Importing .pz3 to Daz

I have downloaded several models, which were supposed to be Poser models - I have no idea which figure, what version of Poser etc. I have a folder with textures, and some obj files for clothes, and some .pmd and .pz3 files.

How would I import that model into Daz and convert to Genesis figure? I haven't used Poser in ages, not do I have it installed. I don't mind if I import it in different program, I just want to have that character visible, to modify and convert to Genesis series.

Any help would be apprechiated, because I have no idea where to start...

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

.pz3 files are Poser scenes, not characters, and can be imported the normal way. You still need the base figures they use installed.

• That appears to include the Geensis 2 figure geometry and possibly textures, if so it is not legal to distribute anyway.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

The older Poser stuff can be opened directly in Studio from the Poser Formats section. Ensure you have your Poser Formats path set in Content Directory Manager. (You can have more than one). Can't speak as to the newer Poser formats, they have been drifting away for years.

Most .pmd files cannot be used unless they are part of a .cr2, not a pose injection file (.pz2).

If you place the .pz3 files in the ".../Runtime/Libraries/Scene" folder (if not already there), you can open them directly in Studio from the Poser Formats section.

Richard Haseltine said:

That appears to include the Geensis 2 figure geometry and possibly textures, if so it is not legal to distribute anyway.

Are you sure? That looks like only the genitals, not the full figure.

• sterlenejcsterlenejc Posts: 178

Hmm, not sure TBH. It's from an old forum which I can't remember now. As far as I know, it's a full figure.

So I need genesis 2 figure and its morphs? It can be done. I will check the directories.

I'm not planning to distribute this anywhere. personal use

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

Ascania said:

Richard Haseltine said:

That appears to include the Geensis 2 figure geometry and possibly textures, if so it is not legal to distribute anyway.

Even if it is only genitals it would still be illegal to distribute since the geometry is owned by Daz along with the textures it looks like. I could be wrong on the textures though. I can't tell enough detail from the image to say if its the default texture of the figure.

frank0314 said:

Ascania said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Even if it is only genitals it would still be illegal to distribute since the geometry is owned by Daz along with the textures it looks like.

Frankly, I can't tell from the name if it's DAZ' genitals or third party ones.

I could be wrong on the textures though. I can't tell enough detail from the image to say if its the default texture of the figure.

From the names, there are some 3D Universe hair textures there as well as an eye reflection map from DAZ' Brodie 6, the eyelashes transparency map from Belle 6 (which would definitely fall under it)

• I don't think there's any point in trying to import it - it's been covnerted to Poser format and although DS can write Poser weight maps to the CR2 it can't read them, so you wouldn't be able to get a usable figure out of it even if it was legal.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

This appears to be a scene that contains Genesis figures loaded into Poser via the DSON Importer.  I don't believe there is any way for Studio to read a Poser Binary Morph file (.pmd),  If you can get it loaded into Poser you could see what the morph dial settings are to apply to the coresponding figure in Studio.