Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
edited October 2021 in Bryce Discussion

This discussion was created from comments split from: Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Thank you Hansmar. Cannot see the 3 pictures, only white frames. The thumbnails at the end of the post are missing.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Horo : Cool render using a network drawing.I like the result.

edited October 2021

A fantasy scene with some strange objects (flowers)

fantasy scene 9.jpg
    940 x 450 - 58K
    Post edited by adbc on
  • huberthubert Posts: 410

Horo: Cool idea to use such an image for a terrain (cf. the previous thread, part 11). Your result looks like some abandoned SciFi city. A very dramatic sky and colors.

adbc: Fascinating otherworldly "thingies" in a moody scene. I like the contrast between their vivid colors and the barren landscape.

adbc - very nice coloured flower-thingies. They contrast beautifully with the rather barren landscape. The sky with the huge sun also fits nicely.

hubert - thank you.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited October 2021

Boo y’all!

Just a quickie using 1971s November House set.

Illuminated by an Radial light inside the pumpkin and a dome  fill light. Rendered @ normal AA in about 22 minutes.

Thanks for looking!

Halloween_2021.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 132K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on
    edited October 2021

Dan - what a great render, simple but beautifully done.

The terrain is from the Crater Construction Kit (author unknown) with a material assembled from Gritstone Hills and High Resolution Terrains 2. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from Sunless HDRI Skies, the key light by the sun.

Mountain Lake

MountainLake.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 221K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited October 2021

adbc: Very nice alien flower render.

Dan: Wonderful moody haloween picture.

Horo: you keep making wonderful terrains!

So my last attempt at posting did not succeed. New try here. Three simple landscapes. Don't remember the basis of the first one. I think one of Horo's landscapes. The second one I already showed in a different version. The third one is a terrain made with the DTE mixed with a brush by Karanta. It is actually just one terrain, but I put a reflective plane in the scene to show a copy from another viewpoint.

gletscher1.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    colourmountains2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    DTE_karbrush.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

hubert, horo, Hansmar : thank you.

Dan : beautiful image.

Horo : outstanding terrain render, great atmosphere.

Hansmar : three wonderful renders, difficult to say which one I prefer, I like them all.

Hansmar - thank you. Now your images look more interesting. The first two are excellent, the third interesting.

adbc - thank you.

Dan: Seemingly simple and very effective. I love that soft moody lighting.

Horo: A majestic scene. Wonderfully detailed terrains.

Hansmar: Glad to finally see those 3 images. Great snow and cool terrain work.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,954
    edited October 2021

Adbc – very nice fantasy scene, I also like the contrasting colors and the “flower”.

Dan –very nice render

Horo – another beautiful landscape, perfect lighting and materials.

Hansmar – all three terrains are very nice, the last is unusual but interesting.

A Lava terrain manipulated in the TE advanced filters, materials from the High Resolution set 4 and lighting from the Inclement weather.

te27b-lava-.jpg
    1000 x 700 - 154K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

hubert - thank you.

mermaid - thank you. Very special terrain but really charming and with fitting materials. Nicely lit, too.

mermaid : thank you.

Very original terrain, cool material and light.

mermaid: Great scene (terrains and mats). The lighting adds much depth to it.

Thanks Horo, Adbc and Hubert for the nice comments

edited November 2021

The stacked terrain is from the Crater Construction Kit (author unknown) with materials from Gritstone Hills. The far tower with a material from 50 Metals The Heating Room Set is by Steven Ray. Ambient light by an HDRI and with the clouds from the Sky Toolbox.

Lookout

Lookout.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 260K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited November 2021

Another fantastic landscape render, Horo the material and lighting are perfect.

An abstract from me using a Wings 3D object “icosahedron twisted loop”, within a torus lighting is from the Exotic Hdri for Fantasy Skies, viewed thru the EWL

I uploaded a panorama version to my Pinterest account.

icosahedrontwistedloop2.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 506K
    edited November 2021

horo: I like that rough terrain. The tower gives that scene a nice wide scale.

mermaid: Cool stuff! That twisted mesh mat looks like some kind of semi-organic metallic structure.

I myself kept a safe distance to making landscapes and immersed (again) deeply into a big Shiny Sphere™ .... with some colored Bryce Primitives and Radial Lights inside. For most scenes, I used mats with low Diffusion and high Ambience values, which gives these image a softer look. All scenes rendered in panorama mode.

Here are some results:

Hubism-samples__ABS18-2021-11-01 (preview)

Mmmh.... I just pondered about adding dark "edges" to the cubes (in the "cubistic" top row images). Some boolean fiddling should make this possible. I'll keep you updated about the result.  :)

Post edited by hubert on

mermaid - thank you. The icosahedron looks great, like it was in a tunnel. I had a look at the panorama, I find the version here even better.

hubert - thank you. Very nicely done 'Hubisms'.

Thanks Hubert and Horo

Awesoeme "Hubisms', Hubert  very nicely done.

edited November 2021

Mermaid, Horo: Many thanks. :)

As I had mentioned above, I tried with adding "edges" to the cubes. (With larger scaled black cubes and some heavy boolean work. These edges are not perfect, because working in the already existing scene with its many cubes and some booleans made it tricky.)

And here an according image:
    Upper row: The very same scene without resp. with edges. The edges add much visual impact.... but make it look sorta aggressive?
    Lower row: A "Room with a (twisted) View". Derived from the upper scene, yet inside a big Shiny Pyramid™ (heresy!) instead of a Shiny Sphere™. 

Hubism with EDGES

Cheers to Shiny Pyramids... uhm, that doesn't rhyme well, does it?  ;) 

Post edited by hubert on

hubert - I like the result of your experiments. I don't think the edges look aggressive. I get more the impression if a toon or CEL shaded picture (CEL = Contour Enhanced Lines).

Horo: Yep, CEL Shading fits better here. Mmh.... I think that I could/should use a much "finer pen" next time. We will see. ;)

edited November 2021

Hubert – very nice abstracts, I like the toon effect. The "Room" is very nicely done, the like the addition of the "edge effect"

The terrains are from the Mountain Gorge set, materials from the same set and lighting from the Sky ToolBox. Both sets are available at Bryce-tutorials.info.  The swan and dove are freebies.

swans-doves.jpg
    615 x 800 - 79K

Horo : great work with the crater construction set, beautiful cloudy sky.

mermaid : awesome twisted loop, looks like a cathedral roof.

beautiful mountain landscape, great atmosphere.

hubert : hubism : absolutely fantastic

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256
    edited November 2021

do you wanna "C" abstract bug vs concrete bug?laugh

abstractbug vs concretebug.jpg
    1600 x 800 - 534K
    Post edited by mach25 on

mermaid - you did a great job with those terrains. I never thought that parts of the Mountain Gorge could be used. Good idea! The scene looks very nice - a bit cold but the beasts seem to feel happy.

adbc - thank you.

mach25 - nicely done bugs.

• Michael CallahanMichael Callahan Posts: 57
    edited November 2021

Title: Silent  Valley

Title: Silent Valley

I like Bryce it makes great backgound items for rendering picture in DAZ Studio.  Also it make great landscape pictures too.  I have been using Bryce since the 5th addition was out.  Looks like I need to do a little more work on this one with the mountain on right side.  

Quite-Valley.jpg
    500 x 375 - 172K
    Post edited by Michael Callahan on

Mermaid: Thanks. A nicely composed moody scene.

adbc: Thanks! :)

mach25: Cool bugs. I'll always choose the abstract bug (I like its material), whereas I might be abstractedly biased. ;)

Michael Callahan: A majestic scene!

This discussion has been closed.