Poser 11.3 and Mac OS Catalina

Is anyone using Poser 11.3 and Macintosh OS Catalina? I'm on Mac OS Sierra. Catalina is all 64-bit. So, I want to know if Poser 11 will run on Catalina. When I look at various components in GO64, I'll see info like app is 64-bit except for python-32. Does  this mean that all the python scripts won't run? (Also for Carrara, I'll see app is 64-bit except for Helper Tool) For many things I'll see app is 64-bit except for osx-intel.  

I'll include some screen shots. Can anyone help with these messages I see?

Comments

• rdudarduda Posts: 579

it's been working fine for me untill today, all of a suden Poser wont open, any one else having that problem, I havent run any updates... unless something auto happened??

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

rduda said:

it's been working fine for me untill today, all of a suden Poser wont open, any one else having that problem, I havent run any updates... unless something auto happened??

You do have the Renderosity version? Your computer is connected to the internet?

• My work fine too until Catalina Security Update and Poser Poser 11 Pro on my mac min 2012 stop working. My is the Rendersoity version and yes my computer is connected to the internet.

• MartirillaMartirilla Posts: 172
    edited December 2021

The Mac OS Catalina has had another update this week (Dec 2021), apparently for security holes. My guess would be it's the Python script capabilities that Apple objects to. Lesson: if everything is running fine then don't allow the Mac OS to auto-update itself, as valuable software will almost certainly be crippled by high-handed OS changes.

Post edited by Martirilla on