Hubby's First Day of Retirement

NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793
edited March 2021 in Bryce Discussion

Off topic of course.  Just wanted to say that my life is going to take quite a dramatic turn as Brian worked his last day on February 26th.  Termination date 28th. Start of Medicare, supliments and advantage plan March 1st.

I don't know how much time I'll have on the computer now.  Time will tell.  We were gone all day doing chores and purchasing new phones and service provider.  Brian had a work phone, which they let him keep until he gets his own.  My current service provider didn't seem to want to let me go so it took a couple of hours of standing in the store trying to get my number ported over.  Sitting here with a bourbon and coke (small one) and feeling good to be off of my feet.

I'm sure things will change as the weather gets nicer and he's out more but what change and it's only been one day.

I want to add that after more than 40 years in one place it was so nice to have a big retirement party for him at work.  He came home with smoked brisket, Domain DuPage beer, Nothing Bundt Cake and a very generous gift.  He was quite moved by the outpouring of comradere (sp).

Post edited by NGartplay on

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955

Things will settle down after a while, I spend my leisure time playing with Bryce and my hubby enjoys Sudoku and word puzzles.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

NGartplay - retirement is cool. Midmonth I'll start my 8th year, never was bored. Have fun!

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

NGartplay : I also find retirement cool and after about 12 years I still keep myself occupied.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

I love retirement too - though I never did find enough time to do everything I promised myself I would do when I retired.

My husband has his interests and I have mine, so most of the day we go our own ways (a big house helps!) but make sure we eat together and spend some time in the evening. I expect you'll fall into a routine after a while.

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449

I was lucky enough to be able to retire when I was 48  so 26 years ago this year ...wondered how we had time to go to work  never a dull moment...... we do everything together even our computers are next to each other and we help each other with whatever we are doing .Mostly drawing for me and  family research for my wife, but  most importantly laugh a lot.The cooking of meals is always a collaborative effort as are the chores..Of course covid has put a stop on travel and days out but we have a large garden to play with.The best  trick is to be unselfish with your time and both enjoy yourselves

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

Shhh, biggest change is that I can't eat what I want to eat any time that I want or he says 'still hungry?'

My husband is not computer literate, at all, but he's a complete pro with the TV remote.  He always has to be doing something and we both golf so hopefully we'll both be on leagues this year.  Travel is out for now.

Sounds like everyone is having a wonderful time in retirement.  Brian could have retired 10 years ago but they didn't have anyone to replace him.  If he mentioned retiring they simply wouldn't let him so he was convinced that the place couldn't run without him.  They now have a wonderful team and his body was telling him that it was time, plus we turned 65 last year.  So far, it's been good.  We're getting ready to pull everything out of the refrigerator and wash it clean.  Much more fun when you have a partner to help.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited March 2021

Congrats on having your hubby home now. Hope you can find time for Brycing still. I really feel like a puppy, after all your retirement stories, working full time and Brycing at night. Hé, what happened to the wysiwyg? Where are the editing options? I wanted to add a smiley, but no options?

What? Now the wysiwyg is back to normal! Now I can add laugh

Post edited by Hansmar on

Hanmar, gremlins in your keyboard.  Sneaky, little stinkers.

devil

Hey, just a quick note....I'm getting vaccinated tomorrow.  If you never hear from me again you'll know that it did a number on me.  You can contact Bea.  She has my phone number.  Daz 3D office might have it too.

Can you tell that I'm scared to get it?

NGartplay said:

Hey, just a quick note....I'm getting vaccinated tomorrow.  If you never hear from me again you'll know that it did a number on me.  You can contact Bea.  She has my phone number.  Daz 3D office might have it too.

You sound fully confident to me!

Lol

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955

Hansmar said:

NGartplay said:

You sound fully confident to me!

I second that

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

I hope you are just having retirement fun and no side effects from the vaccination. Hugs!

Thank you, the shot didn't hurt at all and my arm only hurt if I touched it.  I had a headache when I went for the shot and the headache got worse but that lasted only a couple of hours and was gone.  So far I haven't grown a third eye.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Good to hear! LOL about the third eye.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

I retired at 57 2 years ago, still haven't started any of the thingsblush

WLC, amazing how you have a list of stuff to do once you retire but you never get to it once you actually have the time :D :D

• NGartplay said:

Thank you, the shot didn't hurt at all and my arm only hurt if I touched it.  I had a headache when I went for the shot and the headache got worse but that lasted only a couple of hours and was gone.  So far I haven't grown a third eye.

Pffft, a third eye might be helpful, especially if it has no cataracts and vision is better than the two old eyes!  Or if it aims backward, right?  But hairstyles might need to change.

It's growing a third hand or foot that you need to be concerned about, especially if either one grows out of your head!  I am MADE of questions on this one.  If you grow a third hand or foot, will it be a right or left hand or foot?  And do you know how to trim fingernails or toenails on a foot hanging off your head?  Would it be permissible to extend your "head hand" when saying hello to somebody?  After all, you don't eat with that hand...and you don't use the restroom with that hand, so it would be more sanitary, yes?  wink  Now if it's a hand, would you wear a ring?  Get a tattoo on it?  Waving hello might be easier, as would be shielding your eyes from the sun and tipping your hat! 

But doing the "Hokey-Pokey" might be confusing.  Or entertaining, depending on your point of view.  "Put your right hand in, pull your right hand out...um, which one?"

Good luck to the new retiree and his wife!  Remember, toleration goes both ways, lol!

Subtropic Pixel, lol, thanks for the laugh.  I love having hubby home.  He's my best friend.  Problem is that I don't get onto the forums that much and haven't created any artwork.

We are going to Houston Texas in a few days for a benefit golf outing.  That will be the first time in a couple of years that we've left home.  Will be refreshing.