Brycers, link your galleries...

akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
edited February 2021 in Bryce Discussion

Hi, long time no see! Gallery section of this site is back (see details here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/472221/new-daz-3d-gallery-launches/p1 ) but it's a bit w.i.p. curently, and also old links to images or authors do not work (for example,  wanted to take a look at Deiter Carlton's works once again but even google search didn't help me, just got redirect to main page of galleries instead).

So, well, please post links to your galleries here so we can go and see them. Also, i would kindly insist that you all don't forget adding a tag  "Bryce" or "Bryce3d" so your works are reachable through tag display.

Like in this work by Slepalex https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/category/bryce#image=1031136 it leads to this "bryce" tag https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/category/bryce that you can browse.

Or like this https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/category/bryce3d#image=1114226 by mermaid010 leading being tagged with "bryce3d" https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/category/bryce3d .

In old gallery it was just enough to list Bryce as used product, or mention it in description. But in current gallery, at least without built-in search, we shall rely on tags for better connectivity, i think. So please consider making it a new habit.

P.S.

In current version of gallery it shows "most popular images" as pretty large images on the top. So don't shy away and scroll down to see all, with pages etc.

Post edited by akmerlow on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited February 2021

akmerlow - I have a banner and noticed that the link to the gallery does not work (to the Store and website it does). I edited it but the banner only appears if logged-in. In Waterfox the gallery does not work correctly (not only my link) but in Firefox, Firefox Portable and Chrome it works now - provided you are logged in.

EDIT to add: If your entry has a Tag (XYZ) you can enter XYZ as category: e.g.: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/category/xyz. If you enter "cube" as "XYZ" you will find renders with a cube, if you enter space, space renders ....

Post edited by Horo on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited February 2021

Yeah i just propose to catalogize us a bit in this topic for easy access.

-

Another thing i noticed, when looking at your gallery, Horo, is that if you switch pages on main page of your gallery, it stops really doing anything at some point (aka, page 5 and page 7 display same images). But if you browse albums ("landscape" one, for example) it seems to be working, aka i managed to see your works from 2014 etc.

Post edited by akmerlow on
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 398

I let my domain expire a year ago. So I just linked my Daz gallery to my motto name. Not much there guess I sould upload more.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

If anyone wants to make any comments/ bug reports or feature requests about the Galleries there is a big long thread over in the Commons which is being monitired and all the feedback passed on to Daz     https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/472221/new-daz-3d-gallery-launches/p1

edited February 2021

Follow up post    possible feature requests   A Bryce Category  ( and of course also  a Carrara one )      And  a landscape genre,   Bryce is sold as a landscape program, although we all know it does far more   but there isn't a category or genre for landscape art.
    Don't let them try to persuade you that there is an environement category.   about 70% of images are tagged as environement,  even the ones with a single, scantily dressed, figure on a bit of floor is deemed to be environement.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955
    edited February 2021

Two days ago I wanted to upload some images and checked the galleries, very nice shiny look, I like it, but decided to go back another day to add new images. I wish we can edit the name from mermaid 010's Gallery to Mary's Bryce Gallery like I had before.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

Chohole, I had a gallery here 15 years ago (or so).  They were mostly Bryce images.  Are those galleries still around or were they lost?

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

I think around 2012-2013 daz site was reset, both  forum and galleries started a new life.

NGartplay said:

Chohole, I had a gallery here 15 years ago (or so).  They were mostly Bryce images.  Are those galleries still around or were they lost?

Yes    they were lost  when the old site collapsed in a pile of duct tape, elastic bands and string.  They managed to keep the forums archived for about a yeart,  but the old Galleries we were told to back up before the site went down.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

Aw, that's sad.  A lot of my images there are gone forever.  I didn't save stuff on external drives back then.

NGartplay said:

Aw, that's sad.  A lot of my images there are gone forever.  I didn't save stuff on external drives back then.

I empathise.   I lost a whole load of stuff when an external went belly up, and included on that was puchased  downloads  from a couple of sites which have since disappeared and a wjhole load of Bryce working files for things I had created in Bryce.  (Incuding all the files for the stuff in this image, all vehicles made from alt prims and boolean actions)

I don't see your image

Which one? I see Chohole's picture.

I linked to my Rendo Gallery.   Do you have to have an account there to see it I wonder.

Yes I do and I'm also logged in with this browser (Firefox), but if I access this thread with Waterfox or Chrome, both not logged in, I can still see it.

Chohole said:

I linked to my Rendo Gallery.   Do you have to have an account there to see it I wonder.

No I don't sad

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

I feel rather stupid, but I cannot find anymore how to change the footer of my comments and thereby the link to my gallery. Can anybody help me with that?

edited February 2021

Hansmar said:

I feel rather stupid, but I cannot find anymore how to change the footer of my comments and thereby the link to my gallery. Can anybody help me with that?

lick on you name  or avatar image / click on the gear icon,  (the one on a little blue squre) / click on  'Edit Profile"  from the drop down / click on  "signature settings.

Post edited by Chohole on

Chohole or Horo, how did you link your Gallery.. I linked mine but with the actually link...

mermaid - it may be easy or a bit elaborate: (cogwheel) > mermaid010 (to get into your Profile, cogwheel) > Edit Profile > Signature Settings. Here you can edit your signature, you may have to click on the Source thumbnail in the edit field to adjust the html code. The way you have it now, it works.

mermaid010 said:

Chohole or Horo, how did you link your Gallery.. I linked mine but with the actually link...

Once you are on the page to edit your signature you use the wysiwyg tools to make the link, Type the name of your gallery,  then Highlight that and go to the add link tool,and add the link for your gallery.    you should now have a hyperlink from your typed name

Chohole - seems simpler than I did it.

edited February 2021

Chohole, Horo, thanks!

Funny thing is, that the user number is not the gallery number.

Post edited by Hansmar on
  • @akmerlow: Thank you for your reference to the new gallery. I have just had a look into it. I remember there was a search facility in the old gallery, but in the new one I couldn't find any. Then I think it is not possible to find tags like "Bryce". But maybe I just missed something?

@Electro-Elvis: Looks like you are right angry That is a feature we want: searching for Bryce renders!

Chohole said:

If anyone wants to make any comments/ bug reports or feature requests about the Galleries there is a big long thread over in the Commons which is being monitired and all the feedback passed on to Daz     https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/472221/new-daz-3d-gallery-launches/p1

Chohole said:

Follow up post    possible feature requests   A Bryce Category  ( and of course also  a Carrara one )      And  a landscape genre,   Bryce is sold as a landscape program, although we all know it does far more   but there isn't a category or genre for landscape art.
    Don't let them try to persuade you that there is an environement category.   about 70% of images are tagged as environement,  even the ones with a single, scantily dressed, figure on a bit of floor is deemed to be environement.

Thanks for pointing out the general thread, Chohole!

Horo said:

Chohole - seems simpler than I did it.

But it took me a few tries to get it rightblush

mermaid - main thing it works, and it does.