Carrara Challenge #60 - Go - (get it? 60? Go? sorry...) - WIP Thread

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Bunyip - thanks for the comment on the doggie walk.  

ed3D - liking the Blender model.  It seems to be pointing to where I want to GO. smiley  Somewhere between Michigan and Florida?  Will your 'go to' move be a Florida man render?

Maybe if Stezza chooses the next challenge, it can have a Flrida Man theme because this story I am linking to is a good challenge for Stezza's wacky modeling efforts.

https://10play.com.au/theproject/articles/florida-man-really-lives-up-to-the-florida-man-trope/tpa210726dnrbj

------

Everyone, I will be posting an entry thread later this upcoming weekend but there is still lots of time.  The entry thread won't close until December 5th.  For those of you sitting on the sidelines, get your projects GOING.

I will be traveling starting tomorrow.  I don't anticipate it affecting the challenge but you never know.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited November 2021

LoRenzo goes hampster floating!

laugh

Hampster Float.png
    900 x 675 - 1M
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

laugh

Fantastic!

Well, I made it from Little Rock to Dallas without incident, and the internet here is allowing me and my laptop access.  All is GOING according to schedule.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

Stezza said:

laugh

On a roll and making a splash with this one !!! Nice render !

Diomede said:

Well, I made it from Little Rock to Dallas without incident, and the internet here is allowing me and my laptop access.  All is GOING according to schedule.

Safe travel !!!

Bunyip02 said:

Diomede said:

Safe travel !!!

Thanks, so far so good.

Diomede said:

can you get a photo of the grassy knoll and the Texas School Book Depository building? enlightened

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

Diomede said:

Bunyip - thanks for the comment on the doggie walk.  

ed3D - liking the Blender model.  It seems to be pointing to where I want to GO. smiley  Somewhere between Michigan and Florida?  Will your 'go to' move be a Florida man render?

thanx very much~~

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

Diomede said:

Bunyip02 said:

Diomede said:

Safe travel !!!

Thanks, so far so good.

keep the windows up :)

Stezza said:

laugh

great title - amazing job you did of the water splashes and the h20 in general

Diomede said:

Here is the start of another idea by me.  Inspired by a 1950s advertizement for homebuying, I thought it might be adapted for young people of prom-going age.  

'Going to the Prom: AKA Shut up and kiss me, AKA Don't ruin it by talking.'

The figures are vintage Victoria 3 and David 3.  The cubes are placeholders for a corsage box and candy box.  I'm not happy with the hair morphs for V3 hair.  I experimented with stacking some GMIC filters.

that's a wow of a compostition - the flow of the poses is 'just right'.

ed3D said:

Headwax said:

@UnifiedBrain thank you - yes they were odd, I had to drop the constraints to pose them and then things went from go to woe! 

@ed3D thank you, thanks for the moon heads up too - will checki it out

beaut and stark - I like it :) straight to the point (well arrow in this case) ;)

~   you're welcome  ~   And Not An Enrty

Diomede said:

Puppy want to Go for a walk?

Thanks, UnifiedBrain and Bunyip for comments on the prom project.

Here is another possible project.  I was out for a walk in a park that normally does not allow dogs because there is a separate area for the dogs (don't ask me why).  Anyway, today, the city is sponsoring a community dog walk in the part of the park that does not allow dogs, perhaps to convince themselves to change city regs currently banning such walks.  It was very pleasant to see people out walking their dogs.  No, I don't have a dog; my building does not allow pets.  sad

Simple scene setup using a G2F and the millenium dog.  The terrain was created using the Carrara terrain modeler with a plateau fliter to create the path.  The current shader uses a layer list simply to divide the terrain shader into three parts - below the path, the path itself, and above the path.  I use the 'local' setting in the elevation blender when manipulating a single terrain like this. Wether you use local or global, make sure it is the same for each layer blender.

I may not get this finished, and may not be an entry even if I finish, but I was inspired by the folks out and about today.

wondered why I liked this image so much. Then I realised it reminds me of the Fauvist art movement. Raw and dynamic.

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

~  And  then .

Thats a nice model, intrigued about what comes next !!!

~  thanx ,  was an Arrow _ like a street sign ,, kind of one _ 

LOL, thought it might have been a spaceship !!!

~  Yeah, it kinda is _ made the Arrow , then Export as 3DS file - import to Bryce - made the bryce scene _

then, how 'bout  - could Re-Purpose arrow shape - And then started working arrow over _

love your lateral thinking here - and how you blend in blender :)

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    edited November 2021

The title is "Go West, Young Man", in this case along the famous US Route 66, "the nation's first all-weather highway linking Chicago to Los Angeles ... in 1985, Route 66 was officially decommissioned.".  In its heyday, 1926 to 1985, it was the Yellow Brick Road for US drivers.  This scene is set in the 1950's.

WIP and Final attached.  The background image was done in VUE using a great purchased scene from Luigi Marini ("RaffyRaffy") who has disappeared AFAIK.  The Carrara part is pretty simple, some vehicles and characters placed on a plane set up as a shadow catcher.  The final has some Photoshop work to cover up some overly repeating ground and road textures.

Route 66 Carrara Screen Shot WIP.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 475K
    Route 66 Cam4 DAZ Go Contest 4.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 442K
    Post edited by Steve K on
  • Steve K said:

Go West Young Man

Neat setup and render, Steve!  Great to see you posting in the Challenge.

Thanks for the comments on mine.

SteveK - Driving the old Rt 66 is on my bucket list.  Might do it in 2022.  Great idea and execution.

Thanks, folks.  With the Halloween and Holiday animation contests being cancelled at the "other" site for technical reasons, I had some time on my hands ... frown

Diomede, yes I read that 85% of Route 66 is still drivable.  Long ago I worked a summer job at a major 24 hour filling station in Oklahoma City, right on the highway.  A lot of people were heading west, probably many on Route 66.  We had salesmen who used fear tactics to sell them new tires and evaporating water bags to hang in front of the radiators to avoid over heating.  "That desert gets up to about 120 F, y'know".  wink

Steve K said:

The title is "Go West, Young Man", in this case along the famous US Route 66, "the nation's first all-weather highway linking Chicago to Los Angeles ... in 1985, Route 66 was officially decommissioned.".  In its heyday, 1926 to 1985, it was the Yellow Brick Road for US drivers.  This scene is set in the 1950's.

WIP and Final attached.  The background image was done in VUE using a great purchased scene from Luigi Marini ("RaffyRaffy") who has disappeared AFAIK.  The Carrara part is pretty simple, some vehicles and characters placed on a plane set up as a shadow catcher.  The final has some Photoshop work to cover up some overly repeating ground and road textures.

great idea Steve K ... but I'm a bit concerned indecision

either you lot over there have humungous road signs and roads or the people and vehicles are just tiny little things surprise

I've heard rumours about the US saying they have bigger upsized things! angel

also... the shadows of the props don't quite matchup to the background image ... but as said great concept yes

Stezza - good points, thanks.

Steve K said:

Looking good !!!

Reminder - Entries to close December 5th, so still plenty of time, but be aware.  Let me know if anyone needs more time or if there are any other issues.

Bunyip02 said:

Steve K said:

The title is "Go West, Young Man"

Looking good !!!

Thanks.  I grew up just a few miles from Route 66 when it was still a major route for cars.  So it has a ring of adventure for me even now.  laugh

sorry to be missing in inaction :)

Here's a go kart I modelled . Simple and banged up like me... :)

Steve K said:

Very nice MR K. I can feel the heat from here on the other side of the planet!

• Headwax said:

sorry to be missing in inaction :)

Here's a go kart I modelled . Simple and banged up like me... :)

Nice composition.  The textures, as always, are amazing.

Sorry you did not enter the War render.

Headwax said:

Very nice MR K. I can feel the heat from here on the other side of the planet!

Thanks.  That's impressive since quick search shows many occasions of temperatures in Australia over 120 F.  Here in coastal Houston, we got 109 F once, but the humidity was about the same number.

crying <- sweat

And BTW, cool cart, like others have said the textures are great.

Headwax - wonderful modeling and texturing.  A real beauty.

edited December 2021

@UnifiedBrain Thank you,  ha ha I forgot about the war render. I knew I did more than I coould find. If I'm allowed to I might swap it out for one of the other entries. 

@Steve K thanks, it ony gets hot here when you have a hangover....

@Diomede thank you, I was going to have a down hill race but I ran out of steam... er I mean gravity :)

I've been working four days a week and am exhausted. O)

Post edited by Headwax on