install problems

I am having problems installing Bryce 7 I just bought little while ago. First Install manager gave me a weird error message at some missing uninstall files. Then I manually downloaded the files and the content one said Bryce wasn't there so I downloaded the other file Lightning. It seemed to install but when I clicked on it, it brought a strange pic up for a min and stopped and did nothing. So I try to install the Content once again and it says "Bryce 7 don't exsist at the specified path is suppose to default to. I could only download 2 files manually and niether of them just say Bryce 7.  And Actually I purchased Bryce 5.5 yrs ago. It shows in my Downloads but the only thing I could download there was the manual. LOL... So I didn't gripe. I just got 7. it was reasonably priced. 

I just returned, bought PC today after a 10+ yr hiatus. Some other things haven't been working exactly right either. This is really stressful. I been doing nothing but installing stuff the last few days. All the stuff I bought yrs ago is a crap shoot. Even Daz original items. And I have purchased Hundreds of items. Some show, some don't ... some are black and white and say click to install. Sometimes they work. Sometimes they don't. 
I know Bryce is old but thought surely if they were selling it that it would install. crying

Any Ideas appreciated
Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited August 2021

rhonda64 - Bryce cannot be installed with DIM, DIM works only for Studio. Install Bryce manually. This PDF shows you all you need:

https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

Post edited by Horo on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited August 2021

Yeah, please take a look with PDF document that Horo posted. It has all needed instructions.

I will add that there are two "Bryce 7" things in Product Library, you need files from both.

First is "Bryce 7" and it has actual Bryce installation files.

Second is "Bryce 7 Pro" and it has additional content. 

After you manually download, follow instructions from abeforementioned PDF document.

br7fix.PNG
    623 x 802 - 239K
    br7pro.PNG
    624 x 812 - 245K
    Post edited by akmerlow on
  • Ghost_TrainGhost_Train Posts: 24
    edited August 2021

The problem I'm running into here is that Bryce 7 is not available in the store, only the Pro version can be found (at least via Search). I purchased it and ran into this issue.  The pdf only helps in verifying that correct files are not provided by DAZ3D.
    Are we supposed to find it from some other site first, then install the Pro files from DAZ3D?
    (I'd assume no).

Post edited by Ghost_Train on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

Ghost_Train said:

The problem I'm running into here is that Bryce 7 is not available in the store, only the Pro version can be found (at least via Search). I purchased it and ran into this issue.  The pdf only helps in verifying that correct files are not provided by DAZ3D.
    Are we supposed to find it from some other site first, then install the Pro files from DAZ3D?
    (I'd assume no).

Bryce 7 (content files) are included in Bryce 7.1 Pro, so you should see it in your Product Library in your account. 

Capture.JPG
    1076 x 955 - 119K

Yeah, when you buy "Bryce 7 Pro", you have both "Bryce 7" and "Bryce 7 Pro" entries in your product library. They might be on different pages. Use search filters if needed.

• akmerlow said:

Yeah, when you buy "Bryce 7 Pro", you have both "Bryce 7" and "Bryce 7 Pro" entries in your product library. They might be on different pages. Use seaOrch filters if needed.

Oh snnnaapp.  Im not too used to the site.  Ive been only using what was provided on the order.  Thanks!

edited August 2021

If this helps:

Product Library is available in "My Account".

br7library.PNG
    395 x 423 - 15K
    Post edited by akmerlow on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

Have you looked in your Product Library (in "Your Account" here at the site)?

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_11035
    https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_11034

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited August 2021

Ghost_Train - Bryce 7 came with some separate additions at the time, the Pro version included those and was quite expensive. Meanwhile, there is only the pro version available with all additions at about 5% - 7% of the initial price.

Look in your Product Library and you should find the entries Bryce 7 Pro with the additional content and Bryce 7 with additional content and the main program. See picture, I added the red arrows for the PC. Note that Bryce runs on the Mac only up to version 10.6.

Bryce

Click on image to enlarge.

Bryce7+Pro.jpg
    1250 x 750 - 141K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Thanks everyone. This is good information to have on the forum for future if anyone else runs into the same.

• While putting in a ticket it brought up a link that really helped.
    The initial download files didn't show a Bryce Bryce7.1 exe file. Only the Content one and Lightning. You had to click on the little Bryce 7.1 pic in the left bottom where it said "included in this bundle." I did, And there was the Bryce7.1 exe file. I'm happy I got it but still confused why they had to make it so hard. They should just put all the links in your purchase/receipt area. You shouldn't have to hunt them.
    Thanks everyone!