Carrara Challenge #60 - Go - (get it? 60? Go? sorry...) - WIP Thread

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Oops.  Apologies to UnifiedBrain and HeadWax.

My second comment should have read - "- UnifiedBrain - Director, time for my closeup!  Multiple entendres.  Works on every level."

Looking forward to the next aerial render.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited November 2021

Thank you Diomede, much appreciated.

Your wish is my command.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

Thank you @Bunyip02 and @Diomede :)

@UnifiedBrain yes our job is to imply a narrative, not spell it out letter by letter for the audience :)

Ted, no need to apologise , I didn't mind taking UB's credit :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

where did the Fokker GO? surprise

Ha ha I get it thanks. 

Um, I am confused.  

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2021

Stezza said:

where did the Fokker GO? surprise

Fokkers?  Fokkers?  Yeah, we got Fokkers!

Let's Go Fokkers!

In this render I returned to an old character which first appeared in the Tomato Challenge - the Red Baron.  The Baron is crazy about Fokkers!  This Fokker is a specially modified triplane (from this product) and includes a kechup bottle fuselage.

This render marks the first time I have ever used the replicator (as opposed to the surface replicator).  The replicator is great for making colums and rows, which I applied to the cars in the parking lots and streets.  And the cars are all spline models from the Carrara browser.

Emotiguy is the Baron, and the background includes a free arena and some random Stonemason buildings.  Textures are mostly courtesy of GMIC.

No postwork.

Lets Go Fokkers 1.png
    1800 x 1200 - 3M
    Lets Go Fokkers Carrara Setup 1.JPG
    1636 x 1028 - 448K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
    edited November 2021

Excellent update, UB.

- The rest of this post redacted by Diomede.

Post edited by Diomede on

UB saideth

This render marks the first time I have ever used the replicator (as opposed to the surface replicator).  The replicator is great for making colums and rows, which I applied to the cars in the parking lots and streets.  And the cars are all spline models from the Carrara browser.

Emotiguy is the Baron, and the background includes a free arena and some random Stonemason buildings.  Textures are mostly courtesy of GMIC.

No postwork.

really good to use a new tool in Carrara! And all those hidden spline modellers to discover. Crash Test Dummy's stand out :)

edited November 2021

no postwork.... cool

except for speech bubble.

Fokker.png
    800 x 600 - 688K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

no postwork.... cool

That's a scream. And so true.

edited November 2021

Happy Armistice Day.

I have noticed that you have posted WWI-related entries in more than one challenge.  Do you have a collection, project, gallery, or similar related to WWI? 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Stezza said:

no postwork.... cool

Ha!

Thanks to everyone for the support.  Everything is good.

• Diomede said:

Happy Armistice Day.

I have noticed that you have posted WWI-related entries in more than one challenge.  Do you have a collection, project, gallery, or similar related to WWI? 

I assume that you are asking me.

No collection.  I just respect those who have suffered incredible hardships and have given everything for the freedoms that I take for granted today.

• Just realized that you may have been addressing Stezza or HW.  For sure, they have done a lot more war renders than me. blush

• the first plane I ever flew in was a Fokker Friendship.

As a tween I found the name amusing. cheeky

edited November 2021

Diomede said:

Happy Armistice Day.

Happy AD back :)

If it's me it's because I have a few ww1 low res figures , but I can't remember doing any for the challenge - some for the NPR thread perhaps?

I'm in two minds about war. One: it's a terrible thing Two: man is made to make war so desrves it Three: from a mere philosophical point if we hadn't had so many wars in the past the planet might be even more crowded. So, in away, wars have saved the planet (so far)

Of course : One: it's a terrible thing gets my vote.

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited November 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the first plane I ever flew in was a Fokker Friendship.

As a tween I found the name amusing. cheeky

Well I giggled at the Friendship part myself - seeing the plane and I had only just met. Mind you i would have been six years old and never understood what kind of relationship one might have with a plane.

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited November 2021

Here is the start of another idea by me.  Inspired by a 1950s advertizement for homebuying, I thought it might be adapted for young people of prom-going age.  

'Going to the Prom: AKA Shut up and kiss me, AKA Don't ruin it by talking.'

The figures are vintage Victoria 3 and David 3.  The cubes are placeholders for a corsage box and candy box.  I'm not happy with the hair morphs for V3 hair.  I experimented with stacking some GMIC filters.

prom wip.png
    1200 x 1600 - 1M
  • Looking great so far, Diomede.  Extra nice poses and skin texture.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited November 2021

Headwax said:

@UnifiedBrain thank you - yes they were odd, I had to drop the constraints to pose them and then things went from go to woe! 

@ed3D thank you, thanks for the moon heads up too - will checki it out

~   you're welcome  ~   And Not An Enrty

Doc1WEL-PARTY 1Ab.png
    1280 x 720 - 485K
    Post edited by ed3D on

UnifiedBrain said:

Just realized that you may have been addressing Stezza or HW.  For sure, they have done a lot more war renders than me. blush

I don't think it was me frown 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

Diomede said:

Here is the start of another idea by me.  Inspired by a 1950s advertizement for homebuying, I thought it might be adapted for young people of prom-going age.  

'Going to the Prom: AKA Shut up and kiss me, AKA Don't ruin it by talking.'

The figures are vintage Victoria 3 and David 3.  The cubes are placeholders for a corsage box and candy box.  I'm not happy with the hair morphs for V3 hair.  I experimented with stacking some GMIC filters.

Nice !!!

edited November 2021

Puppy want to Go for a walk?

Thanks, UnifiedBrain and Bunyip for comments on the prom project.

Here is another possible project.  I was out for a walk in a park that normally does not allow dogs because there is a separate area for the dogs (don't ask me why).  Anyway, today, the city is sponsoring a community dog walk in the part of the park that does not allow dogs, perhaps to convince themselves to change city regs currently banning such walks.  It was very pleasant to see people out walking their dogs.  No, I don't have a dog; my building does not allow pets.  sad

Simple scene setup using a G2F and the millenium dog.  The terrain was created using the Carrara terrain modeler with a plateau fliter to create the path.  The current shader uses a layer list simply to divide the terrain shader into three parts - below the path, the path itself, and above the path.  I use the 'local' setting in the elevation blender when manipulating a single terrain like this. Wether you use local or global, make sure it is the same for each layer blender.

I may not get this finished, and may not be an entry even if I finish, but I was inspired by the folks out and about today.

bb01 walk dog scene setup.jpg
    1855 x 1000 - 511K
    bb02 terrain modeler plateau to get trail.jpg
    1664 x 947 - 206K
    bb03 dog scene test render.jpg
    600 x 800 - 67K
    bb04 shader environment elevation in layer list to isolate trail.jpg
    827 x 465 - 52K

~  And  then .

2THEY-OFF 1b.png
    1275 x 704 - 784K
    2THEY-OFF 1e.png
    1276 x 720 - 143K
    2THEY-OFF 1g.png
    1269 x 725 - 142K

Diomede said:

Puppy want to Go for a walk?

Thanks, UnifiedBrain and Bunyip for comments on the prom project.

Here is another possible project.  I was out for a walk in a park that normally does not allow dogs because there is a separate area for the dogs (don't ask me why).  Anyway, today, the city is sponsoring a community dog walk in the part of the park that does not allow dogs, perhaps to convince themselves to change city regs currently banning such walks.  It was very pleasant to see people out walking their dogs.  No, I don't have a dog; my building does not allow pets.  sad

Simple scene setup using a G2F and the millenium dog.  The terrain was created using the Carrara terrain modeler with a plateau fliter to create the path.  The current shader uses a layer list simply to divide the terrain shader into three parts - below the path, the path itself, and above the path.  I use the 'local' setting in the elevation blender when manipulating a single terrain like this. Wether you use local or global, make sure it is the same for each layer blender.

I may not get this finished, and may not be an entry even if I finish, but I was inspired by the folks out and about today.

Great use of the terrain !!!

ed3D said:

~  And  then .

Thats a nice model, intrigued about what comes next !!!

edited November 2021

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

~  And  then .

~  thanx ,  was an Arrow _ like a street sign ,, kind of one _ 

UP-the-ROAD 1Dc.png
    333 x 718 - 82K
    Post edited by ed3D on

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

~  And  then .

LOL, thought it might have been a spaceship !!!

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

~  And  then .

LOL, thought it might have been a spaceship !!!

~  Yeah, it kinda is _ made the Arrow , then Export as 3DS file - import to Bryce - made the bryce scene _

then, how 'bout  - could Re-Purpose arrow shape - And then started working arrow over _