Bryce feels right, doesn't it?

Hello everyone, I am all fresh to 3D world. So Wings3D as a modeller is the only tool so far in my pocket. I have gone through the introduction of both Carrara and Bryce, not to mention that the forums are still lively despite of their latest releases came out many moons ago. As if i am interested in making 3d abstract art (something as in the attachment),which of those would be better to start off? Bryce seems easier to get a hang of, doesn't it. Anyways, thank you for keeping the tools alive so i get a chance to be here !

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,954

Hi Theob, welcome to the forum. I will definitely say Bryce is the way to go; my Pinterest board is a witness to that. blush

https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/abstracts-done-in-bryce-3d/

You will find references with some images if I used a tutorial.

I only use Bryce and a bit of Wings 3D.

Hope you enjoy using Bryce

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Theob - welcome to the forum. What a beautiful abstract you show us here. The best program is the one you know best. What speaks for Bryce is that it is very versatile. It is quite easy to use, nevertheless there are many cool options that are not obvious at first. But once you get the hang of it, not even the sky is the limit laugh

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Bryce has plenty of ways to make abstract art with.

I also think it would be a good combination granted you do polygonal modelling in Wings.

• Omg my post took a while to be posted so i thought it would never come online. I was doing some research the other day and this tutorial of David occured to be such a solid example of what i am aiming to. Thank you mermaid010, horo and akmerlow for the information and warm welcome. I am just so fresh to this so you guys inputs are really helpful and informative. Anyways, i feel like i have made the right decison already hopping in this cozy restaturant  heart. I am reading Bryce manual at the moment these days so i will be sure be back with questions haha. Thanks a ton once again. Stay safe and cheers !

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Theob : Welcome to the forum. Beautiful abstract, I like the colours. 

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Hi Theob,

welcome!

Nice shapework, I like its flow and coloring.

Bryce is the best piece of software which I ever got. Its amazingly versatile, especially for creating abstract stuff far beyond its design and its main purpose. :)

Here is an overview of bryced abstract images (most were rendered as "Panorama Render"):  
    http://hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/bryce4/Hubisms_(sample images_2021-09-08).jpg

1st row: Stacked Cylinders of different material colors inside a big reflective sphere, aka "Shiny Sphere (tm, R, C, IHA)". And many nicely arranged Cubes of different material colors.
      2nd row: Booleaned Bryce Primitives and some colored Lights in a big reflective sphere.
      3rd row: A bunch of flat Cubes and some color Lights in a big reflective sphere.
      4th row: Flattened Cubes (with bitmap texture applied) in a big reflective sphere.

@ all: Before s.o. would jump to conclusions...... yes, I am addicted to "Shiny Spheres" in Bryce! ;)

Bryce might be old and outdated, but it is STILL not dead!  :)   

Hubert

• adbc - heart

hubert - awesome artworks that you have there. I will be soon joining the gang once i get a hang of it laugh

Happy Brycing !

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Hi Theob,

am always glad to show how unusual Bryce could be.

I have created an annotated screenshot of my Bryce7. It shows some useful menus, options and helpful basic workflow shortcuts. 
    http://hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/temp/Bryce7_GUI_screenshot1_HuSc.jpg

PS: There exist some old but still nice Bryce4 "Hubism" workfile collections in Renderosity's Freestuff. Just search in their "Freestuff for hubert. Some of those ZIP files contain a short textfile with useful workflow hints. -- (I won't post the according URL here, because I am not sure if such a direct link to an external 3D website is acceptabe in this forum).

Cheers to (shiny) Spheres
    Hubert

• Hi Hubert, that is awesome. I am still discovering and experimenting so this is helpful. Will be coming back as soon as i get a hang of these laugh

Happy Brycing !