Particle FX and SDK...

I have been getting this error every since I updated to win 10 and now the documents folder is in Users instead of documents...Do I have to recompile the plugin to point to Users...Before in win7/8 the my documents were on c:/...now its users/name/ectera..and the old documents was where I compiled the last time to change the experiration Date..Before I re-compile I am installing DS and the sdk on a new computer that has only had win10 and never DS or DS-SDK and going to install the old plugin...Is there any reason why I cant just have the plug-in in one folder in the plug-in folder...?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,298

The error dialog says "This action requires an item within the scene to be selected" = It is not an object/figure/item, but most likely a material setting

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 442

tomorrow I will find out what is going on...I have a new computer that has never has DAZ on it...never had anything other then start up programs...it is my queens new school computer...now I will be able to see what is going on...my production computer is updated from winXP

PerttiA said:

The error dialog says "This action requires an item within the scene to be selected" = It is not an object/figure/item, but most likely a material setting

big thing here is I want to consolidate my plugin with in the plugin folder as one...instead of having to look for other paths like my library...?

Also My programmer has revolutionized the panel pane to include import and export options..but it is out dated 

edited September 2021

PerttiA said:

sorry I didnt get back to you but I never get these notifications anymore from the forum...dont know why...will check the paths for textures but since windows 10 moved the my documents folder into the user/username I have had these errors...Thanks for the reply...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited September 2021

foleypro said:

PerttiA said:

sorry I didnt get back to you but I never get these notifications anymore from the forum...thanks to you I looked for the ptah changes..thank you so much

Post edited by foleypro on
  • PerttiA said:

The error dialog It is alive.. ParticlFXDS2021 it is working on this mini computer I installed on a computer that never had Daz Studio installed put the folders in the right place and it works look at the date todays date..So it is a path issue that needs resolved to find the users Documents folder on install...Dan Ritchie look it works it is a path issue and always has been...says "This action requires an item within the scene to be selected" = It is not an object/figure/item, but most likely a material setting...it was a path issue

ParticleFX2021.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 850K