My poser animations

This is my very first poser 12 animation Using BlackHeart Alyson2 with bullet physics and dynamic hair control and  The walk cycle was done with poser Walk designer for Alyson The man is freak 5 I brought into poser with Dson and used some poser-mocaps BHV files for his animation

The ground is a Panoramic image I set as a background image. from Cake $ Bob   Took me a week to make  & 3 days to render in superfly  edited with Adobe Premiere cs6

I know it is not very much but its a start  Link https://vimeo.com/517664626

Comments

• very sexy kiss

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133

Thanks Wendy . This took for ever to render in superfly . I though daz studio took a long time.   But I really like walk designer they have a bunch of nice presets. and the sliders are easy to use.  .  I wonder if there is a way I can save these animations I made in PZ3 or BVH & save the body bullet physics as morphs . it just seems to save the animation as a cycle but not the morphs values. I wonder how I would save those as morphs?  I like the dynamic hair  and hair room better than deforce as well that was a old poser hair prop.I refreshed..lol.    Yes I am still learning whats new.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219

I haven't used Poser in years,  but the walk designer animation you did looks really well done. Would be great if you could export the animted data.

edited March 2021

FirstBastion said:

I haven't used Poser in years,  but the walk designer animation you did looks really well done. Would be great if you could export the animted data.

I posted that question at rendersoity if there was a way to save a walk cycle with bullet physics baked into it . I can save the animation with the bullet physics as a poser scene  a but when i try to export it as  FXB or a bvh  even pz3 file all that saves is the walking motion and and does not include the bullet physics.  I would love to save this animation I did post that question here https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2958716

Post edited by Ivy on
  • LotharenLotharen Posts: 282

Wow Ivy I didn't know you used Poser as well! That was a very nice looking animation. What are your thoughts on animating in Poser vs Daz? I've been thinking of coming back into the 3D scene but not sure what I want to use to be honest.

edited October 2021

Lotharen said:

Wow Ivy I didn't know you used Poser as well! That was a very nice looking animation. What are your thoughts on animating in Poser vs Daz? I've been thinking of coming back into the 3D scene but not sure what I want to use to be honest.

Hi @Lotharen

Both programs have their strengths and weaknesses .

I use a blend of poser pro, Daz studio.412  and Blender for my animation work flow  and Adobe after effects and Premiere pro cs6 for my film editing.

Daz Studios ~ I like using daz studio 4.12 for Iray , deforce and the quality of renders pre keyframe you get using Iray.  But daz studio is very weak in IK/FK- IK-chain applications for mesh to mesh interactions . It has no real solutions for hard pinning without applying a bunch of hidden primitives to compensatethe broken IK .So its actually  faster & gives better results to just hand keyframe the model to prop interactions on the timeline Rather than try to set up a IK-chain interaction.   Daz also lacks the ability to place MP4, AVI, OR MPEG videos as back ground within the daz studio app.. this would greatly simplify placing daz 3d photorealistic Iray characters in live actions films. Which is to bad. because now it has to be done in a film editor and its very time consuming setting up scene place holders and marking everyting off so the characters match the video scene. As fas as FX and particles emitters I use 3rd party apps for that as well like after effects cs6.

Poser pro ~ poser is a great app for animations I believe that poser has a lot of advantages over daz studio in the animation tools with physics & particles & it has a native dynamic hair and clothing tool panel as well making everything pretty seemless.plus built in soft-body physics is seriously lacking in daz studio.   Poser also allows you to use AVI,and MP4 videos as back ground for mixing in 3d characters in live actions videos.  Poser also comes with a built in film editor that allows for quick film edits when animating on the fly so to speak.  and poser IK-chains system works pretty flawless . it just takeas time to set up your timeline for it.

working with zbrush to poser is a snap when trying to preserve model rigging  for films and 100 x better trying to get my zbrush .obj files into daz studio without having to rig everything agian. thats one thing i like much better in fact most of the models I make for daz studio with zbrush  I put through poser first then move it over to daz studio.  the work flow this way is so much faster with better results.

The downside of poser is the render quality is 3rd rate at best, about 3x slower rendering that daz studio iray.  Its is okay for cartoon type animations like for anime or 2d animations. but not practical for creating 360 photorealistic scenes for animation.

The good thing if you do your animation in poser and save the animated scene as a PZ3 file. it loads to daz studio 4.12 pretty well. so thats something to think about using both in combo.

I do not use daz 4.15 or filements more trouble than its worth. IMO

I rarely come to these forums anymore .so I am sorry for the delay in reply,. Have a great day

Post edited by Ivy on
  • LotharenLotharen Posts: 282

@Ivy  Thank you for that break down, it was most helpful. Do you participate in any other forums more actively than this one? Would love to join you there. Message me here if you don't want to post it in this discussion. 

• Thanks for sharing Ivy.

Love your animations regardless of being done in Poser or DS, it's great talent.