Manual upgrade

DAZCentral fails to upgrade or install DAZ Studio. States that installation will begin after previous installations, but there are none. Is there any way to keep DAZ Studio updated manually?

DAZCentral is lousy. Sorry.

Comments

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633
    edited November 2021

The exe installers are in your product library: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176 

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • Yes, but I don't think those installers include upgrades, which I belive DAZCentral is supposed to do.

DAZ Studio is an amazing piece of software.

DAZCentral? Not so much.

Why do I have to seek wokarounds because DAZCentral feils to do what it exists for?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,296

Michaelrdavis said:

Yes, but I don't think those installers include upgrades, which I belive DAZCentral is supposed to do.

DAZ Studio is an amazing piece of software.

DAZCentral? Not so much.

Why do I have to seek wokarounds because DAZCentral feils to do what it exists for?

Which 'upgrades' are you talking about?

The manually downloadable files are always the latest ones released, DAZ Central doesn't install/update any newer versions.

• I get the same error when I try to upgrade DAZ Studio with DAZ Central. I installed the older Daz Install Manager and I find that works just fine.

• How do I get the old Install Manager?

• How do I get the old Install Manager?

BTW, PerttiA, isn't it odd that in DAZCentral, there appears a yellow button with the word 'update' on it.

It certainly fooled me into thinking it was an update.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Michaelrdavis said:

How do I get the old Install Manager?

https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info
  • contedesfeescontedesfees Posts: 231
    edited November 2021

Leanna, you are a peach and a wunderkind! Very good of you to take the trouble. Frankly, I couldn't find the link. Someday, I'm going to buy you a virtual beer for being so sweet and helpful!

Michaelrdavis, you have nothing to be sorry for. DAZ Central is not a software triumph. Whoever wrote it should be sorry. I use manual installations whenever possible; failing that, I use Daz Install Manager.

Post edited by contedesfees on