HDRI.  Someone will be by to explain who knows the ins and outs of HDRI.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,038

I have used Bryce to make HDR images and have used some in Studio. @horo posted how to do it a few years ago.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

An HDRI is a high dynamic range image (96 bit). To use it for image based light in a 3D application (Daz Studio, Carrara, Bryce, etc) it must be a spherical panorama. So there are two things to get right: spherical panorama and high dynamic range.
    Create an HDRI from a Bryce sky and export it as HDR, OpenEXR or TIFF and 96 bit spherical. Even if the sun is visible, this will not be a true HDRI because it is 48 bit converted to 96. You can also export a render as HDRI, again only 48 bit stretched to 96. You should render the same scene a few times with different light settings to emulate different exposure times of a photo camera, export each as 48 bit TIF and combine them into a true 96 bit image using Picturenaut (free).
    Bryce cannot render a spherical panorama directly. The panorama option is for a cylindric one. You can put tne Spherical Mapper (available here, but not free) in front of the camera and get a spherical render. You can also render the 6 sides of a cube and assemble them to a spherical panorama, that also needs an external program.
    There are tutorials that come with Bryce (since 6.1) and I have a couple of web-pages and PDFs on my website that should help you to get completely confused ...

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thank you very much.  96 is a lot of bits  lol

i remember picturenaut, been a few years.