DAZ 3d keeps opening instead of hexagon from launcher

I really would like to try this software, but it won't open!~ It just opens daz 3d!
Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• What do you mean by "Daz 3D"? The website? One of the installers (Daz Central or Install Manager)? Daz Studio? How are you trying to run the application? How did you install?

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

And what launcher are you talking about? We are NOT using your computer. We are NOT looking over your shoulder. You have to provide us with all information needed to understand what you are talking about.

• Same problem. DAZ Central shows 'open' for Hexagon but opens DAZ Studio instead.

• Same issue..

It shows up in my Daz Central Dashboard as an installed app v2.5.2.109.

When I attempt to launch Hexagon from my Dashboard it opens DS instead

• YlarrYlarr Posts: 0

Same issue for me,

I just made a Daz 3D account, installed DazCentral, used that to install Daz Studio (works fine), then installed Hexagon but when I click open on the Hexagon page in Applications (within DazCentral) it launches Daz Studio 4.15 (the same result as if I clicked the open button on the Daz Studio page).

I have been able to launch Hexagon from the .exe file (where DazCentral installed it) and enter my serial number so I guess I'll use that method for now.

• I don't know if this was ever resolved or not but I'm having the same issue. When I attempt to open Hexagon from DazCentral, it opens Daz3D EVERY TIME. Like Ylarr, I downloaded Hexagon seperatly and can open it from it's own desktop icon, but I'd prefer to keep my desktop tidier and be able to just open both Daz3D and Hexagon fron DazCentral. 

• Same issue.. today 20.11.2021

It shows up in my Daz Central Dashboard Hexagon as an installed app v2.5.2.109.

When I attempt to launch Hexagon from my Dashboard it opens DS (Daz Studio) instead

• ibisit said:

Same issue.. today 20.11.2021

It shows up in my Daz Central Dashboard Hexagon as an installed app v2.5.2.109.

When I attempt to launch Hexagon from my Dashboard it opens DS (Daz Studio) instead

I'm getting this too. I don't even know where it installed it to so I can open it up manually from it's exe. I type Hexagon into my search bar and it only comes up with unrelated internet searches. No program. Yet Daz Studio tells me it is installed.

• I am having the same issue, It must be some kind of bug in the launcher directing to the wrong location when you try to start hexagon. If you navigate to the exe on your hardrive (my location was "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\32-bit\DAZ 3D\Hexagon2" by default) hexagon will launch from the exe without any issues. Not sure where to report this so it gets patched but hopefully that helps in the meantime

• I came here looking for a solution as I have the same issue. I did the similiar as above (Lubrew) suggests except I found the App in my Start Menu under All Apps (Windows 11) with the added step of pinning the Hexagon icon to my Start Menu and to my taskbar.  In my Start menu the App can be found inside the Daz3D Folder, rather than under H for Hexagon. 

• It sounds like you are trying to launch Hexagon from with in Daz Central, what I've done is to Pin in to my Start Menu. Did a quick screen grab, it's stored in the DAZ 3D folder but you can change the location with the app installer.

I'm still using Win 10, maybe there's a problem with Win 11, if so please fill in a ticket - https://www.daz3d.com/help 

Wheres Hex.jpg
    931 x 946 - 395K
  • Starseeker6996Starseeker6996 Posts: 4
    edited April 2022

Same Issue here.

• When selecting the Hexagon page within DazCentral the Open button starts Daz Studio.
    • A 32 bit version of Hexagon.exe was found in ...\Applications\32-bit\DAZ 3D\Hexagon2\
    • A 64 bit version of Hexagon.exe was found in ...\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\Hexagon2\

The Hexagon.exe versions can be started outside DAZCentral in the usual way by windows 10 or 11. However, NOT from DazCentral.

Please update the "DAZCentral  |  Hexagon | Open" button to start Hexagon where the bit-version depends on the operating system in use.

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by Starseeker6996 on