UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 582
edited October 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Introducing UltraSceneryXT

I've been quiet for a while but that's not due to lack of anything going on - I have been coding away on a new terrain generator and large scale landscape system for Daz Studio. It can work on it's own to generate vast vistas or alongside UltraScenery for the extra depth of high detail foreground and extensive background. Still a few weeks/months away (I'm notoriously bad at estimating development time) but here's an example of what it can do when used with some UltraScenery in the foreground.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

This is going to take Ultrascenery to a whole new level. The demo render above is quite breathtaking.  

As I've noted before, the phrase "game changer" has been overused of late but it definitely applies here.

I will eagerly await further developments. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

This will be an absolutely INSTANT buy!!!! wink

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Looking forward to this product.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

Gorgeous. Can I put a word in for the South Western U.S. landscape? 

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Will it work in 4.12?

• gitika1 said:

Will it work in 4.12?

It should work with all versions 4.8 or newer.
  • That looks quite remarkable. Look forward to seeing it completed.
  • This looks like it'll be expensive. Mostly, because I already need a new keyboard after drooling so much over the preview.

• goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited October 2021

OH.
    MY.
    GOSH!

I may have just licked the monitor screen on that preview.  <LOL>

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • A dream come true !

Howie, you're a magician !

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

Mmmmm! Looking forward to seeing this in store.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799

Look out, Vue and Terragen, Howie's coming for your market.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

And have you priced Terragen lately? Hoo boy.

• goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited October 2021

Oso3D said:

Man, I remember first playing with Terragen on the Commodore Amiga waaaayyyy back in the day when one would get together with some buddies to make an afternoon of sitting and watching the image render line by line by line by line.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Did Terragen start on the Amiga? Whoa.

(I never owned an Amiga, but I owned a Commodore and looked upon friends' Amiga longingly)

But I DID use Terragen a bunch like 20 years ago when it was strictly a free thing.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I love everything related to UltraScenery, so this will be a great addition.

• Instant buy. Even my credit card agreed.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,980
    edited October 2021

Oso3D said:

Yep. Free for non commercial use. Apparently. I have never downloaded it, no time to learn another package. OK, the perpetual licenses for non-free versions are a bit high, but less so than zBrush. And a lot higher than I'm able to pay.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Just...wow!

• That is glorious. I can't wait.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

• Where do I send my money?

• golem841golem841 Posts: 125

Your products are almost always a must-buy from me.

I must say that I'm regularly disappointed by the quality of vegetation for sale at Daz3d : I rely on the huge, albeit ageing, library from XFrog and the TPF models that I can no longer afford with their subscription system.

I come from Eon/Vue : no longer affordable for hobbyist and a terribly ageing rendering system.

It's nice to see that you are working on a terrain plugin.

I would also love to see an improved ultrascatter either with a painting solution or a more sophisticated attraction/repulsion option.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    Is this going to be system intensive
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

barbult said:

@barbult  After seeing all the amazing work you have done with UltraScenery, I can't wait to see what you create with this new addition, as well as all the useful tips and tricks you share with us !!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Kharma said:

barbult said:

@barbult  After seeing all the amazing work you have done with UltraScenery, I can't wait to see what you create with this new addition, as well as all the useful tips and tricks you share with us !!

I'll certainly be giving it workout.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

OMG I love you!  laugh LMAO

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 582
    edited October 2021

Time for another progress render. Have been working more on the vegetation (sunk a week of time just into the tree-line lol)

yuuge.png
    1920 x 843 - 2M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • And yes all the renders so far have been of piney mountains - but I need to get all the systems in place before starting on new biomes and ecosystems. It will definitely NOT be only piney mountains.

• Looking very good!