Why can't Bryce see .obp files anymore? [Resolved]

Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 617
edited March 2021 in Bryce Discussion

I have a number of products in .obp format, which was always a Bryce supported object file.

But for some reason, I can't get Bryce to open any of them, and I noticed that .obp doesn't seem to be a supported file in the import function.

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You have to be joking    OBP  is the main  file that Bryce uses for all it's content   Open Bryce   go to create on the top row of Icons and click the drop down arrow next to create. 

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 617
    edited March 2021

Okay,  I see how to import them now. Thanks, Chohole!

I had a bit of a problem with my DAZ Studio that after three frustrating tries to fix it (with it taking multiple days for each attempt), I was left with the only option of ripping out everything 3D-related (including Bryce, Hexagon, Poser, Pegasus, etc) so as to remove whatever corrupted files that kept causing the issue and reinstall everything with fresh clean builds--that was 1.6Tbytes in DAZ alone, probably close to that in Poser, and not an insignificant amount of stuff in Bryce, so well over 3T total, at least.

Fortunately, I still have all my source zip and other files for third-party models and stuff, but I couldn't remember how to reload the OBPs into Bryce as they're not accessable through any of the dropdowns in the File Menu tree.

Right now, I'm still reloading DAZ Studio with just the stuff I bought here....

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,794

Glad that you got it sorted out....yay!

• nikkellynikkelly Posts: 33

Thank you, thank you.

My sprawling archive includes a collection of OBP freebies that, of course, nothing but Bryce will recognise. And, today, I needed several...

I realised I'd got Bryce several years ago but had 'misplaced' it, 'Account' provided a fresh down-load, and I still had my 'registration' code. 

But, like DS, Bryce is remarkably reluctant to accept 'Drag & Drop'. As I now know, thanks to so-lucid explanation above, installing an OBP must follow the formal, library route.

Okay, I've now got the widget loaded, have begun to fumble through the menu system to export it.

--

I hope you didn't help write the 'user guide', as states that 'if' some conditions, Bryce won't play nice, but does not seem to link to how to clear the problem.

D'uh, when I've figured how to find that teeny-tiny 'E' icon, and got Ctrl-D to do something, I'll consider it a 'win' for the night...