Histogram Plug in for DAZ Studio (PC) [Commercial]

MikeDMikeD Posts: 288

The histogram plug-in will add a new pane in DAZ Studio that will allow you to see the histogram of the scene preview in Iray or Filament mode, without the need to render the image or pass it to an external photo application. The plug-in will show you not only the histogram of the Iray or Filament preview, but it will also calculate useful statistic information like the average Brightness, the average Color’s value etc. The 256 px thumbnail screenshot at the bottom of the pane will show you the current captured image, and it will also project the (clipped) highlights, or/and the (clipped) shadows if you wish. You don’t want information about the full image but just for a part of it? No problem! You can click and drag a rectangular on the thumbnail with your mouse and the histogram will automatically updated the information only for the area you want. A special ‘expand graph’ check box will normalize the peeks of the graphs and an ‘Exclude Color’ option will ignore a specific color from the image, like the viewport background color, the backdrop color, or even a custom one. With the histogram plug-in you can adjust the lighting of your render and make a fine tuning before rendering!

The manual includes the scripting documentation if you want to use the Histogram pane in your scripts.

Beware: The plugin needs activation after installation. You can find the serial number, when you log in into DAZ page, under your “Account/Serial Numbers” (see attachment). Copy the serial number and paste it into DAZ Studio in the popup dialog under the menu “Help/About Installed Plugins” (see attachment).

Click on the next image to see a quick presentation video about the Histogram Plugin!

If the image link is not working try here!

- Mike

Post edited by MikeD on

Comments

• Looks useful, especially working in preview.

• MikeDMikeD Posts: 288

Richard Haseltine said:

Looks useful, especially working in preview.

Thanks Richard ...

In deed it is very useful and especially combined with the Orbital Lights plugin that uses all of Histogram potentials to auto calculate a DAZ Light's luminosity!

• veenveen Posts: 132

It looks realy handy to me. It skips the camera raw process while working in Daz. I'll spend my money on it.

veen said:

It looks realy handy to me. It skips the camera raw process while working in Daz. I'll spend my money on it.

Thanks a lot veen. In deed it allows you to have a very good idea for the final render, even from the preview stage...

• Gosh...I've been wanting this for years! Thanks MikeD

Granville said:

Gosh...I've been wanting this for years! Thanks MikeD

wink

I have a broken keyboard lol F5F5F5 all day long :) is it almost ready? asking for a friend

another question what is this male his make-up asset name? i'm searching along time for something like this.

thanks in advance

veen said:

I have a broken keyboard lol F5F5F5 all day long :) is it almost ready? asking for a friend

Not yet veen ...

The image link is broken, but I guess you mean this:

Just released...

• In my cart.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

So YES!! Whole bundle is perfect. As an experienced photographer, this will save a lot of time and effort. For those struggling with lighting, this is a MUST HAVE. HDRIs are great, but they don't always give you the best for the scene.

• Hey, what's the landing pod shown in this image from? plz and thx

handofbobb_2f0555398e said:

Hey, what's the landing pod shown in this image from? plz and thx

https://www.daz3d.com/nomad-module-2

https://www.daz3d.com/nomad-module-2-iray-addon

Its your lucky day ... they are at the store now at $1.99 and $2.99

wink

• I bought and installed the Histogram Plug in. But nowhere is there a histrogram plane

• I paid a lot of money for this product. I tried installing it through both DazCentral and DIM. Result: nothing! There is no histogram in the windows / pane menu. Really annoying! I can only warn against buying this product.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Did you enter your serial number?

• After looking in the forums, I have now done this. It works now. It is very unfortunate that the seller of this script does not indicate at any point that a serial number must be entered. Such negligence costs the customer a lot of time. It remains annoying.

mfrank01328_e9ea05b22a said:

After looking in the forums, I have now done this. It works now. It is very unfortunate that the seller of this script does not indicate at any point that a serial number must be entered. Such negligence costs the customer a lot of time. It remains annoying.

Hi mfrank01328_e9ea05b22a,

Yes, it is my mistake and I intent to update the store page, informing about serial numbers activation, in Monday morning (US time ... now DAZ is closed) ...

Thanks for the feedback...

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 679

Does anyone know what setting to alter in the tone mapping if the shadows are clipping?

If you have a low key image you may not need to change anything... If you see that you have lost details in the shadows try lowering the "Crush Blacks" option ... At the same time your contrast will lower with this adjustment..