Mini challenge: "The Gatherer of Gossip"

LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Let's do something funny, let's do a mini challenge. Everybody who want's to can join in and show a render with what comes to their mind with this description

Gatherer of Gossip

It will be great to see how everybody interprets it

Looking forward to what everybody comes up with!

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

Have you been watching Bridgerton? laugh

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Hylas said:

Have you been watching Bridgerton? laugh

No, didn't. The term was made up by @Totte and I just loved how it immediately evoced an image in my head. Others said the same, but we discovered, that we have very different ideas coming up, so we decided to hand this one out to all of you, and share the fun.

• vamokvamok Posts: 238

Okay, so I had a lot or really cool ideas in my head and then I checked my assets...so you get this instead:

According to This Witness...

Step Van Bundle

Michael 8 Pro Bundle - Character, hair, and outfit

Sol

dForce Police Officer Outfit

Little Urban Disaster

Skies of Economy Redux Vol 1

Facial Hair and Short Hair for Genesis 8 Male - Mustache and hair on Police Officer

Apex Hair for Genesis 3 & Genesis 8 Female

dForce Flutter Sleeve Outfit for Genesis 8 Female

gossip composite.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

Thanks a lot @vamok that's a great version as well, I like it very much, and Thansk for breaking the ice, I still need to work on my version

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

I agree with Linwell (I'm being the one who happend to say that phrase in a discussion, lol), great start!
    Also working in a scene for this, just for fun, trying something new as usual, probably overdoing it as usual.

edited January 2021

The gatherer of gossip

Scifi Computer room
    Dystopian Consoles
    Illustration Aids
    Reel to Reel
    GOM Dwarf HD, Outsider For G8M
    Some more clutter i forgot....

Face 1: Mrs Chow 8, Sky Jumper for G8, Volta Hair
    Face 2: Scar 8, Casual Craze
    Face 3: Darcel for G8M, Shaft Beard and Hair, Deckhand
    Face 4: Nida 8, Raven Black Outfit GF8, Miranda Hair
    Face 5: Alaric for G8M, Cool Styles Outfit, Matthew Hair
    Face 6: Honni  8, Urban Adventure outfit, Wicker Bob

gathererofgossip.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 384K
    Post edited by Totte on

yay you've made it already, I finally have the setting ready, now just the character ...

edited January 2021

ok, finally got my version finished as well.

this is a jumble of buildings that collected dust in my library and the mouse by AM

Instances saved my life but I didn't go for the rain I originally planned

Gatherer_of_Gossip.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 924K
    Post edited by Linwelly on

Very nice one Linwelly! Is that the village drunk?

hehe, no the village drunk just exits the pup at the end of the street, this one is more of the sort "Rattenfänger von Hameln" pied piper of hamelin

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited January 2021

One of the images that sprung to mind was a fishing boat in stormy seas hauling in a huge catch - possible title Trawling The Depths.

My scene-building skills and enthusiasm aren't up to this at present, so I won't try to render it. I'll just note three important points:

1. the sea is brown and lumpy, as in a sea of s**t, 
    2. the catch cannot be clearly seen, but it looks repulsive and slimy, 
    3. the boat's name is left for the viewer to insert - my personal favourite would be simply... 'f'

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited February 2021

This didn't come out very funny, but it looks like some of the gossip audience are having a good time. 

gossip.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 1M
    Post edited by luci45 on
    edited February 2021

Lovely Luci! Your renders are always so full of life!

Post edited by Totte on

So happy you made one for this, Luci45! This looks great and the characters are so well done! It's like one of those family parties where the old folks will tatter all day and the young one don't know what to do with themselves

Thanks,Linwelly and Totte. It's nice to have an idea to focus on. 

are you missing the RRRR Luci? They've been your very specific skill

Linwelly said:

Yes I am. My runtime's randomness was always a nice distraction from life's randomness. 

• luci45 said:

This didn't come out very funny, but it looks like some of the gossip audience are having a good time. 

I really like this render Luci. I agree with Totte, your renders are always so lively and expressive. I also like the characters you create, all of them are very distinctive.

• luci45 said:

Linwelly said:

Yes I am. My runtime's randomness was always a nice distraction from life's randomness. 

@luci45 I've seen the RRRR renders in your gallery, they are always so lively and surreal. You've got great imagination Luci. :) I was wondering what happened to this contest.

BlueFox said:

luci45 said:

Linwelly said:

@luci45 I've seen the RRRR renders in your gallery, they are always so lively and surreal. You've got great imagination Luci. :) I was wondering what happened to this contest.

Being guilty of running and then not running the RRRR I can explain what happened. We didn't get enough votes for the last contes. It was in the beginning of the pandemic, and I felt that if we don't get enough votes to score a winner, the interest is probably low. But I have plans to resurrect it as RRRRR Resurrected Random Runtime Roulette Renders, just need to time to set it up.

• Totte said:

BlueFox said:

luci45 said:

Linwelly said:

Being guilty of running and then not running the RRRR I can explain what happened. We didn't get enough votes for the last contes. It was in the beginning of the pandemic, and I felt that if we don't get enough votes to score a winner, the interest is probably low. But I have plans to resurrect it as RRRRR Resurrected Random Runtime Roulette Renders, just need to time to set it up.

Thank you for the explanation Totte! RRRRR is certainly something to look forward to then. :)  Judging by the past entries everyone had a lot of fun creating their renders. 

Yes, we always had a lot of fun! Participation was down the last few years and it was always more enjoyable with more people. Maybe another "R" will help. laugh

Thank you, BlueFox.