Carrara Challenge #60 - Go - (get it? 60? Go? sorry...) - WIP Thread

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

Stezza said:

some more modelling for TB2 and the runway, using some of MrSparky's great models as well as DZFire's bits

excellent Stezza - I have 'the feeling of really being there' - on the tv show ... = I've been told I look like a puppet on more than one occasion....

it's a bit of a blast your image btw

Bunyip02 said:

Gone for Lunch

WIP

Render

nice job - great title - I tried a similar image last month and failed miserbly cause I got so carried away with the repiclicator you couldn't see the dinos for the trees

edited October 2021

"Snail Races"

Haven't used Ben for so long, and forgot that young Millenijm Matt had questionable fingers. Poor old Ben didn't have any facial expressions when I loaded him up.

Forgot to fix the glasses arms too!

I'll upload the pre post and car scene later downloading a new verison of elements and it won't let me load up t he old yet

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524
    edited October 2021

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

Gone for Lunch

WIP

Render

nice job - great title - I tried a similar image last month and failed miserbly cause I got so carried away with the repiclicator you couldn't see the dinos for the trees

Thanks, I wanted to keep the Dinos the centre of attention.

Reworked the angle.

CC60 Goner 1b.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Headwax said:

"Snail Races"

Haven't used Ben for so long, and forgot that young Millenijm Matt had questionable fingers. Poor old Ben didn't have any facial expressions when I loaded him up.

I'll upload the pre post and car scene later downloading a new verison of elements and it won't let me load up t he old yet

Nice render. Those kids have got those snails well trained, all heading in the same direction !!!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

Headwax said:

"Snail Races"

Go slow cheeky 

am I really sick and disturbed in thinking a few salt barriers would make that much more exciting surprise

thanks Bunyip02, I'll fix that! 

@Wendy, ha ha not at all, who would  ever accuse you of that!

Bunyip02 said:

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

Gone for Lunch

WIP

Render

Thanks, I wanted to keep the Dinos the centre of attention.

Reworked the angle.

terrific angle on this one as well, I think I liked the other one slightly better? Not sure

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Bunyip02 said:

Going Up

WIP

Render

Going up?  Or, going pin-up!  Like how you have the emissive shader for the up indicator.

Headwax said:

"Stop and Go Man"

Post post and pre post post

Terrific as always.  So helpful to see how your images evolve.  

Stezza said:

some more modelling for TB2 and the runway, using some of MrSparky's great models as well as DZFire's bits

This could be a promo for a reboot of the show.  Excellent little details in the launch bay.  

Bunyip02 said:

Gone for Lunch

WIP

Render

The angle from above plus the diagonal for the beasties adds to the action and tension.   Bravo.

Headwax said:

"Snail Races"

The expressions and hand gestures are priceless!  Do people actually race snails?  Could be something to srat up for youtube clicks.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

I will be 60 in 4 months, I hope I don't go angel 

I might render something a bit dark though Halloween and all about not wanting to go when one is gone devil

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Nah, you still are just a young sprout.  But I will not hold your relative youth and inexperience against you. :)

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2021

Custodian of a Bygone Era

This is my first attempt at using G8F.  Got her into Carrara by converting to blended weight, saving as collada, smoothing in the modeling room, and doing the normal adjusting to maps in the shader room.  There are no morphs using this approach, but everything else works.

The background image is the actual Cincinnati, Ohio library, built in the 1870's.  Truly a fantasy archictecture, right out of Harry Potter.  Unfortunately, they demolished it in 1955, in favor of a newer and bigger building.

I kitbashed a lot of different items for clothing - none are specific to G8 - and custom fitted them. :)

No postwork

Note:  edited to improve lighting and textures

Custodian of a Bygone Era 1.png
    1900 x 1189 - 4M
    Custodian Carrara setup 1.JPG
    1639 x 1062 - 530K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

Most excellent, UB.  Glad to see you were able to use collada.  Very skillful kitbashing.  Everything GOES together seamlessly.

edited October 2021

Simple FanArt using the native Toon filter.  This is G2M and some Daz store clothing for G2M retextured.  I used Carrara's native 3D paint tool on the shirt.

I am not satisfied with this.  I may drop the toon filter and do a photoreal (but stylized) render.  Pondering which way to GO.

Speed with a G for Go wip.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 219K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited October 2021

Same scene but photoreal render settings without the toon filter.  I like this better.

Speed no toon filter.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 199K
    edited October 2021

Scene setup

scene setup.jpg
    1461 x 867 - 227K
    edited October 2021

Landscape

Speed with a G for Go wip landscape.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 189K

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I might render something a bit dark though Halloween and all about not wanting to go when one is gone devil

You will ahve to remind us when it gets closer to your birthday.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited October 2021

continuing on

Go Go Gadget Copter

modelled the gadget copter a few years ago.. in another challenge I think..

Used the Steampunk City and Ron's explosions with G2 

Go Go Gadget_WiP.png
    1526 x 783 - 2M
    Go Go Gadget.png
    800 x 600 - 758K
    Post edited by Stezza on

thanks Diomede :)

UB that is truly wonderful image - everything works and I love  those wrinkles! Thanks for the explication.

@Wendy, don't worry, I remember when I turned 60 about 19 years ago. It was easy. All I had to do was wake up, put my teeth in and wash out my glass eyes. The rest was a snap.

Hi Ted, thanks for all those renders - maybe just use a touch of toon.  Love the background.

@Stezza, what another classic! Terrific explosions might habve to look at those!

Revamp of the snail image . Yes @diomede, they do have snail races :) well if they don't they should,

edited October 2021

started modelling a Go game.Not terribly complicated that's why I  chose it

Untitled-3.jpg
    1796 x 1335 - 1M
    Untitled-2.jpg
    1645 x 1343 - 1007K
    GoBoard.jpg
    1558 x 1386 - 610K
    Post edited by Headwax on
    edited October 2021

Reworked the angle.

terrific angle on this one as well, I think I liked the other one slightly better? Not sure

Thanks !!! I can't make up my mind on which one as well !

Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Diomede said:

Bunyip02 said:

Going Up

Render

Going up?  Or, going pin-up!  Like how you have the emissive shader for the up indicator.

Thanks !!!

Diomede said:

Bunyip02 said:

Gone for Lunch

Render

The angle from above plus the diagonal for the beasties adds to the action and tension.   Bravo.

Thanks !!!

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Looking forward to your render Wendy !!