[re-SOLVED] Getting Action Class Names

EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577

How does one retrieve the action.className() as one would do in DAZScript? Basically the equivalent of:

var am = MainWindow.getActionMgr();var na = am.getNumActions();for (var i = 0; i < na; i++) {	var action = am.getAction(i);	var name = action.className();	var text = action.description;	var icon = action.iconFile;	print('%1,"%2" -- %3'.arg(name).arg(text).arg(icon))}

action->objectName is all the way up in QObject. It seems to be returning the right thing. Using action->metaObject()->className() does a better job, so long as it cast to a QString. The method actually returns char *, which JSON->addMember() doesn't appreciate. frown

void ActionServer::enumerateDAZActions(DzJsonWriter *json){	DzMainWindow    *mw = dzApp->getInterface();	DzActionMgr		*am = mw->getActionMgr();	int nActions = am->getNumActions();	for (int i = 0; i < nActions; i++) {		json->startObject();		DzAction *ac = am->getAction(i);		QString path = ac->getIconFile();		if ((!path.isEmpty()) && (QFileInfo(path).exists())) {			json->addMember("icon", path);		}		json->addMember("name", QString(ac->metaObject->className()));		json->addMember("text", ac->text());		json->addMember("custom", false);		json->finishObject();	}}

Post edited by Esemwy on

Comments

• DzMainWindow* mw = dzApp->getInterface();
        DzActionMgr *mgr = mw->getActionMgr();
        DzAction* action;
        int numberOfActions = mgr->getNumActions();
        for (int i = 0; i < numberOfActions; i++)
        {
                    action = mgr->getAction(i);
                    dzApp->log(QString(" '%1'  _  '%2'  _  '%3' ").arg(action->className()).arg(action->text()).arg(action->getIconFile()));

}

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577
    edited October 2021

vectorinus said:

DzMainWindow* mw = dzApp->getInterface();
        DzActionMgr *mgr = mw->getActionMgr();
        DzAction* action;
        int numberOfActions = mgr->getNumActions();
        for (int i = 0; i < numberOfActions; i++)
        {
                    action = mgr->getAction(i);
                    dzApp->log(QString(" '%1'  _  '%2'  _  '%3' ").arg(action->className()).arg(action->text()).arg(action->getIconFile()));

}

Action->className() was the first thing I tried, but the code wouldn't compile. Maybe I was missing an include?

I checked VC++ says 'class " DzAction" has no member "className"'.

Post edited by Esemwy on

For reference, this is what I'm trying to write:

void ActionServer::enumerateDAZActions(DzJsonWriter *json){	DzMainWindow    *mw = dzApp-&gt;getInterface();	DzActionMgr		*am = mw-&gt;getActionMgr();	int nActions = am-&gt;getNumActions();	for (int i = 0; i &lt; nActions; i++) {		json-&gt;startObject();		DzAction *ac = am-&gt;getAction(i);		QString path = ac-&gt;getIconFile();		if ((!path.isEmpty()) &amp;&amp; (QFileInfo(path).exists())) {			json-&gt;addMember("icon", path);		}		json-&gt;addMember("name", ac-&gt;className());		json-&gt;addMember("text", ac-&gt;text());		json-&gt;addMember("custom", false);		json-&gt;finishObject();	}}

This is the result

1>actionserver.cpp(179): error C2039: 'className': is not a member of 'DzAction'
    1>                     D:\DAZStudio4.5_SDK\include\dzaction.h(39): note: see declaration of 'DzAction' (TaskId:17)
    1>20:00:21.951     1>
    1>actionserver.cpp(179): error C2661: 'DzJsonWriter::addMember': no overloaded function takes 1 arguments
    1>                     moc_actionserver.cpp (TaskId:17)
    1>                     The command exited with code 2. (TaskId:17)
    1>                   Done executing task "CL" -- FAILED. (TaskId:17)

• Yes, DzAction class doesn't have the className() method. But it inherits QAction, and that inherits the QObject class.
    "qobject.h" file is in the QtCore, and there is "qmetaobject.h" file in the QtCore too. The QMetaObject class contains meta-information about Qt objects. The className() function belongs to the QMetaObject class. A single QMetaObject instance is created for each QObject subclass that is used in an application, and this instance stores all the meta-information for the QObject subclass. This object is available as QObject::metaObject().

• surrealsurreal Posts: 152
    edited October 2021

There is no DzAction.className() function. You need to use the inherits("...") function, it is not a dynamic solution.

inline QString getDzActionClassName(DzAction* action) {	if (action-&gt;inherits("DzAssetIOFilterAction")) {		return "DzAssetIOFilterAction";	}	if (action-&gt;inherits("DzCreateItemAction")) {		return "DzCreateItemAction";	}	if (action-&gt;inherits("DzEditAction")) {		return "DzEditAction";	}	if (action-&gt;inherits("DzPaneAction")) {		return "DzPaneAction";	}	if (action-&gt;inherits("DzSaveFilterAction")) {		return "DzSaveFilterAction";	}	if (action-&gt;inherits("DzViewToolAction")) {		return "DzViewToolAction";	}	return "UnknownClass";}

Post edited by surreal on
  • Rob says you can use ac->metaObject()->className().

• vectorinusvectorinus Posts: 103
    edited October 2021

Greetings, Richard!

Yes, action->metaObject()->className() working too. I think the Meta-Object Compiler (moc) that produces a moc.cpp files containing the meta-object code for the QT classes is already creating the required information. Therefore, all you need to do is create a class containing the Q_OBJECT macro and put the code I gave above into it. Bind this code to some qpushbutton or some dialog and it will give you a complete listing of the DAZ Studio actions in the Log file (I got 835 strings !!!). You can also use the "A First Plugin" example for your experiments if you don't want to create your own class.

Post edited by vectorinus on

vectorinus said:

Greetings, Richard!

Yes, action->metaObject()->className() working too. I think the Meta-Object Compiler (moc) that produces a moc.cpp files containing the meta-object code for the QT classes is already creating the required information. Therefore, all you need to do is create a class containing the Q_OBJECT macro and put the code I gave above into it. Bind this code to some qpushbutton or some dialog and it will give you a complete listing of the DAZ Studio actions in the Log file (I got 835 strings !!!). You can also use the "A First Plugin" example for your experiments if you don't want to create your own class.

i thought I tried the ->metaObject() method, and I know my class has the Q_OBJECT macro in it. I'll give it another look and see if I can get a better list. As it stands, using ->objectName() leaves a lot of actions named DzAction.  

Richard Haseltine said:

Rob says you can use ac->metaObject()->className().

Thanks! that got me exactly what I needed after I realized it was a char* rather than a QString.